Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Dominator tires

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Dominator tires Empty
PostSubject: Dominator tires   Dominator tires EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 12:21 pm

Going to give these tires a chance and see what happens. Whos been running these tires and what is your thought on them?
Here is a pict of my front at 28.5". (But dont worry Chris, I 'm going to put a set of bighorns on 12" wheels for standby).
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

Dominator tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominator tires   Dominator tires EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 1:27 pm

they look nice..... 431114
But i am afraid there will be side wall plugs in your Future...... Razz

And why was you not at the ride..... Rolling Eyes

You are the only one i ever seen that will get Banned for lieing
about coming to the ride...... 729242

icon13
Back to top Go down
Hollon

Hollon

Dominator tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominator tires   Dominator tires EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 3:55 pm

I love my dominators not as puncture prone as ya might think. I have rode with them at 4 psi front 6 psi rear and also at 10psi front 12 psi rear and had no puncture problems either way. not saying it wont happen next ride but so far its a good tire for me. I run the 30s
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

Dominator tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominator tires   Dominator tires EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:32 pm

Hollon wrote:
I love my dominators not as puncture prone as ya might think. I have rode with them at 4 psi front 6 psi rear and also at 10psi front 12 psi rear and had no puncture problems either way. not saying it wont happen next ride but so far its a good tire for me. I run the 30s

Dang 30's are big even with an XP it seems like you would loose
some bottom end power...... 248474
Back to top Go down

Dominator tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominator tires   Dominator tires EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:01 pm

ChrisC wrote:

icon13
If you remember, I was waiting on my steering rack but gave up and was going to go on the ride with mine broke. I worked that friday night and when I got home from work (11:00pm)my new steering rack had came in (notice the beefed up tie-rod in the pict).I thought I could slap it on in about 30minutes but ran into a lot of issues (including the power going off) which ended up taking me all night. I got in bed around 5:30am. I didn't wake up untill 11am. Needless to say, I was pissed about it and really hated to miss the ride and meeting a few new folk. But one good thing is that my rzr is now in top shape and planning to ride on the 24th of this month with some good friends. Even got the wife to commit to this one. Anybody who wants to go are more than welcome to join us.
Back to top Go down
Hollon

Hollon

Dominator tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominator tires   Dominator tires EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 9:17 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Hollon wrote:

if it lost anything I cant tell it, it still spins them pretty hard when ya stand in it.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

Dominator tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominator tires   Dominator tires EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 10:50 pm

jerrzr wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

icon13
If you remember, I was waiting on my steering rack but gave up and was going to go on the ride with mine broke. I worked that friday night and when I got home from work (11:00pm)my new steering rack had came in (notice the beefed up tie-rod in the pict).I thought I could slap it on in about 30minutes but ran into a lot of issues (including the power going off) which ended up taking me all night. I got in bed around 5:30am. I didn't wake up untill 11am. Needless to say, I was pissed about it and really hated to miss the ride and meeting a few new folk. But one good thing is that my rzr is now in top shape and planning to ride on the 24th of this month with some good friends. Even got the wife to commit to this one. Anybody who wants to go are more than welcome to join us.

Well , i am glad you got it fixed..... 431114
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

Dominator tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominator tires   Dominator tires EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 10:52 pm

Hollon wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
Hollon wrote:

if it lost anything I cant tell it, it still spins them pretty hard when ya stand in it.

Thats not what i am worried about. its the axles there connected too.
I know it ant going to run out of power. it the rest of the drive train
i was concerned with..... cheers
Back to top Go down

Dominator tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominator tires   Dominator tires EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 11:49 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Hollon wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
Hollon wrote:

Not sure about the xp stock axles, but I'm pretty sure my rhino axles and joints will handle the 28.5" tires on the standard rzr. I could not tell any power difference at all when I switched from the 26.5 pitt bull rockers to the 28.5" dominators. So the power loss of the 28.5 dominators is the same as the 26.5 rockers and you've tried the rockers just to give you an idea of power loss on the S...but the dominators hook up ten times better.
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

Dominator tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominator tires   Dominator tires EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 2:49 am

I am also thinking about going with the 28.5 Dominators. I sure know I will never go back to Maxxis again. My old tires went through Brimstone with no issues at all. Hard to keep the new Maxxis's full of air just sitting in the driveway.Glad to hear other have had luck. I will have to reclutch mine, but I need to anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
rzr340

rzr340

Dominator tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominator tires   Dominator tires EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 3:36 pm

You'll like em. Just like a bighorn but bigger. I kept my 30s and they are back on it. The ground clearance is awesome. They do wear faster though.
Back to top Go down

Dominator tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominator tires   Dominator tires EmptySat Sep 17, 2011 11:33 pm

rzr340 wrote:
You'll like em. Just like a bighorn but bigger. I kept my 30s and they are back on it. The ground clearance is awesome. They do wear faster though.

Dont tell ChrisC so we will have an advantage over his superior driving skills.
These tires are "HE-MAN TIRES" compared to regular bighorn "man tire"icon13

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

Dominator tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominator tires   Dominator tires EmptySun Sep 18, 2011 1:19 am

jerrzr wrote:
rzr340 wrote:

Dont tell ChrisC so we will have an advantage over his superior driving skills.
These tires are "HE-MAN TIRES" compared to regular bighorn "man tire"icon13

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Jerry , they don't make a tire that will give you that advantage...... 729242

No Seriously , the advantage is. I just got to keep my shit from breaking
before yours does....... lol!
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

Dominator tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominator tires   Dominator tires EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 1:15 am

Got my 28.5's today. Look forward to getting them on and riding this weekend. Still have to go through the control arms and replace the HEIM spacers, install a clutch kit, and wire up my Trail Tech Voyager. We shall see if I ever have enough time to get it done.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

Dominator tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominator tires   Dominator tires EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 3:08 am

jerrzr wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
Hollon wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
Hollon wrote:

Not sure about the xp stock axles, but I'm pretty sure my rhino axles and joints will handle the 28.5" tires on the standard rzr. I could not tell any power difference at all when I switched from the 26.5 pitt bull rockers to the 28.5" dominators. So the power loss of the 28.5 dominators is the same as the 26.5 rockers and you've tried the rockers just to give you an idea of power loss on the S...but the dominators hook up ten times better.

Jerry , i think you proved your self wrong this weekend.. lol!
Those axles will not hold those tires...... Razz
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

Dominator tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominator tires   Dominator tires EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 6:25 am

At least this time it had nothing to do with the tires. We met some jeeps on 44 so we were trying to get out of the way. Jerry decided to back up a bank. He had the wheel cut when he hit the gas. The wheel turned quickly to the stop and he was still on the gas. It wouldn't have mattered what tire he had the CV broke because he was on the gas with the wheel cut all the way.

We did a rough measurement of these tires and they don't seem to be much difference in height than a 27" Bighorn. By the way, I don't think Jerry is very happy with the front tire width. He says it pushes too much in the curves. I heard him mention about going back to Bighorns on the front. Shocked

I have tried a lot of different tires between by 4 wheelers and side by sides. The only all purpose tires that have ever impressed me other than the Bighorns are Pit Bull Growlers. Granted, there are much better mud tires but I try to stay away from the mud holes. I only go through them if I have to.
Back to top Go down

Dominator tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominator tires   Dominator tires EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:29 am

Yep, the steering got away from me when backing up that bank. The wheels turned way to quick before I could let off the gas and it maxed out the cv and POW it broke. x20001 those jeeps! I lilke the dominator tire but like Roger said, when running fast and aggresive on the trails I had problems with the front pushing in the corners. 10" is just too wide on front for when it comes to handling at fast speeds --but they are great on the rocks. If I would have had 9" bighorns on front, I would have been on mkrazr butt as he was on badride on T 49. 572317

Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

Dominator tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominator tires   Dominator tires EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:40 am

You should of just Stuck with Bighorns anyway..... yes1
So can you get those tires you have in 9's for the front..... 431114
Back to top Go down

Dominator tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominator tires   Dominator tires EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 8:13 am

ChrisC wrote:

You should of just Stuck with Bighorns anyway..... yes1
So can you get those tires you have in 9's for the front..... 431114

They dont come in a 9". It bothered me to have to get 10" because I knew it would hamper the handling but I figured I would cut back a notch and ride more slow and technical stuff. Well I figured wrong; It looks like I will be riding with the fast and furious through the winter cheers

But then again, the 10" tires will give me a good excuse to why I caint keep up Laughing
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

Dominator tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominator tires   Dominator tires EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 2:51 am

Tested my Dominators this past weekend. So far I like them. The size changes gives me a better ride and I do not get stuck as much. Went through a bunch of mud and never needed the winch. I do agree that they will wear faster with me riding 10 miles or so on the road to get to good trails. For now I give them 8 out of 10.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dominator tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dominator tires   Dominator tires Empty

Back to top Go down

Dominator tires
Page 1 of 1