HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Share | 

Close up pic of your winch mounted

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Nocerisdave

PostSubject: Close up pic of your winch mounted    Tue Mar 29, 2011 6:51 pm

above front diff. Any one have some pics of the bracket mount installed?
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Close up pic of your winch mounted    Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:51 pm

Dave , it would be hard to get a pic there.
its tucked in there good. the brackets are about 30 or 40 dollars from
EMP its simple to do.... 431114

Nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Close up pic of your winch mounted    Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:18 pm

I know you take that bastard out to clean underneath it....Just take a pic then. whacky21

Last edited by Nocerisdave on Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Close up pic of your winch mounted    Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:20 pm

Nocerisdave wrote:
I know you take that bastard out to clean underneath it....Just take a pic then. whacky21

I tried Dave , cant get a pic of it with the winch there...... Rolling Eyes

Nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Close up pic of your winch mounted    Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:23 pm

OK. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
RCjohn

PostSubject: Re: Close up pic of your winch mounted    Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:58 pm

I can take a pic of mine installed. Do you want it installed in the front or the back. Right now it's in the box in the bed but it can be place in the receiver in the back or my aftermarket receiver in the front. 431114
Back to top Go down
Nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Close up pic of your winch mounted    Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:26 am

Thanks John but I already installed it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close up pic of your winch mounted    Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:03 am

Nocerisdave wrote:

Really? Do you ever have a need for a winch or is it just for looks? Or is it for those times you might think you will need one? Or maybe just have one just incase you might need it. 729242 LOL. 882779 882779 882779 882779

Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE

PostSubject: Re: Close up pic of your winch mounted    Fri Sep 23, 2011 10:02 am

Back to top Go down
RCjohn

PostSubject: Re: Close up pic of your winch mounted    Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:05 pm

jerrzr wrote:
Nocerisdave wrote:

Really? Do you ever have a need for a winch or is it just for looks? Or is it for those times you might think you will need one? Or maybe just have one just incase you might need it. 729242 LOL. 882779 882779 882779 882779

It's mostly to pull you out of mud. lol!

It can't be for looks because it's closed up in a box out of the weather. Razz

Actually it because I'm usually alone so it's just incase I get into something I didn't intend to... you know... in over my head so to speak. Since the likelyhood of actually needing it is rare I decided to set my rig up where I could keep the winch enclosed in the bed instead of mounted plus it's a cheap one so it isn't as likely to hold up in the mud and weather as well. Plus I can mount it in the front or back so it's flexible.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: Close up pic of your winch mounted    Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:07 am

jerrzr wrote:
Nocerisdave wrote:

I would rather have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. 3859
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close up pic of your winch mounted    Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:02 pm

AIRBORNE wrote:
jerrzr wrote:
Nocerisdave wrote:

I would rather have it and not need it, than to need it and not have it. 3859

971386 971386
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Close up pic of your winch mounted    Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:37 pm

Why do you think I said "just kidding"? I couldn't live without my winch but I have seen a bunch of people who have high dollar winches and have never used them....they wont even put themselves in a situation to have a need for one ...you know, the kind of guys that tape paper on the sides of their rides to keep from getting it dirty for when they 4wheel 729242 I saw a crew of hummers do that one year stroke

For all of you that have a winch for peace of mind, and never really use it, just make sure you work it some or the contacts will corrode up and when you really need it, it wont work for you...You dont know how many times I've seen that happen to people out on the trail. They always say "it worked the last time I used it" which usually turns out to be a long time...

I always carry a come-a-long and long ratchet straps in case my winch fails---thats all you really need to get you out of a tough spot. Or you could always make sure badride is on all of your rides because if you find yourself in another kind of tuff spot, I swear his cooler is like Santa's bag---it never runs dry cheers

Back to top Go down
RCjohn

PostSubject: Re: Close up pic of your winch mounted    Tue Sep 27, 2011 9:18 am

I know I won't pull mine out all that often so that's why I set mine up to be removed and kept enclosed. I take it fairly easy when I'm by myself though I've gotten into a couple of spots at Windrock that had me thinking, "oh shit, it's a long walk out of here" before I set up the winch. And I bought a cheap one. Not giving $500+ for a Warn.

I don't mind getting into some crazier stuff if I'm with other riders. That March ride chasing, Stacy, Jerry, Bush, etc through Windrock was a blast. We did crap I didn't know the RZR would do and at a pretty good pace. Can't believe we didn't break anything. It was good training for me since I'm fairly new at the off road thing. I can hold my on at 170mph on a sportbike on the track(before I got fat again LOL) but the RZR in the mountains is a learning experience... damn fun one. Though I don't think I've ever held anyone up on the RZR. cheers

Crazy is okay when there are witnesses but it's not really smart when alone. 513317
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Close up pic of your winch mounted    Today at 11:44 pm

Back to top Go down

Close up pic of your winch mounted
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1