Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

RZR LT6

Go down 
+3
muddy-one
ChrisC
Triel
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Triel

Triel

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 1:01 am

Well, I broke the bank and purchased the SuperATV LT6 kit w/ Their new Phantom shocks. Started tearing it down today. Got ready to start installing new parts and this is what I found.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Can you tell what is wrong, lol!

I also found this rear hub disaster during the tear down.

Why in the hell I never heard this is beyong me, but it was like this for a while.

Before long I will be doing this, unless my front weights to much! 729242

Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 3:40 am

Keep us up to date with the new build...... cheers
Back to top Go down
muddy-one

muddy-one

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 9:40 am

Congrats. 431114
Definitely keep us posted on how you like it. I have been looking at there +4 kit. Really like the idea of Heim joints. Just wonder if they will get stiff in muddy conditions.
Man sucks about the rear hub. I don't see how you didn't hear or feel the hub was broken. Would have thought it would have felt funny under breaking.
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 12:11 am

She is ready and waiting for the new body and new suspension. Now, if I could just get UPS to actually deliver a my packages then I will be good.

I ended up having to cut the right rear upper control arm bolt off. The arm moved free, but the spacer in the bushing was frozen to the bolt. I tried every thing and just could not get to it to punch it out. I think they should present that to convicted felons in prison. No better way to keep people out of prison then having them spend the entire day grinding a grade 10 bolt!

BTW, who needs a winch rebuilder! I finally figured out why my winch did not want to work half the time. I took the relay apart and foiund it to be full of blue corrosion. I cleaned it and filled it with Dielectric grease. Works great!

Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 12:59 pm

More updates

Back to top Go down
muddy-one

muddy-one

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 2:54 pm

Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 5:59 pm

Looks good.
I like the duel spring shocks..... 431114
Might have to change the color of them springs though.
i ant sure about Green... lol!
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptySat Feb 26, 2011 7:55 pm

I am just going to get spring covers to help save the shocks from mud and grit. But, I agree, I had planned on taking them to the powder coater and have them match to my new plastic. But, then i went with Carbon Fiber White.
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 2:06 pm

Now that I have all the parts I need I have started the install. Thanks to Lindsay at SuperATV I got my lower arms next day (Saturday) and now I have all that I need to get the suspension done. Still waiting on my Maier front clip, but that will not slow the rest.

The arms look tough enough for how I ride and the shocks look great. I did not use the tie-rod extensions, went with Racer Tech +6 Replacement tie-rods. The inners are so much stronger that I may never break them. This seems to be the only thing I am having trouble with right now.

All 4 arms are on and getting ready to start installing the shocks, hubs, wheels, and then see what my measurements look like when it comes to camber and caster. I have a Racer Tech gusset kit on my frame, so I had to start with all HEIMs at 3 turns out to get to all the lock nuts.

This is an S with 1.5" wheels spacers on it. It is sitting around 64" wide.

Looks like I will be around 66" wide (in the rear) with 26/14 Bighorns on Buckshot wheels. I am looking for complete S take-offs to get the right offset. The Buckshot's are about 4" stuck out further then stock S wheels.

I think I may have just been smarter to take ll my money and trade for a new 900! Hind site suxs!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 3:48 pm

Why ant you finished yet.
you should already be riding it today...... lol!

Razz

it looking very nice... 431114
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptySun Feb 27, 2011 11:20 pm

It is taking more time to do then I have had. SuperATV sent me the wrong arms twice and their instructions suck big time! They ended up sending me instructions for the 6-8" lift to get more information. Turns out the only difference in that lift and my long travel is the upper shock mounts. I have also had broken bolts, striped threads, and a tap that was incorrectly marked 10mmx1.25 when it was actually 3/8"x24tpi.

Anyway, went to install shocks and hubs in the rear. Picked up one of the bearing hubs and found that half of the bearing was on the floor. First time I have ever seen a popo bearing do that. Then, I could not mount the shocks because a buddy installed the lower control arms on the wrong sides and upside down. So, today I spent the day going over everything my friends did for me.

Front end is completely together, but I need to replace one of the tubes for the Racer Tech replacement tie-rod kit (that was the one that I screwed up with a tap).

Here are some more pictures.

More to come this week. I hope to have it done before the weekend.
Back to top Go down

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 12:05 am

Back to top Go down
ukistopps

ukistopps

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 8:56 am

That thing is looking good. I like the pics, its a great way for me to start my Monday morning off here at work, sneaking onto the forum. Sitting here sipping coffee and trying to get motivated. Wish I had a garage like that!
Back to top Go down
ukistopps

ukistopps

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 9:03 am

BTW, are you going to add a gusset kit and some bones? I spent 2 months rebuilding mine due to hitting a rock. Those lower front frame tubes can be knocked out of alignment. I had to cut the front lower gusset plate off and press the front back into alignment with a 10 ton hydraulic jack. It took me 2 months to figure this god awful contraption out in my garage. Straightened it out, added some bones and welded the plate back on, and shes good as new! Beef that thing up!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptyMon Feb 28, 2011 4:12 pm

Looks pretty heavy duty.... 431114
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared

CatMostFeared

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 8:07 am

looks good I like it.
I trade u my s suspension if you dont like it
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:36 pm

ukistopps wrote:
Wish I had a garage like that!

Not even my garage, lol! I asked a buddy to use a space in his huge pole barn. He has two motor homes, a boat, a F150, a small car, and three RZR's sitting in it (4 if you count the fact that my stuff is all over the place).

I do have a full gusset kit, but no bones!

Thanks for the thumbs up guys. This has turned out to be a bigger pain then I wanted it to be. It is very beefy and I love the fact that it can be changed to the 6-8" lift. I would have worked on it last night and tonight, but work is getting in the way. Just got home, so it may be tomorrow before I get back to it.

quote="CatMostFeared"]looks good I like it.
I trade u my s suspension if you dont like it[/quote]

To much of a pain to take it off and trim it down to the tiny tubes the S has on it. Should have just purchased the XP! With all the parts I have had to replace and all the incorrect parts I have received from venders, I may never do this again!
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptyTue Mar 01, 2011 9:38 pm

ukistopps wrote:
Wish I had a garage like that!

Not even my garage, lol! I asked a buddy to use a space in his huge pole barn. He has two motor homes, a boat, a F150, a small car, and three RZR's sitting in it (4 if you count the fact that my stuff is all over the place).

I do have a full gusset kit, but no bones!

Thanks for the thumbs up guys. This has turned out to be a bigger pain then I wanted it to be. It is very beefy and I love the fact that it can be changed to the 6-8" lift. I would have worked on it last night and tonight, but work is getting in the way. Just got home, so it may be tomorrow before I get back to it.

CatMostFeared wrote:
looks good I like it.
I trade u my s suspension if you dont like it

To much of a pain to take it off and trim it down to the tiny tubes the S has on it. Should have just purchased the XP! With all the parts I have had to replace and all the incorrect parts I have received from venders, I may never do this again!
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptyWed Mar 02, 2011 11:02 pm

Just got the rear end completely finished. I measured and with Buckshot wheels the sucker is 69" wide. Can you say "timber"! With my buddies S wheels it came down to 65". Still to wide, but not much I can do about it, except turn up the shocks.

No pictures tonight. Wife wanted to come home and I was getting sleepy. All the plastic is in now and I have interior work to complete. Should have more done tomorrow night and be finished by the end of the weekend.

I guess I will have major issue when i come ride with you guys, since some of trails are so narrow.
Back to top Go down
CatMostFeared

CatMostFeared

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptyThu Mar 03, 2011 7:04 am

put a lift kit on it and you will lose2-3" width
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 12:57 am

Got the suspension completed tonight. Took around 4 hours to get the front finished. I still need to set toe, but I am waiting on a new tie-rod tube from Racer Tech. Then I can check that off my list.

I need to get her skinnier, so I took the rear wheels off my buddies RZR-S. Here is what they looked like.

I ended up with 63.5" after adjusting the rear springs. I may adjust the springs more later, but right now it is sitting at that width.

This is what the front looks like with my 14" Buckshots on it.

Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptyFri Mar 04, 2011 9:14 pm

I would put the stock wheels on if it was me..... 248474
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 1:59 am

Well, I am going with stock wheels (kinda). I ordered some older style Polaris rims that are 14" with 4-3 and 6-2 off-set. Only ones I could find. I tried my buddies fronts and they rubbed the upper control arm. That is why last night I stayed up till 3am trying to find new rims.

Got almost all of the wiring completed. Now I have complete circuits to all of the accessories that I have and will have. Also have most of the front body installed.

FYI, if you get Maier plastic for your RZR it will be a mix of all years. My 09 plastic has a column that comes up the a-pillar (front cage tube) till it gets to the bottom of the cage bung. The new Maier plastic does not have this and it has a wider area next to the a-pillar, so that your windshield fits better against the plastic.

My dash will end up looking like NASA borrowed it for a moon landing. I still have a bunch of stuff coming from Concours Specialties.

Back to top Go down
muddy-one

muddy-one

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptyMon Mar 07, 2011 8:13 am

Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 EmptyMon Mar 14, 2011 1:20 am

Getting closer. I have started on the stereo system and CB system. Snorkels are almost finished and the cage is coming together. Soon I will be installing the cage, finishing the snorkels, and replacing the rocker panels.

Just a matter of time now.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RZR LT6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: RZR LT6   RZR LT6 Empty

Back to top Go down

RZR LT6
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Southern RZR Riders :: How to- Mods and Fabrication :: Mods and Fabrications-