HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Share | 

Give me thoughts on winches, not Ho's

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
stacrzr

PostSubject: Give me thoughts on winches, not Ho's   Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:10 pm

I had Viper 4000 w/syn rope on my old 08 rzr. Going to get another winch for my 11. Any thoughts or better deals ?????
Back to top Go down
http://smalenovsky@gmail.com
GunRunner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Give me thoughts on winches, not Ho's   Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:23 am

if it worked get another, i use warn 3000 extreme had bad luck with china made ones myself

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Give me thoughts on winches, not Ho's   Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:47 am

GunRunner wrote:

if it worked get another, i use warn 3000 extreme had bad luck with china made ones myself

My china made venom still works good..You have to USE them regularly or they will quit working.... lol!
Back to top Go down
mkrazr

PostSubject: Re: Give me thoughts on winches, not Ho's   Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:39 am

Stacy i just bought a 4500lb viper or venom cant remember which from high lifter for 199 bucks, i thought it was a good deal and i remember you liked your other one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Give me thoughts on winches, not Ho's   Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:24 pm

nothing but WARN for me
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Give me thoughts on winches, not Ho's   Tue Jan 17, 2012 6:27 pm

Warn for me...... 431114

Triel

PostSubject: Re: Give me thoughts on winches, not Ho's   Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:29 am

I have a 5K Venom. The contactor has already went out due to water intrusion, but they sent me another with no issue.

You are correct, use it ever now and again just to test that it works and it should be good.

Warn kiss ass , will never buy another one of theirs. I burned up a Polaris 3500 and sent it in, few months later I got same one back with no repairs. They stated that it was abused and it had cracks in the housing. They said it was beat on. I purchased it new, used it three times, and it burned up the motor the thrid time. Only marks I had on it when I shipped it was from mounting bolts. Again, they will never get my business.

I sold it to a buddy for parts ($50).

FYI, Polaris 3500 is made by Warn with a crappy 6 month warranty. If you get a Warn, make sure it is not the Popo crap.
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
stacrzr

PostSubject: Re: Give me thoughts on winches, not Ho's   Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:43 am

Thanks for info...
Back to top Go down
http://smalenovsky@gmail.com
Dean

PostSubject: Re: Give me thoughts on winches, not Ho's   Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:01 am

IMO i will never buy nothing that says WARN on it i have had 2 both are junk the new 1 was 4,000 pounds used it twice the free spool dont work
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Give me thoughts on winches, not Ho's   Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:46 am

i ve used 3 warn on atvs since 1998 .used the first one on three different 4 wheelers from 1998-2007.let it go with the wheeler when i sold it .bought a new 3000 for my 07 rhino.used it through 2010 on the rhino ,then a polaris ranger .let it go with the ranger .bought a new one for the xp900 .i have never had one to fail me when i needed it .how ever i do clean them and keep them greased and lubed .nobody should expect anything to last ,sinking them in the mud without proper maint .
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Give me thoughts on winches, not Ho's   

Back to top Go down

Give me thoughts on winches, not Ho's
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1