Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011

Go down 
+8
bush
Hollon
CMay
aweisgarber
badride
RCjohn
mason
ChrisC
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
CMay

CMay

Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 6:39 am

Remember Rule #1 Tread Lightly.

We did no donuts, dug no ruts and did not spin out. We simply drove the course as slow as we could. I had the wife with me and she was worried about messing something up so she constantly reminded me to be careful so you can rest assured nothing was torn up. The only employee we saw was working in the camping area on a Rhino or Ranger. We were there more or less exploring looking for a place to eat. The lady at the office said the only place was at the trail head. Any chance you guys could put a snack shack on that side of the park? You know I could make a killing selling BBQ over there during the event.

Seriously though next time close the gate. There were 20 something people with 4 whelers having Lunch at the camground over the hill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptySat Oct 01, 2011 8:36 pm

Thanks for being considerate. I went there this morning and the gate was left open all night. Not sure who forgot what. It happens sometimes. We don't mind people coming and looking. Even trying things out. We are just in the process of getting ready for the Jam so I am sure you can understand my concern. Thanks Again.
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 7:00 am

aweisgarber wrote:
badride wrote:
RCjohn wrote:
badride wrote:
RCjohn wrote:
Do you know what area the ECORS race will take place in November?

From what I was told it will use part of the WWO track which is located on top of the hill where the Windrock Park Campground is located. They will also make some more "new" trails to add to the existing course.

What is the WWO track? I saw the new challenge course. Is that the same place or is the roads up on the hill past the primative tent camping area?

Windrock Wide Open (WWO) is what they call the race they have during the events. Yes, you go up the hill kind of behind the restrooms through the primative camping area. There is a gate which stays closed just past the last camping spot. You can walk there but not drive.
Really? 679659 679659
Hey, at least I raced my 4 wheeler and would have raced my RZR but they said they didn't have a class for me to run in. I didn't see that Rhino out there???????????? lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 6:44 pm

badride wrote:
Hey, at least I raced my 4 wheeler and would have raced my RZR but they said they didn't have a class for me to run in. I didn't see that Rhino out there???????????? lol!

So Roger what you are trying to say here is You have No Class!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 03, 2011 8:12 pm

I updated some additional information about the Jam on the 1st post of this thread.
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 7:00 am

Rooster wrote:
badride wrote:

So Roger what you are trying to say here is You have No Class!

Well, Brent said I had a little, just enough to race my 4 wheeler but not enough to race my RZR 729242

Speaking of Brent, it looks like he didn't take my suggestion about the events. I told him I thought he should start the events on Friday and Saturday much later in the day to let people have a chance to go ride before coming back to race or watch.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 04, 2011 6:37 pm

badride wrote:

Speaking of Brent, it looks like he didn't take my suggestion about the events. I told him I thought he should start the events on Friday and Saturday much later in the day to let people have a chance to go ride before coming back to race or watch.

They have so many things they are trying to do, it is kinda of hard to fit it all. Saturday is a full plate starting at 9am. Poker was moved till Sunday to accomodate the additional activities. I understand what you are saying tho. I have no control on what they do Jam wise. I am just the Digger Man!
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 6:28 am

I guess it is just hard for me to understand why they can't understand that there are a lot of people that drive a long way just to come and most of them want to get some riding in while they are there, they don't come just for the events. Back in the "old days" I remember riding most of the day and still getting back in time to watch the mud bog and drag races. Heck, sometimes it was around midnight before the drags were over. 431114 With the format they have now everything is over before dark. madz
The last few years Phil and I have been the guides on the difficult ride on Friday. Everyone that goes with us, and there are allways quite a few, want to get some riding time in plus go to the events. But we tell them before we leave that we won't be back in time for any of the events and they have all said they would rather choose our ride then watch the events. Although I am not sure why, Phil is a horses a$$.............LOL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 7:43 pm

badride wrote:

The last few years Phil and I have been the guides on the difficult ride on Friday. Everyone that goes with us, and there are allways quite a few, want to get some riding time in plus go to the events. ..LOL

Good thing they only have one Event on Friday. The Rock Crawl. I have never thought about these comments before but will look into it and see what influence I can have.

On Saturday there is the WWO Race, The Obstacle Course, The Drag Races or Sled Pull, The Dash for Cash, Mud Bog and other activities that are going on. So it is a full day and with the minimal volunteer staff we have I am sure alot of workers would like to go home before midnight.

BTW, Friday night is the Haunted Ride. This is gonna be a good one. The lady's have put alot of effort into this ride. There will be a bonfire after words with Hot Dog Roast.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 8:15 pm

Starting the filling of the Mud Pit. 6000 gallons today. Big Truck coming Saturday.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptyWed Oct 05, 2011 9:53 pm

Looks Sweet........ cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 7:01 pm

Back to top Go down
Hollon

Hollon

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:05 pm

I have been 3 years in a row and have yet to see an event, we ride all day and when we get back its all over and done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptyThu Oct 13, 2011 9:31 pm

Hollon wrote:
I have been 3 years in a row and have yet to see an event, we ride all day and when we get back its all over and done.

The Mud Bog is not until 8pm. Your Permit let's you have access to the Event Area. Maybe you should stop by and have a look see this time.
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 6:33 am

Hollon wrote:

Exactly! But that isn't the way it used to be back in the day. That is what I have been trying to tell the people in charge now. They should go back to the way it used to be. Don't even start the events till after lunch and start the drag races about dark. Most people want to get a good ride in and THEN go to the events. (And they wonder why the attendance has been going down?????????????) Seems like every year they want to start the events EARLIER not later. For the last few years I have helped guide the difficult ride and we tell them up front that we WON'T be back in time for the events and EVERONE of them have said they would like to go to the events but they would rather go on the ride. Most of them have asked why they don't start the events later. I always tell them I will forward their complaints but nothing ever changes except they just go the other direction???????????????????? I guess you can't make everyone happy. On the other hand I do think they have made some changes for the better reguarding building new trails! Thanks Rooster, you are doing a great job building them. 48 & 49 are great! Now, if you could build one from the end of 49 to 116 that would let us bypass the gravel it would be even better.
Back to top Go down
CMay

CMay

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 9:00 am

Rooster wrote:

Anyone know the trails this will be on? The wife really wants to go.
Back to top Go down
bush

bush

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 3:03 pm

so what day/days is the wild cat going to be there? all weekend or just on sat?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 6:19 pm

CMay wrote:

Anyone know the trails this will be on? The wife really wants to go.

Yes I know. It will be on the trails behind the Campground in the WWO Track Area. There are several trails down there. I know this because I will be one of the guides. There will be several groups leaving with a staggered start. We want to keep the groups down to about 10 machines. So there will be several guides. Trails are not hard, but probably ones you have never rode before. The is a newly created Pond that is very big. They plan on a bonfire and cookout down at the pond.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 6:20 pm

bush wrote:

I cannot answer that. Vendors usually come and start setting up on Thursday so I would say they will be there Friday and Saturday.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 14, 2011 6:22 pm

badride wrote:
Hollon wrote:

Exactly! .

Roger, I will present this to Brent in person after the Jam is over with. I suspect there will be rebuttal. The guided rides are on Friday. There is only one event on Friday (the Rock Crawl). What I think they should is spread the Events out over 3 days. Friday, Saturday, Sunday. That way they could start later in the day.
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 7:02 am

Rooster wrote:
badride wrote:
Hollon wrote:

Exactly! .

Roger, I will present this to Brent in person after the Jam is over with. I suspect there will be rebuttal. The guided rides are on Friday. There is only one event on Friday (the Rock Crawl). What I think they should is spread the Events out over 3 days. Friday, Saturday, Sunday. That way they could start later in the day.

Hey, now I know why Phil can't ride with us Friday night. He has been wearing his mask all year just waiting to go on the haunted ride!

Rooster, you can't please everybody. I am sure they think they are doing what they think is the best. I just hope they change their minds on the format. If not, that's ok, I will still help Coal Creek do what ever they need me to do. They have a lot on their plate and the OHVs are just a part of it. I will do what ever I can to insure that mountain is open for us to ride for years to come.
Back to top Go down
aweisgarber

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 17, 2011 7:18 am

I have to disagree Roger,the more people that are up on the hill at the events means less people in the way on the trails. 729242 729242
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 7:43 pm

Rooster wrote:
bush wrote:

I cannot answer that. Vendors usually come and start setting up on Thursday so I would say they will be there Friday and Saturday.

Here is your answer.....

Well look what came to town today. I cannot show you the WildCat, but I will say it looked impressive. They have 6 Wildcats. Thursday and Friday will be reserved for Dealer Demo Rides and Saturday is for the Public Demo Rides.

Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:16 pm

Rooster wrote:
Rooster wrote:
bush wrote:

Here is your answer.....

Well look what came to town today. I cannot show you the WildCat, but I will say it looked impressive. They have 6 Wildcats. Thursday and Friday will be reserved for Dealer Demo Rides and Saturday is for the Public Demo Rides.

Now we are going to find out if that Wildcat is worth a shit or not.
Have roger take all wildcats up 44,43and 39..... cheers
Back to top Go down
Big-R

Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 EmptyTue Oct 18, 2011 9:27 pm

ChrisC wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Rooster wrote:
bush wrote:

Here is your answer.....

Now we are going to find out if that Wildcat is worth a shit or not.
Have roger take all wildcats up 44,43and 39..... cheers

I would if they would let me!!!! No doubt!!!!
Back to top Go down
http://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011   Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Coal Creek OHV Fall Jam Schedule 2011
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next