Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

The new Windrock Map

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

The new Windrock Map Empty
PostSubject: The new Windrock Map   The new Windrock Map EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 10:44 am

Since I had to buy a new yearly pass last Saturday, I decided to pick up a new map as well. I am impressed with the new map.....for the first time, that I'm aware of, they actually list some of the trails by the names I grew up with before windrock was a public OHV park. But there are still a lot more trails that's not shown on the map..

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

My rzr has done all of them except for rattle rock. I cant wait to see how the xp does on them or how much more ease or more difficult than my rzr... That will be the deciding factor for me to get one or not. The wife has done given me the 431114 on a xp if my heart so desires.

Here is the only sucky part about Windrock becoming a public OHV park. Spending too much damn money on yearly permits.....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
smith700

PostSubject: Re: The new Windrock Map   The new Windrock Map EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 11:01 am

I looked at a new map also, and they have listed a LOT of the unmarked gravel roads also.
I like Little School Bus trail.... Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
stacrzr

stacrzr

PostSubject: Re: The new Windrock Map   The new Windrock Map EmptyWed Jan 26, 2011 9:22 pm

One good thing... As much as we ride up there, it will pay for itself soon....
Back to top Go down
http://smalenovsky@gmail.com
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: The new Windrock Map   The new Windrock Map EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:54 am

The trail called Betty's trail was named after Betty Custer. There were a few of us riding a couple of years ago on 4 wheelers. About half way through the trail is a hill with a big rock at the top. (The one that Flannagan got stuck on the last ride trying to go to the right side) Betty tried to go to the left side of it. The rear wheels spun and started dropping off the side of the mountain. She stayed on the gas until the last second then bailed off. It is really steep down that side of the mountain. She and the 4 wheeler tumbled down about 150' and the handle bar end drove it's self about 6" into the inside of her leg. The 4 wheeler ended up against a tree. Luckly the handle bar didn't hit anything important. I rode down to the trail head to get help. She recovered very well but it could have turned out a lot worse.
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: The new Windrock Map   The new Windrock Map EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 7:59 am

stacrzr If you have your hunting license and a WMA small game stamp you should ride with us. We will probably be riding some of Windrock then going across 116 on the unmarked trails. If not, they go on sale February 18th. With that you can ride from Windrock across the WMA land to Brimstone. Plus, there are some really good trails on the WMA land.
Back to top Go down
rzr340

rzr340

PostSubject: Re: The new Windrock Map   The new Windrock Map EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 9:36 pm

Ditto on the WMA land, fun stuff. Badride, do you go up the fork mountain trail to access the gravel roads to Brimstone? Thats the way i go up. My wife and i rode up that trail for the first time last summer, it was so overgrown in some places, you could not see the trail for the blackberry bushes, but we kept pressing on and made it to the gravel. I was up there a month ago and it was alot better.
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: The new Windrock Map   The new Windrock Map EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 7:28 am

Not sure what you call it. But if you come out to the end of the gravel road G6 there is a cemetery across the road. We turn left, go down Hwy 116 about 1/4 mile and turn right up the hill on a gravel/dirt road. We bare left at most of the interesctions for quite a few turns then we turn right and that trail comes out on a gravel road. We then turn left on to the gravel road that comes up from the coal wash.
Back to top Go down
rzr340

rzr340

PostSubject: Re: The new Windrock Map   The new Windrock Map EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 8:08 pm

Thats the fork mountain trail. I think we are going up there and going to Brimstone this Sat. and do trail 14 in the new river WMA on the way back.
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: The new Windrock Map   The new Windrock Map EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 6:52 am

If Jeff gets his RZR out of the shop (front diff came apart) a few of us are going to Jeff's hunting lodge on his lease that borders Brimstone on south end. We will ride Brimstone and some of the private land and UT land now that hunting season is over.
Back to top Go down
stacrzr

stacrzr

PostSubject: Re: The new Windrock Map   The new Windrock Map EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 3:10 pm

Sounds like a good place to ride. Will have wait on the 18th. I plan on riding this weekend...
Back to top Go down
http://smalenovsky@gmail.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The new Windrock Map   The new Windrock Map Empty

Back to top Go down

The new Windrock Map
Page 1 of 1