Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Whats up

Go down 
+4
S
Stealth
GunRunner
ChrisC
8 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

Whats up Empty
PostSubject: Whats up   Whats up EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 12:50 am

Hey fella's Whats going on.... cheers

Chris.... Razz
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

Whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up   Whats up EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 11:00 am

Raining like hell here today Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

Whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up   Whats up EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 5:21 pm

Yes its raining like Shit here too..... Sad
Back to top Go down
Stealth

Stealth

Whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up   Whats up EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:42 pm

Warm and over cast in Va,
Back to top Go down
S

S

Whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up   Whats up EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 6:48 pm

Was sunny and about 70 here today.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

Whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up   Whats up EmptyWed Mar 10, 2010 10:39 pm

its about 55 degrees here at 10:30 pm. But its still Fucking Raining.
I am sick of rain and cold..... lol!
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

Whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up   Whats up EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:41 am

I spent most of Friday (till 3am) and most of Saturday finishing the install on the Aerocharger for the RZR S. I actually got to drive it at 3am but it had a bad miss and I was't sure what it was. Saturday morning I started again. It would run pretty good if I eased into the throttle up to around 6000 then it started missing. If I really stood on it, even from a 20mph rolling start it would start missing right then. I started with the total weight that Aerocharger said it needed. Ended up having to add a LOT of weight to the STM clutch. After about 6 trials and errors I finally got enough weight on the arms to make it right. I realized that the stock tach is junk! I have ordered an analog tach from Exhaust Gas Tech. It is 4" with a big red hand that us old people can read. Plus, it has a lot of features like recall back to like 10 min or so. I think I can get the clutching a lot closer if I can see what the motor RPM actually is in real time. I put power steering on it and I am pretty sure that was a good thing. When you mash the peddal down on this thing now, it hauls it!!!!!!!!!!!! One down and one to go. I have less than two weeks to get the Weber RZR ready for the Big Mike ride at Brimstone and I have a lot of work to do.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

Whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up   Whats up EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:50 am

Great news! Glad youre here, keep us posted on youre progress 431114
Back to top Go down
badride

Whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up   Whats up EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:57 am

So where can I get some of the stickers (and a shirt or two) like is in your avatar to go on my Razors? I would like to get them before the big ride next weekend.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

Whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up   Whats up EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 12:05 pm

Im on it roger, the logo is being decided if if its what we are going to use, i might even be able to score some shirts too by then. whats your size?
Back to top Go down
badride

Whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up   Whats up EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 1:19 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Im on it roger, the logo is being decided if if its what we are going to use, i might even be able to score some shirts too by then. whats your size?

1 Large, and 1 medium. I need another one for Pussnboots since she will be driving the other RZR. I will get her to register from her home computer.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

Whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up   Whats up EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 1:27 pm

Yea, chris and i are working on trying to get a few done before this ride if we can.
Back to top Go down
Nocerisdave

Nocerisdave

Whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up   Whats up EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:59 pm

badride wrote:
I spent most of Friday (till 3am) and most of Saturday finishing the install on the Aerocharger for the RZR S. I actually got to drive it at 3am but it had a bad miss and I was't sure what it was. Saturday morning I started again. It would run pretty good if I eased into the throttle up to around 6000 then it started missing. If I really stood on it, even from a 20mph rolling start it would start missing right then. I started with the total weight that Aerocharger said it needed. Ended up having to add a LOT of weight to the STM clutch. After about 6 trials and errors I finally got enough weight on the arms to make it right. I realized that the stock tach is junk! I have ordered an analog tach from Exhaust Gas Tech. It is 4" with a big red hand that us old people can read. Plus, it has a lot of features like recall back to like 10 min or so. I think I can get the clutching a lot closer if I can see what the motor RPM actually is in real time. I put power steering on it and I am pretty sure that was a good thing. When you mash the peddal down on this thing now, it hauls it!!!!!!!!!!!! One down and one to go. I have less than two weeks to get the Weber RZR ready for the Big Mike ride at Brimstone and I have a lot of work to do.

Hey Badride I thought the Weber was ready to ride. What are you adding/changing? Is it the clutch cover only? Just curious.
Back to top Go down
badride

Whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up   Whats up EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 8:20 am

Nocerisdave wrote:
badride wrote:

Hey Badride I thought the Weber was ready to ride. What are you adding/changing? Is it the clutch cover only? Just curious.

The Weber Razor runs but I still haven't got a cover for the "Dale's "clutch it has in it so I can't really take it on the trails. I was told I would have it buy the time I got the car which was over a month ago. madz So, it looks like I have that clutch sold right now, we will see, I don't have the money in my hands yet. When I get the money I plan to buy another STM clutch like the one I put in the silver RSR. It will fit under a stock cover. If I have time before Saturday I may end up putting the stock clutch out of my other RZR in the Weber. I have already put the clutch kit in it that came with the Aerocharger turbo so it may at least be in the ball park enough to drive it in the Weber. The only other thing I have to do to it before taking it out on the trails is to mount the Pit Bull Rocker tires on the new beadlocks. The car came with Rokstar beadlocks, but I haven't measured them yet, they may be too much offset for me. Plus, it has 25" Dirt Devils which are way too short for my tastes. That is pretty much what I HAVE to do before next week so I can be ready for the ride with Big Mike. After next weekend it is down to the frame for all the weld in gussets, braces, 2" lift, Summers Axles, LED light bar, ViPEC ECU, billet sprauge for the front diff, heavy duty rear diff cover, doors and a new roll cage. Plus, the motor comes out for an updated cooler rail and to weld some brackets on the intake manifold to prevent breakage. Hopefully I can get all this done before the Spring Jam April 22-24 at Windrock. And to complicate matters even more, I have to put a 912cc big bore kit in my Renegade before then also. I can forsee lots of Red Bull in my future! Know any where I can get myself cloned?
Back to top Go down
Big Ed

Big Ed

Whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up   Whats up EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 9:26 am

sounds like you will be busy. I see you're updgrading driveline parts to withstand the Weber. What is the weak link that you expect to still break or cause an issue? You're running stronger clutch, axles, diff cases, etc. Can the belt and diff internals stand the power the Weber will put out? Has anyone else run the Webers on the east coast in this type of terrain? Sorry for so many ?s, just curious about this whole set-up.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
Member #01
Clayboy

Whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up   Whats up EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 11:41 am

Man Badride,,, you got a bunch to do!!!! Firts thing you really need to do is get some new batteries for your camera! We would love to see this stuff as a "work in progress" thread! 940959
Back to top Go down
badride

Whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up   Whats up EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 12:27 pm

Big Ed wrote:
sounds like you will be busy. I see you're updgrading driveline parts to withstand the Weber. What is the weak link that you expect to still break or cause an issue? You're running stronger clutch, axles, diff cases, etc. Can the belt and diff internals stand the power the Weber will put out? Has anyone else run the Webers on the east coast in this type of terrain? Sorry for so many ?s, just curious about this whole set-up.

I am not sure what will be the weak link now. I believe in preventive engineering. Build it as tough as you can to prevent problems you think could happen down the road. I hope I do enough but you never know for sure. I am so used to riding my 4 wheeler and the RZR S is much wider and I can’t see that right front wheel that I decided to put a heavy duty steering rack in the Weber car. I wasn’t impressed with the tie rods although they looked better than the stock ones. I had Racer Tech build me a custom set because their standard ones has a 5/8’ on one end and ½” on the other. These will have 5/8” on both ends. And for this car I bought the Racer Tech stock RZR S length
A-arms. They are guaranteed for life against bending or breaking. I really can’t say enough good things about those guys. I originally bought these arms for my Aerocharger car. Before I even got them installed I bought the Weber car. I knew I was going to need them on it. The problem is that to put a Weber in a RZR you have to modify the right rear arm. I got Chad at Wasteland, who built the car, to call Racer Tech and give them the specs to make the arm. I asked if I could trade the right rear in on the custom one he said they would work with me to do what ever I needed. I decided just to keep the arm because they said that if sometime down the road if I wanted another set for the other car I would only have to buy 3.
Back to top Go down
badride

Whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up   Whats up EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 12:29 pm

Clayboy wrote:
Man Badride,,, you got a bunch to do!!!! Firts thing you really need to do is get some new batteries for your camera! We would love to see this stuff as a "work in progress" thread! 940959

I have a few that I took when I started the Aerocharger car. I guess I need to start a thread here at least for the Weber mods. I have to put the billet sprague in and my batteries were dead when I put one in the Aero car. I will try to do better this time.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

Whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up   Whats up EmptyWed Mar 17, 2010 4:29 pm

Ya Roger , whe would love to see some pictures..... cheers

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Whats up Empty
PostSubject: Re: Whats up   Whats up Empty

Back to top Go down