Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Shocks HELP!!!!

Go down 
+2
GunRunner
The Reaper
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Reaper

The Reaper

Shocks HELP!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Shocks HELP!!!!   Shocks HELP!!!! EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 2:58 am

So this is my first rzr. and i am a little lost on the mechanics of the thing. I have a RZR S with no lift all stock with fox podium shocks these things are different than anything i have ever owned. usually it comes with a tool that you just turn it to the next notch to lift or lower with this set up there isn't no intervals just threads and i dont want to screw anything up. It is riding way way to low when me and my wife get in it. thing is i am not really sure how to lift it up and make sure everything still sets level with us both in it. the ride height atm is way low i drag on everything. i know there is probably a post somewhere on here or another site but i am having no luck on finding it. just a detailed example of how to lift it up with out screwing with my camber. as i am a big boy almost 7 ft tall and over 300 lbs it needs to come up the more the better i hate grinding as i go over a rock. any and all help will be great......
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

Shocks HELP!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shocks HELP!!!!   Shocks HELP!!!! EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 11:33 am

all you need is the racer tech 2'' lift kit and turn your shocks up a little, it puts the shocks in a more up right position so you get lift plus a better ride.
Back to top Go down
rzrrider1

rzrrider1

Shocks HELP!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shocks HELP!!!!   Shocks HELP!!!! EmptyTue Apr 03, 2012 5:14 pm

You can turn the two nuts that are on top of the spring. First thing to do is take all pressure off of the springs then loosen the top nut (jam nut) then turn the bottom nut (adjuster nut) down to tighten up the spring.You should have got a spanner wrench in the rzr tool kit.I don't know how much more ride height you will get by doing this like Gunny said it will help the most to buy the Racer Tech 2" lift kit. I am using the Racer Tech lift kit and just love it. 32749
Back to top Go down
The Reaper

The Reaper

Shocks HELP!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shocks HELP!!!!   Shocks HELP!!!! EmptyWed Apr 04, 2012 1:29 am

thanks guys i'll look into this lift. it needs something badly. im sorry its posted twice not sure what happened there my have got click happy.
Back to top Go down
Clayboy
Member #01
Clayboy

Shocks HELP!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shocks HELP!!!!   Shocks HELP!!!! EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 2:16 am

You live very close to a guy that can hook you up with any shock / suspension help you will ever need. Smoothride lives in West Liberty too.
Back to top Go down
The Reaper

The Reaper

Shocks HELP!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shocks HELP!!!!   Shocks HELP!!!! EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 8:44 pm

Clayboy wrote:
You live very close to a guy that can hook you up with any shock / suspension help you will ever need. Smoothride lives in West Liberty too.

do you have a name or contact info. i can get a number from our 911 servers all i need is a name. any help getting up with him would be great
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

Shocks HELP!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shocks HELP!!!!   Shocks HELP!!!! EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 9:19 pm

The Reaper wrote:
Clayboy wrote:

do you have a name or contact info. i can get a number from our 911 servers all i need is a name. any help getting up with him would be great

Smoothride is a member here. just look him up and send him a pm..... 431114
Back to top Go down
chipper

Shocks HELP!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shocks HELP!!!!   Shocks HELP!!!! EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 8:57 am

Here is a link to smoothride,

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
The Reaper

The Reaper

Shocks HELP!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shocks HELP!!!!   Shocks HELP!!!! EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:17 pm

thanks all. so i tore into the set up today. wasn't to bad. got it adjusted to the weight of me and my wife. it dont slump anymore and actually got me a few inchs higher... springs must have been saging alot from riding cause it came up a few inchs and doesn't squat when under load. and riding is still smooth as silk. GREAT THANKS TO SMOOTH RIDE he was a HUGE help. funny story turned out this man is my cousin and didn't even know it. i called him and realized just how small of a world it is out there. THANKS ALL FOR THE HELP
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Shocks HELP!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shocks HELP!!!!   Shocks HELP!!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Shocks HELP!!!!
Page 1 of 1