Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday   Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday EmptyWed May 25, 2011 10:29 pm

Well , the buggy is all ready for the Big ride.
it has been a Hell of a last few days. Monday i started doing the final clean
on the RZR to get ready for the ride. just greasing and checking stuff over.
And then everything went to Shit.... madz
First off the rear upper and lower right side bushings were wore slap out.
So i took it all apart and fixed that. then i notest the brakes were locking up.
thought it was a wheel bearing , that was not it. so then i thought the slides on the calipers
were froze took all 4 wheels apart and greased that. that was not it. the dame master cylinder
was sticking not releasing the brakes. no one in the damn country had one til after the ride.
I thought i was screwed. So i just decided to take the damn thing apart and rebuild it.
So i did that , it must of got water in it. it looked shitty , so i honed it a little and put it back together.
and now it works fine. bleeding it all was a pain in the ass. but its done.
So then i find the lower A-frame bushing in the front both sides were bad..... Damn.... Rolling Eyes
So i replaced all that today. and then had to replace both tie rod ends on both side.
Now everthing is back like new again. So he is all ready to go. 431114
What a hell of a Birthday. spent it working on the RZR. Rolling Eyes

But he is all fixed up and ready for this weekend..... 971386
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday   Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday EmptyThu May 26, 2011 6:29 am

How did all that shit go bad sitting in the garage???????????? 729242
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday   Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday EmptyThu May 26, 2011 6:40 am

badride wrote:
How did all that shit go bad sitting in the garage???????????? 729242

That last ride we went on was a mud bath. and Mud is the death of these
machines..... yes1
Back to top Go down
yellow660

PostSubject: Re: Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday   Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:39 am

What kind of bushings did you go back with? I recently discovered my front ones are loose and can't decide if I should get stock or use aftermarket. scratch
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday   Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday EmptyThu May 26, 2011 7:49 am

And I thought I was the only one that waited to the last minute to get ready to go. Now I see that you are human too............. What a relief!!!!!!!!!!

Gunny called and said you needed a master cylinder but I didn't have one and didn't know of one any where or I would have let you know.

I still have to put the left rear fender back on. I tore it off on the guided ride at Windrock on April 15th. That is what I get for driving and not drinking. 866808 I am not used to it.

I am still doing a pre-run tomorrow to make sure there are no trees down and try to cut some of the briars that stick out really bad in a few places. I will also sit out some gas in a couple of places. And, I will probably groom the trails really nice and smooth so Jerry will feel at home. 729242 729242 729242
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday   Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday EmptyThu May 26, 2011 10:42 am

Yea, he really wanted to pull a BigR and catmostfeared and bail but i figured out how to motavate him to fix it... I told him if he didnt go then he couldnt make me stop on the way and eat Long John Silvers, he had that bitch fixed overnight 729242
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday   Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday EmptyThu May 26, 2011 11:24 am

GunRunner wrote:
Yea, he really wanted to pull a BigR and catmostfeared and bail but i figured out how to motavate him to fix it... I told him if he didnt go then he couldnt make me stop on the way and eat Long John Silvers, he had that bitch fixed overnight 729242

I am begining to think he would do about anything for Long John Silvers!!!!!!!!! 971386
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday   Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday EmptyThu May 26, 2011 5:33 pm

I normally do not wait til the last min
to get ready. my stuff is cleaned and ready soon as i get home from a ride.
but i just had other things going on lately.
it is my fault for waiting til the last min. but its all done now.... 431114
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday   Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday EmptyThu May 26, 2011 5:34 pm

yellow660 wrote:
What kind of bushings did you go back with? I recently discovered my front ones are loose and can't decide if I should get stock or use aftermarket. scratch

Yellow , i just went back to stock cause they were available
and i was running out of time..... 431114
Back to top Go down
Big-R

Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday   Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday EmptyFri May 27, 2011 11:33 pm

GunRunner wrote:

scratch I never said I was coming. I just said I would like to do this ride.

And Chris, you did not spend all day working on your machine. You spent about an hour of it talking with your buddy on the phone...... Wink
Back to top Go down
http://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday   Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday EmptyMon May 30, 2011 11:21 am

Big-R wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

scratch I never said I was coming. I just said I would like to do this ride.

And Chris, you did not spend all day working on your machine. You spent about an hour of it talking with your buddy on the phone...... Wink

well we missed you anyway Ronnie, you need to ride with us more often or you will soon just be like pate,marty and fox, 729242 all talking and no doing 971386 lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday   Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday Empty

Back to top Go down

Buggy is ready , Hell of a way to spend a Birthday
Page 1 of 1