Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Tire and wheel delima.....

Go down 
+2
JodyT
blu-knight
6 posters
AuthorMessage
blu-knight

blu-knight

Tire and wheel delima..... Empty
PostSubject: Tire and wheel delima.....   Tire and wheel delima..... EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:08 am

Ok here is my problem. Right now I have RZR 4 with 30" dominators on Polaris bruiser rims which has an offset of 4+3 on the front and 4+4 on the rear. The size of the rims are 14". I have some rubbing on the front fender well. It is not all the time but it is there. Also with the wider stance I have mud everywhere when I ride. I have already added XP fender flares to the front. Ok here is my question. Should I buy a set of offset arms from Super ATV to eliminate the rubbing and if so what can I do to keep the mud off me and the passengers. Also there are not a-arm guards that will work with the offset. I already have the EMP ones now.

The second option I could do is go back to stock rims which are 12" and have an offset of 4+2 front and 6+2 rear and go down to a 28" tire. This would solve the rubbing issues as well as set the tires back under the fenders which would help with the mud.

I know descions descions but I thought I would ask for some advice first. Thanks
Back to top Go down
JodyT

JodyT

PostSubject: Re: Tire and wheel delima.....   Tire and wheel delima..... EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 8:53 am

I had the EMP arm guards on mine...when I put the SATV arms on I cut the EMP to make them fit....then bought a set of Richochet skid clamps to hold them with...it looked good and served the pourpose.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jodytompkins
blu-knight

blu-knight

PostSubject: Re: Tire and wheel delima.....   Tire and wheel delima..... EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 9:16 am

JodyT wrote:
I had the EMP arm guards on mine...when I put the SATV arms on I cut the EMP to make them fit....then bought a set of Richochet skid clamps to hold them with...it looked good and served the pourpose.

Thanks for the info Jody. That was one of my concerns was getting or making an a-arm guard/cv guard that would work.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Tire and wheel delima.....   Tire and wheel delima..... EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 10:34 am

If you get rubbing on the inner edge of the body just inside the wheel well you can take a 2x4 and a heat gun, heat up the plastic where it rubs and use the 2x4 against the tire to press it in and hold it there till it cools, most times this will do the trick
Back to top Go down
Performance

Performance

PostSubject: Re: Tire and wheel delima.....   Tire and wheel delima..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 3:57 am

Also if you don't want to do the heat gun trick to the floor board, another option is to use Highlifter's fender mod kit which stops rubbing completely and looks factory.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/chromed88ss
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Tire and wheel delima.....   Tire and wheel delima..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 4:08 am

That looks really nice.... 431114
Back to top Go down
chipper

PostSubject: Re: Tire and wheel delima.....   Tire and wheel delima..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 2:52 pm

GunRunner wrote:
If you get rubbing on the inner edge of the body just inside the wheel well you can take a 2x4 and a heat gun, heat up the plastic where it rubs and use the 2x4 against the tire to press it in and hold it there till it cools, most times this will do the trick

On that note I remember seeing a buddy doing about the same thing but he used a flat basketball. After heating the area he added air to the ball and it made a nice smooth area, looked factory.
Back to top Go down
blu-knight

blu-knight

PostSubject: Re: Tire and wheel delima.....   Tire and wheel delima..... EmptyThu Mar 01, 2012 6:46 pm

Thanks for all of the advice guys. I think I am going to step down in size and go with the 28" tire. I will get some of my power back that way and if I have warranty work on the front end I can just swap back to stock tires and rims. If I had went the offset way it would definetly void any warranty issues. I know the 28" aren't good for it but at least they are easy to change out.

So with that in mind I have a set of 30" dominators for sale with 14" polaris bruiser rims. I will post this up in another thread with pics and price.

Thanks again for everyones input.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Tire and wheel delima.....   Tire and wheel delima..... EmptyFri Mar 02, 2012 3:24 am

Thats a good thing Chad , i would rather have the power
than the bigger tire ..... 431114
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tire and wheel delima.....   Tire and wheel delima..... Empty

Back to top Go down

Tire and wheel delima.....
Page 1 of 1