Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine
 
HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Share | 
 

 RZR Disappointment

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
RZR-S X 2

avatar

Posts : 109
Join date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: RZR Disappointment   Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:31 pm

I bought a new 2011 RZR S 9 months ago. We have been out a few times and I have put about 700 miles on it. Now I like my buggy but Im so disappointed in the quality of Polaris and the S. I think most have seen the post about the melting vent lines, well mine not only melted the vent lines but also melted the bed, tool box, and and a hole the size of a coke can in the cover behind the passenger seat. ( I dont know how it did not catch on fire with all the melted plastic) Now because I was out of warrenty by 3 weeks when this happended Polaris covered the parts and I had to pay for labor. The dealer put it back the way is was and the lines melted again on the next ride. So I took the bed off run new lines around the bottom of the motor ( away from the header pipe ) and installed a heat shield over the bed. now at the 9 month mark the bushings on the right lower arm are shot. so now im out another $200 for new bushings ( im going to replace all of them with after market ones now ) When we ride we go to mostly dirt parks and ride 20 to 30 miles at a time, the longest ride I have done is 120 miles in one day. I dont race, jump, or go in deep mud holes, just general trail riding and I clean it top to bottom after every ride.

I think it is sad that I spent $14,000 on a RZR S and it is falling apart in less then a year

Thanks for letting me vent now its off to the shop to start the tear down and repair process.
Back to top Go down
toradi2

avatar

Posts : 200
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 59
Location : Lacey's Spring, AL

PostSubject: Re: RZR Disappointment   Tue Jul 05, 2011 10:03 pm

I got me a 5 yr warranty last tuesday . Yes they should last a lot longer, the panel behind the seats melted on passenger side , wife was telling me how hot it was and when I took out her set i see why now. Any who I agree with ya. See ya on the trails 85565
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2010-03-10
Age : 51
Location : Marietta GA

PostSubject: Re: RZR Disappointment   Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:35 am


I hate to hear about all problems you been having. Sad
I am glad i have an 09 , I understand all the heat and melting problems ,
are with the 11 models. I have replaced my right side bushings once.
but never had any melting problems.
I am sure polaris will get it worked out on future models.... 431114

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
avatar

Posts : 5208
Join date : 2010-03-09
Age : 63
Location : North Georgia

PostSubject: Re: RZR Disappointment   Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:58 am

I tried to tell everyone about the melting, i was one of the first to find it since i got mine last july, it took me all of 10 minutes to fix the issue by running the tubes thru a piece of 3/4'' heater hose and put a small piece of flat aluminum behind the passenger side of the motor cover. If you have a 11 best do the mod before it gets out of hand. Heres how i see it, every sxs on the market is built too flimsy and out of sub prime materials, if every company would step up and build them to automobile grade then we would have way less issues, you would pay more but imo it would be worth it in the long run.

_________________
GunRunner, some call me Gunny
2011 RZR-S, Ole Black Betty , Racer-Tech Lift, swaybar delete, S rear Bars
warn 3000xt,makinTrax springs,Hid's Uni-steer PS.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
aweisgarber



Posts : 312
Join date : 2010-09-27
Age : 52
Location : Clinton,TN

PostSubject: Re: RZR Disappointment   Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:23 pm

RZR-S X 2 wrote:
I bought a new 2011 RZR S 9 months ago. We have been out a few times and I have put about 700 miles on it. Now I like my buggy but Im so disappointed in the quality of Polaris and the S. I think most have seen the post about the melting vent lines, well mine not only melted the vent lines but also melted the bed, tool box, and and a hole the size of a coke can in the cover behind the passenger seat. ( I dont know how it did not catch on fire with all the melted plastic) Now because I was out of warrenty by 3 weeks when this happended Polaris covered the parts and I had to pay for labor. The dealer put it back the way is was and the lines melted again on the next ride. So I took the bed off run new lines around the bottom of the motor ( away from the header pipe ) and installed a heat shield over the bed. now at the 9 month mark the bushings on the right lower arm are shot. so now im out another $200 for new bushings ( im going to replace all of them with after market ones now ) When we ride we go to mostly dirt parks and ride 20 to 30 miles at a time, the longest ride I have done is 120 miles in one day. I dont race, jump, or go in deep mud holes, just general trail riding and I clean it top to bottom after every ride.

I think it is sad that I spent $14,000 on a RZR S and it is falling apart in less then a year

Thanks for letting me vent now its off to the shop to start the tear down and repair process.
They don't call them a Pull-aris for no reason. lol!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
avatar

Posts : 5208
Join date : 2010-03-09
Age : 63
Location : North Georgia

PostSubject: Re: RZR Disappointment   Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:23 pm

Rather have one than any version of a rhino, even a megabuck frankenstiened one 729242

_________________
GunRunner, some call me Gunny
2011 RZR-S, Ole Black Betty , Racer-Tech Lift, swaybar delete, S rear Bars
warn 3000xt,makinTrax springs,Hid's Uni-steer PS.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sonny o_1

avatar

Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: RZR Disappointment   Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:26 pm

My Name is Sonny im from memphis tennessee~~!~!Just Bought my 2010 polaris Ranger RZR~!last month~!im pleased with mine ~!~!Then again I baby mine and yes i have put it thru some moderate trail riding~!I hope mine doesnt have the meltdown issue i was just reading about~!~!im gonna look tomorrow~!The only issue i have noticed with my friends is that if u install bigger tires and not change axles/bushings to aftermarket parts,the bearingss andd axles will start acting up and grinding due to the extra weight~!anyways~!i do most of my riding up at sugar creek~!just north of memphis tennessee(Tipton,county) 30 miles~!yes its an awsome place to ride with creeks/trails water/mud~!and whatever you want~!~!lottsa sun to ride and tan in @ shade to cool down in!!~!if ur ever in the area~!join us every weekend for a weekend of riding,Bring ur own coolers/drinks and food! NO GLASS PLEASE~!$10 a day donation~!~!you wont be dissappointed in ur ride and southern hospitality!! 4X4'S WELCOME TO JOIN THE FUN!~!~!I ride a green ranger rzr~!look me up~!!for more info please call mr Austin Tate/landowner for more details~!901-835-3691~!~!SEE YALL ON THE TRAILS!! Tell them Sonny Sent Ya!!!
Back to top Go down
Nocerisdave

avatar

Posts : 503
Join date : 2010-03-10
Age : 51
Location : Lacey's Spring AL

PostSubject: Re: RZR Disappointment   Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:27 pm

Just under 3000 miles on mine. Wouldnt trade it for three of any of the other brands.
Back to top Go down
toradi2

avatar

Posts : 200
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 59
Location : Lacey's Spring, AL

PostSubject: Re: RZR Disappointment   Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:55 pm

Here's the panel behind the seats on XP
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

and behind the panel
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
I wonder how hot the oil filter gets
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2010-03-10
Age : 51
Location : Marietta GA

PostSubject: Re: RZR Disappointment   Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:57 pm

Nocerisdave wrote:
Just under 3000 miles on mine. Wouldnt trade it for three of any of the other brands.

I am with you Dave... 431114
I would not have anything other than what i have.... cheers

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2010-03-10
Age : 51
Location : Marietta GA

PostSubject: Re: RZR Disappointment   Wed Jul 06, 2011 9:58 pm

sonny o_1 wrote:
My Name is Sonny im from memphis tennessee~~!~!Just Bought my 2010 polaris Ranger RZR~!last month~!im pleased with mine ~!~!Then again I baby mine and yes i have put it thru some moderate trail riding~!I hope mine doesnt have the meltdown issue i was just reading about~!~!im gonna look tomorrow~!The only issue i have noticed with my friends is that if u install bigger tires and not change axles/bushings to aftermarket parts,the bearingss andd axles will start acting up and grinding due to the extra weight~!anyways~!i do most of my riding up at sugar creek~!just north of memphis tennessee(Tipton,county) 30 miles~!yes its an awsome place to ride with creeks/trails water/mud~!and whatever you want~!~!lottsa sun to ride and tan in @ shade to cool down in!!~!if ur ever in the area~!join us every weekend for a weekend of riding,Bring ur own coolers/drinks and food! NO GLASS PLEASE~!$10 a day donation~!~!you wont be dissappointed in ur ride and southern hospitality!! 4X4'S WELCOME TO JOIN THE FUN!~!~!I ride a green ranger rzr~!look me up~!!for more info please call mr Austin Tate/landowner for more details~!901-835-3691~!~!SEE YALL ON THE TRAILS!! Tell them Sonny Sent Ya!!!

Welcome to the forum sonny o_1........ 23521

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2010-03-10
Age : 51
Location : Marietta GA

PostSubject: Re: RZR Disappointment   Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:01 pm

toradi2 wrote:
Here's the panel behind the seats on XP
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]

and behind the panel
[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
I wonder how hot the oil filter gets

the filter is most likely ok.
Chevrolet filter is right next to the exhaust manifold ,
and has been for over 50 years and it seems to be ok.... 431114

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
rzr340

avatar

Posts : 300
Join date : 2011-01-01
Age : 46
Location : harriman tn

PostSubject: Re: RZR Disappointment   Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:06 pm

My 2011 model melted the plastic behind the passenger seat. I caught it before it got bad. I fabbed a heat shield between the exhaust header and the plastic. Works fine now. i have noticed the bed does get really hot, but not melted after 1500 miles.
Back to top Go down
rzrrider1

avatar

Posts : 469
Join date : 2011-04-26
Age : 45
Location : Brighton,tn.

PostSubject: Re: RZR Disappointment   Wed Jul 06, 2011 10:50 pm

Hey sonny , I guess you are the guy that I met at sugar creek last weekend. I am glad that you joined the website you will meet a lot of great guys on here. 23521 395826
Back to top Go down
sonny o_1

avatar

Posts : 2
Join date : 2011-07-06

PostSubject: Re: RZR Disappointment   Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:59 pm

heyyy ty buddy~!good to have met you as well~hopes to see everyone this weekend!! godbless!!
Back to top Go down
toradi2

avatar

Posts : 200
Join date : 2011-04-11
Age : 59
Location : Lacey's Spring, AL

PostSubject: Re: RZR Disappointment   Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:48 am

rzr340 wrote:
My 2011 model melted the plastic behind the passenger seat. I caught it before it got bad. I fabbed a heat shield between the exhaust header and the plastic. Works fine now. i have noticed the bed does get really hot, but not melted after 1500 miles.
Yea the bed gets hot on my 2, have to be careful on what I put back there. Working on a rack to keep things off it. 431114
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
avatar

Posts : 5208
Join date : 2010-03-09
Age : 63
Location : North Georgia

PostSubject: Re: RZR Disappointment   Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:20 am

What i cant figure out is Polaris tested the shit out of the 11 s and xp in the desert why didnt they figure out the melting issue? My only answer is those units were properly tuned ,then when they set the ecm program to be EPA compliant the extra heat from being leaned out showed up.

_________________
GunRunner, some call me Gunny
2011 RZR-S, Ole Black Betty , Racer-Tech Lift, swaybar delete, S rear Bars
warn 3000xt,makinTrax springs,Hid's Uni-steer PS.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
RZR-S X 2

avatar

Posts : 109
Join date : 2010-09-08

PostSubject: Re: RZR Disappointment   Thu Jul 07, 2011 7:03 pm

After I got my 11 I saw the post Gunny made about the vent lines and his heat shield. I checked and mine were ok. So I thought I would just keep an eye on it. I went on a few rides every thing was good at the 6 month mark it was time for a service ( with the plan I bought 962651 ) So we went out for 1 last good ride before I dropped it off, Well I came home went to pull the tool box to wash it and it was stuck melted to the bed, vent line melted shut ( you could hear the pressure come out of the rear when I cut it) and the hole melted behind the seat. It all happened in 1 ride. The dealer checked and told me the motor never run hot, and it operated at normal temps.

Sorry guys I know it is an off road toy and I know any SXS will have issues, But when you only get to take it out one weekend a month for a 30 to 40 mile ride keep it clean and greased do what the dealer recommended and in 9 months had to replace the bed, tool box, vent lines 2 times, plastic behind the seat, A arm bushings, and a head light it sucks.

Again just disappointed and venting I will get it back together soon the parts are on the way and I hope to make the next ride 431114
Back to top Go down
rzr340

avatar

Posts : 300
Join date : 2011-01-01
Age : 46
Location : harriman tn

PostSubject: Re: RZR Disappointment   Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:24 pm

toradi2 wrote:
rzr340 wrote:
My 2011 model melted the plastic behind the passenger seat. I caught it before it got bad. I fabbed a heat shield between the exhaust header and the plastic. Works fine now. i have noticed the bed does get really hot, but not melted after 1500 miles.
Yea the bed gets hot on my 2, have to be careful on what I put back there. Working on a rack to keep things off it. 431114
I went to lowes and bought a roll of that plastic bubble insulation stuff that they sell in the insulation dept. lay a piece of it between my coolers and the bed. It works really well.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
avatar

Posts : 6736
Join date : 2010-03-10
Age : 51
Location : Marietta GA

PostSubject: Re: RZR Disappointment   Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:20 pm

GunRunner wrote:
What i cant figure out is Polaris tested the shit out of the 11 s and xp in the desert why didnt they figure out the melting issue? My only answer is those units were properly tuned ,then when they set the ecm program to be EPA compliant the extra heat from being leaned out showed up.

That is exactly what happened , when you lean out the mixture
a motor will run hotter , and make more heat... yes1

_________________
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: RZR Disappointment   

Back to top Go down
 
RZR Disappointment
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Chasing Ghosts
» Hollingsworth considers social media ban for Aussie athletes
» RZR Disappointment
» RZR Disappointment
» Is James Buster Douglas the heavyweight champion boxing biggest disappointment ?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Southern RZR Riders :: Discussion :: General RZR Discussion-
Jump to: