HomePortalFAQRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Transmission drain bolt

Go down 
AuthorMessage
rzrrider1

rzrrider1

Transmission drain bolt Empty
PostSubject: Transmission drain bolt   Transmission drain bolt EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 1:04 pm

Here is the problem I am having. It seems as if i have stripped out the drain plug hole on the transmission so it looks like i will have to install some type of Helicoil thread repair insert to fix the problem. The best i can tell is that the drain bolt is a 3/8x24 bolt size.So to get to the point has anyone here ever experienced this problem yet. I am so damn madz
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

PostSubject: Re: Transmission drain bolt   Transmission drain bolt EmptyThu Apr 05, 2012 7:08 pm

I would prob try to tap it the next size up rather than put a heli coil in. I have read about this happening also.
Back to top Go down
rzrrider1

rzrrider1

PostSubject: Re: Transmission drain bolt   Transmission drain bolt EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 4:13 pm

I went ahead and installed a stainless steel heli coil , that way it has hardened threads and will not strip out again plus i got to keep the same size drain plug.It seems to have worked out fine.I admit I was a little bit worried about doing this I didn't want anything to go wrong and then have to take the transmission off and apart to correct it.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Transmission drain bolt   Transmission drain bolt EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 4:16 pm

great news glad it worked out! Transmission drain bolt 242705

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Transmission drain bolt   Transmission drain bolt EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 10:08 pm

rzrrider1 wrote:
I went ahead and installed a stainless steel heli coil , that way it has hardened threads and will not strip out again plus i got to keep the same size drain plug.It seems to have worked out fine.I admit I was a little bit worried about doing this I didn't want anything to go wrong and then have to take the transmission off and apart to correct it.

I am glad you did it that way. it was the proper way to fix it.... 431114

edge22
edge22

PostSubject: Re: Transmission drain bolt   Transmission drain bolt EmptyFri Apr 06, 2012 10:36 pm

True, that sliped my mind. If you get the heli coil installed good the threads will be much better than the AL.
Sounds like you got her fixed up good. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transmission drain bolt   Transmission drain bolt Empty

Back to top Go down

Transmission drain bolt
Page 1 of 1