Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

What will break next in the front end?

Go down 
+2
Triel
edge22
6 posters
AuthorMessage

What will break next in the front end? Empty
PostSubject: What will break next in the front end?   What will break next in the front end? EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 7:57 pm

Heres some info.. Alluminum front diff sprague (dragon fire racing), new heavy duty rhino axel assemblies, rackzilla rack/pinnion, utv billet hubs, racer tech weld on frame bracing, new super daves bushings. New brake calipers, pads, lines and master cylinder...new rad and hoses( well less than 1000miles). New wheel bearings and ball joints. Just curious on your thoughts what will let go next? Oh and I have never broke anything in a roll over or crash other than cosmetics so that doesnt count..
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

PostSubject: Re: What will break next in the front end?   What will break next in the front end? EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 8:17 pm

Gears maybe?? 248474
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What will break next in the front end?   What will break next in the front end? EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 8:48 pm

edge22 wrote:
Gears maybe?? 248474

Thats exactly what I'm thinking... So who makes bullet proof gears?
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

PostSubject: Re: What will break next in the front end?   What will break next in the front end? EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:04 pm

Not sure lol. Then you will need a heavy duty diff case..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What will break next in the front end?   What will break next in the front end? EmptyFri Oct 28, 2011 9:13 pm

edge22 wrote:
Not sure lol. Then you will need a heavy duty diff case..
It never ends does it. People may not want to admit it but we are all 136483
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

PostSubject: Re: What will break next in the front end?   What will break next in the front end? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 10:55 am

Don't feel bad Jerry. All my friends up here are getting sick of me breaking. 90% of them have had no issues with theirs (compared to mine) and I think mine breaks something every ride.

BTW, how do you know when your sprague screws up. My front end does not seem to pull unless I have 1/2 or more throttle in it. I noticed it when I was at Brimstone that climbing the hills in the mud it would get stuck unless I pored the throttle to her. 4WD does still work, but it almost acts like a percentage transfer case (40, 60, 100% depending on throttle).
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
RZR_Joe

RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: What will break next in the front end?   What will break next in the front end? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:00 pm

Triel wrote:
Don't feel bad Jerry. All my friends up here are getting sick of me breaking. 90% of them have had no issues with theirs (compared to mine) and I think mine breaks something every ride.

BTW, how do you know when your sprague screws up. My front end does not seem to pull unless I have 1/2 or more throttle in it. I noticed it when I was at Brimstone that climbing the hills in the mud it would get stuck unless I pored the throttle to her. 4WD does still work, but it almost acts like a percentage transfer case (40, 60, 100% depending on throttle).

If you continue it will break more than jus tthe carrier. When it engauges as you describe it's already spinning too fast and something is going to let go. Sounds like the friction plate is bent. Mine did the same thing, I replaced the carrier with a new billet one and still had the same problem. Replaced the friction plate and it's as smooth as a baby butt now.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe

RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: What will break next in the front end?   What will break next in the front end? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 12:03 pm

Speaking of gears - I've looked into gear reduction sets and I just can't see $1600 for two small gears. I was thinking of possibly getting new diff gears made with a lower ratio. if we can get several sets made it would be cheaper, any interest?
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: What will break next in the front end?   What will break next in the front end? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:03 pm

Did you put in the billet pinion support when you changed the sprague? I am not sure how much it helps, but I put one in mine just in case.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe

RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: What will break next in the front end?   What will break next in the front end? EmptyMon Oct 31, 2011 1:17 pm

badride wrote:
Did you put in the billet pinion support when you changed the sprague? I am not sure how much it helps, but I put one in mine just in case.

Not yet, but I plan to when I change to a HD housing (very shortly)
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

PostSubject: Re: What will break next in the front end?   What will break next in the front end? EmptyTue Nov 01, 2011 2:30 pm

RZR_Joe wrote:
If you continue it will break more than jus tthe carrier. When it engauges as you describe it's already spinning too fast and something is going to let go. Sounds like the friction plate is bent. Mine did the same thing, I replaced the carrier with a new billet one and still had the same problem. Replaced the friction plate and it's as smooth as a baby butt now.

I will look into that this winter. I plan on taking the dif apart and putting new seals in.
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
roadie

roadie

PostSubject: Re: What will break next in the front end?   What will break next in the front end? EmptyWed Nov 02, 2011 12:33 pm

lower a arm I tore mine rite off
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: What will break next in the front end?   What will break next in the front end? EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 2:41 am

roadie wrote:
lower a arm I tore mine rite off

Thats what a welder is for...... 971386
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What will break next in the front end?   What will break next in the front end? EmptyThu Nov 03, 2011 2:45 am

I have my old std 50" a-arms if anybody wants them.(free).ChrisC is right about welding! I couldn't live without my welder yes1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What will break next in the front end?   What will break next in the front end? Empty

Back to top Go down

What will break next in the front end?
Page 1 of 1