HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Share | 

Tight Ass Belt

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Triel

PostSubject: Tight Ass Belt   Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:25 pm

Installed SuperATV 28.5 Dominators a few months ago and installed a EPI clutch kit for bigger tires. Burned up a belt (while sitting 3/4 on my side in a deep rut) . Replaced belt yesterday and it is a tight SOB. At first I had to start it in gear since I could not get it in L. After running in the pasture for awhile it has loosened up a little, but still have to force it in gear when not on level ground.

I replaced the belt with the same # I had before 211133 (I think that was the number). Any ideas on why the clutch kit tightened a relaxed clutch so bad?

FYI, this is a standard RZR and it has the odd ball clutch system that I think was only used in 09 for the standard RZR. I have also been running the S belt for over 2k miles and have not had an issue till now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
GunRunner
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Tight Ass Belt   Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:17 pm

Triel wrote:
Installed SuperATV 28.5 Dominators a few months ago and installed a EPI clutch kit for bigger tires. Burned up a belt (while sitting 3/4 on my side in a deep rut) . Replaced belt yesterday and it is a tight SOB. At first I had to start it in gear since I could not get it in L. After running in the pasture for awhile it has loosened up a little, but still have to force it in gear when not on level ground.

I replaced the belt with the same # I had before 211133 (I think that was the number). Any ideas on why the clutch kit tightened a relaxed clutch so bad?

FYI, this is a standard RZR and it has the odd ball clutch system that I think was only used in 09 for the standard RZR. I have also been running the S belt for over 2k miles and have not had an issue till now.
Sounds like the bearing in the primary

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Triel

PostSubject: Re: Tight Ass Belt   Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:35 pm

Are you talking about the bushing on the crankshaft or one of the bearings on the inside of the primary? Service manual shows three or more (if you count bushings).
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tight Ass Belt   

Back to top Go down

Tight Ass Belt
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1