http://southernrzrrider.forumotion.com
bush

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:46 am

good looking rides.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
Member #01

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:39 am

Dang Gunny!!! 35 grand in 2 years! You da man!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:55 am

Clayboy wrote:
Dang Gunny!!! 35 grand in 2 years! You da man!

Da broke man, 729242 lost a few dollars before i got the one i want, but it takes that sometimes.
Back to top Go down
va.redneckrazor

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:48 pm

stepping out better and better like the white s also how did you like the OMF beadlocks
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:52 pm

va.redneckrazor wrote:
stepping out better and better like the white s also how did you like the OMF beadlocks

23521 va.redneckrazor....... cheers

He liked them fine. we just had a hell of a time getting them to hold air...... affraid

Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:38 am

va.redneckrazor wrote:

If they were OMF, id still have them 971386 but they were ITP, and the backs leaked bad unless you silicone the tire beads. I liked how they looked, but not worth the hassle.

Back to top Go down
Stealth

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:10 pm

Back to top Go down
va.redneckrazor

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:51 pm

the rings look like the same style as the omf style Ive talked to them about getting a set of ringd to mount to the wheels i have on my rzr s and the price of the rings and the mounting kit is outragous
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
Member #01

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:55 pm

Is it possible to turn a stock set of wheels into beadlocks and how much might that cost?
Back to top Go down
va.redneckrazor

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:00 pm

yes it is depends on what stock wheels you have to what you have to do to them but most of the wheels you turn down the outer lip to it is smooth then you can eithier drill and tap the wheel or weld mounts to the wheel for the beadlock ring and the desgin of the ring usually tells how it must be mounted
Back to top Go down
kevinm

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:05 pm

I think that Dodd was checking into it for stock s wheels but said that it would be a bit pricey
Back to top Go down
va.redneckrazor

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:13 pm

right around 40.00 per wheel plus ring you pick havent priced any rings but the OMF rings and thier high as hell but i bet the itp rings are not that bad im going to call them on monday i didnt know they made a ring that looked like those red ones which i like i hope they arent that high OMFs were over 100.00 per ring
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:31 pm

Clayboy wrote:
Is it possible to turn a stock set of wheels into beadlocks and how much might that cost?

Badride had two sets of his done, stock 09 s wheels, 499.00 a set includes shipping both ways.

Back to top Go down
Clayboy
Member #01

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Sun Mar 14, 2010 7:55 pm

Damn! $499, I think I could just buy some Beadlocks to begin with! 780841
Back to top Go down
va.redneckrazor

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:07 pm

100.00per wheel plus your wheels. 40.00 labor per wheel and what the ring cost put you at 400.00 so with shipping is about right
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Mon Mar 15, 2010 9:04 am

Clayboy wrote:

Yes you can. But if you want the lighter OMF beadlocks they will cost you around $1200 a set. I know because I bought a new set for my Renegade. However, I found a set of almost new OMFs for $200 that I put on my other Renegade. The problem is that with a RZR S I didn't want to be any wider than stock. OMF (which are really just Douglas wheels that OMF starts with) wheels are more offset than the stock ones. So that is why I am running stock beadlocked wheels on both my RZR Ss. I have another set of RokStar beadlocks that are on the Weber RZRS. I haven't measured them yet but just from looking, they look like they too are more off set than the stock wheels. If they are, I may end up selling them.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
Member #01

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:15 pm

badride wrote:
Clayboy wrote:

Yes you can. But if you want the lighter OMF beadlocks they will cost you around $1200 a set. I know because I bought a new set for my Renegade. However, I found a set of almost new OMFs for $200 that I put on my other Renegade. The problem is that with a RZR S I didn't want to be any wider than stock. OMF (which are really just Douglas wheels that OMF starts with) wheels are more offset than the stock ones. So that is why I am running stock beadlocked wheels on both my RZR Ss. I have another set of RokStar beadlocks that are on the Weber RZRS. I haven't measured them yet but just from looking, they look like they too are more off set than the stock wheels. If they are, I may end up selling them.

Thanks Badride, makes more sence now. I do want to stay with stock off-set so I guess if I want beadlocks that will be the way I have to go. I haven't knocked the bead off the wheel yet so I'll keep that on the back burner for now. 431114
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Mon Mar 15, 2010 12:27 pm

I didn't have a problem for years then all of a sudden I went through a phase where I got mud packed inbetween the tire and wheel and couldn't keep air in them. This was because I would be in a rut and be running pretty hard and the rut that the wheel was in packed it in there. Now I don't have a problem anymore. Nothing ruins a good day of riding like having a tire that has to have air put in at every break. Now I can ride as hard as I want and mud can't get in there anymore. Plus, when you change tires it makes it MUCH easier to change them.
Back to top Go down
va.redneckrazor

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:19 pm

why dont you want to go with a wider stance my rzr s handles the curves and switch backs alot better than with the stock wheels ive rode here around the house and at wagon wheel and black mountian on some pretty tight trails and still able to keep up with everyone else with rzr and rzr s. is there a certain reason you all want to stay stock
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:28 pm

va.redneckrazor wrote:
why dont you want to go with a wider stance my rzr s handles the curves and switch backs alot better than with the stock wheels ive rode here around the house and at wagon wheel and black mountian on some pretty tight trails and still able to keep up with everyone else with rzr and rzr s. is there a certain reason you all want to stay stock

At windrock or brimestone, there are some places that yours might have a tight squeeze being about 64'' wide. A 60'' stock s goes 99% but sometimes even its tight, reason is most of these trail systems were built before side by sides were popular and atvs rarely are over 50'', most trails have been widened up but not all have.

Back to top Go down
va.redneckrazor

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Mon Mar 15, 2010 10:51 pm

i understand around here most of the trails are old 4x4 tails that nobody rides on anymore when we rode at wagon wheel wv we rode some pretty rough trails and i got along easily so i guess ill ride till we hit a tight place and ill figure it out when i get stuck or trapped or bent up
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Tue Mar 16, 2010 8:03 am

GunRunner wrote:
va.redneckrazor wrote:

At windrock or brimestone, there are some places that yours might have a tight squeeze being about 64'' wide. A 60'' stock s goes 99% but sometimes even its tight, reason is most of these trail systems were built before side by sides were popular and atvs rarely are over 50'', most trails have been widened up but not all have.

Just exactly what Gunny said, there are a few places at Windrock and IMO one of the best trail on the other side of Hwy 116, Lower Moe's trail, that you can get through being 64" but it will take you a lot longer to get through because of the extra width. When our group goes it is like a race to the next stop. If someone is wider than 60" they can't be as fast because of it being so tight. I don't want to be the one at the "beverage stop" that someone says I was holding them up. Now, mind you, this is all in fun, we just like to give each other sh** over being slower than someone else. Width is partly why the Rhinos are slower in some of these type sections. By the time they get aftermarket wheels on them they are so wide it slows them down too. Of course one of my buds is putting a 800 Can Am motor I sold him in his Rhino so he won't be so slow. I can't wait to see that thing run when he gets finished.
Back to top Go down
va.redneckrazor

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:01 pm

when it get tight i just put it to the floor and start bouncing off sh_t and fix it later
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:12 pm

You will be fine, most places are wide enough or have a second way thru. worst case, someone breaks out the chainsaw lol!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My past and present SXS's   

Back to top Go down

My past and present SXS's
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1