Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Tips for RZR owners

Go down 
+3
ChrisC
Clayboy
GunRunner
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

Tips for RZR owners Empty
PostSubject: Tips for RZR owners   Tips for RZR owners EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 2:25 pm

Since owning two RZR's over the past two years ive learned some things and found some good tips I thought i would pass on.
]1 Never spray water directly above the motor when washing! The cvt exhaust port is there can easily get water in it which will drain down and cause the belt to be wet and not let you move till it dries out. Oh and there is no drain on the belt housing.
2] For best dust protection, order a outerware cover for your air filter. 12.00 from Outerware.
3] You need a parking brake! Never stop on a hill or incline and put in park, you may not be able to get it back in gear. you can get the good parking brake kit or use the metal pole one posted in this section, but you will need one!
4] Put a good marine grease around the airbox lid, it helps keep water and dirt out.
5] Find your front vent line for the diff and re-route it to the highest point it will go and drill a hole in the plastic firewall and run it inside, if you hit a lot of water this way it will keep it all out.
6] you will want to add a block off kit, there is a 4'' gap between the body and the firewall and if you hit water or mud it will be in your lap without one. A polaris kit is 49.00 that seals this area as well as each front fender well.
7] Be sure your hood fits and snaps in tight in front or you may be without it after a trip down the interstate.
8] You will have two annoying rattles, one is the grab handle, take a hammer and a piece of wood and smack it together a little with the handle out then it will be a snug fit.
The next one will be the stainless steel plate under the bed, remove bed and put high temp silicon on the frame rail where it sits to stop it.
9] If your speedometer starts flashing a wrench icon don't worry, its a resettable service reminder.
10] If you plan or dont on going thru water or mud its best to put dielectric grease on all the connectors down low and dont forget the ecu behind the seat.
11] When filling the tank, when the pump cuts off it is not full, it will hold another nearly 2 gallons by adding it a little at a time and rocking the roll bar.
If i think of anything else i will add it later, or give us what tips you have learned to add to the list!
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
Member #01
Clayboy

PostSubject: Re: Tips for RZR owners   Tips for RZR owners EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 3:14 pm

Tip #12 Never Ever hang out on forum full of Rhino and Terex owners,,,,They will kick your ass out! 729242 729242 729242
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Tips for RZR owners   Tips for RZR owners EmptyTue Mar 23, 2010 5:15 pm

Clayboy wrote:
Tip #12 Never Ever hang out on forum full of Rhino and Terex owners,,,,They will kick your ass out! 729242 729242 729242

Thay will Say Happy Birthday Po Po Sux....... 729242 729242 729242
Back to top Go down
yellow660

PostSubject: Re: Tips for RZR owners   Tips for RZR owners EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 11:02 am

Great Tips Gunny!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Tips for RZR owners   Tips for RZR owners EmptyFri Apr 30, 2010 5:09 pm

yellow660 wrote:
Great Tips Gunny!

Yellow , you just need a new S and we need pictures of it.... cheers
Back to top Go down
teddy

teddy

PostSubject: Re: Tips for RZR owners   Tips for RZR owners EmptySat May 01, 2010 2:44 pm

729242 113872
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Tips for RZR owners   Tips for RZR owners EmptyMon May 24, 2010 6:14 pm

Gunny's # 1 tip is correct..

But if you are like me and just cannot stop yourself from spraying water over,under,and around the engine you can use drop cloth plastic to stuff in the clutch exhaust, this will keep the water out----- DO NOT FORGET TO REMOVE IT BEFORE STARTING ENGINE--This would not be good...
Back to top Go down
yellow660

PostSubject: Re: Tips for RZR owners   Tips for RZR owners EmptyTue May 25, 2010 6:59 am

ChrisC wrote:
yellow660 wrote:
Great Tips Gunny!

I'm working on it lol! . Hopefully the mid of June I will have one. Only thing that will stop me is if the dealer doesn't have one.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Tips for RZR owners   Tips for RZR owners EmptyTue May 25, 2010 11:17 pm

yellow660 wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
yellow660 wrote:
Great Tips Gunny!

I'm working on it lol! . Hopefully the mid of June I will have one. Only thing that will stop me is if the dealer doesn't have one.

And we want 940959 the day you get it....... cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Tips for RZR owners    Tips for RZR owners EmptyTue Jun 22, 2010 9:19 pm

Thought I would add one more tip to Gunnys list---Carry some extra valve stems,and a tool or some way to install them..I had a friend who tore one out on his machine while out riding,he had some extra at the time and suggested I carry some with me..

If you decide carry extra valve stems,carry the short ones...
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Tips for RZR owners   Tips for RZR owners EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 11:27 am

I carry them 431114
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Tips for RZR owners   Tips for RZR owners EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 5:10 pm

GunRunner wrote:
I carry them 431114

Gunny has them , So i am ok........ 971386
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: tips for rzr owners   Tips for RZR owners EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 9:34 pm

Chris wrote:Gunny has them , So i am ok........ :

When you have rode with a person or persons for a period of time, each one learns what the other carries on their machine,making necessary changes to be sure and have what he/she dosen't carry and also making it so one person does not have to carry an overload of equipment to be on the safe side...

Myself I carry:Air compressor---Tow rope with hooks attached--Tire plugging kit---valve stems--tool kits-First aid kit--can of starting fluid,to blow tires back on the bead,or dry water from unwanted places---tow shackel--rain coat & pants---Skeeter spray in summer--and other assorted necesseries..Oh yeah GPS so I can find my way back home or my ass if I lose it...
Back to top Go down
bush

bush

PostSubject: Re: Tips for RZR owners   Tips for RZR owners EmptyWed Jun 23, 2010 10:11 pm

GunRunner wrote:
I carry them 431114

but it will be hard to put in.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Tips for RZR owners   Tips for RZR owners EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 12:22 am

I carry cooler with water cause its hot as hell.... 971386

2,5 extra gas
to cameras

in tool bag

air compressor
full socket set
cloths and paper towels
screw drivers
pliers
wire cutters
knife
scissors
bailing wire
duck tape
electrical tape
grease
wd 40
pull bar for wheel removal
2 flash lights
rain suit
goggles
tire plugs
tire plug tools
extra RZR -S belt
tire gauge
spanner wrench

2 packs of jack links beef jerky for snack..... 971386

and no valve stems cause gunny and bush have them already.....
lol!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Tips for RZR owners   Tips for RZR owners EmptyThu Jun 24, 2010 10:26 am

I have valve stems and the tool to put them in, bush is right, they might be a bitch cause the bead needs to be broken to get one in, but with some lube they might be able to be forced in from the outside in a have to situation.

I carry about everything the others do myself, 431114
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tips for RZR owners   Tips for RZR owners EmptyFri Jun 25, 2010 9:02 pm

GunRunner wrote:
I have valve stems and the tool to put them in, bush is right, they might be a bitch cause the bead needs to be broken to get one in, but with some lube they might be able to be forced in from the outside in a have to situation.

I carry about everything the others do myself, 431114

They can be installed from the outside. Like Gunny said, a little lube,spit,oil off the dip-stick and a small screwdriver. Done it many times.
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

PostSubject: Re: Tips for RZR owners   Tips for RZR owners EmptyMon Aug 02, 2010 3:36 am

One thing I have learned is to remove the front inner CV every few months and smear it with heavy grease or anti-sieze. If you do this, then when it comes time to remove them you will have no issue. It took me over an hour to get my fronts out after a year of riding. Suckers rusted in place and the calapse ring would not calapse due to rust being under it.

I also keep a full set of lug nuts and studs. I have noticed when you take them off twice the threads start to go to hell. This caused me to break one right off when I was trying to change out the tire in the middle of BFE.
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tips for RZR owners   Tips for RZR owners Empty

Back to top Go down

Tips for RZR owners
Page 1 of 1