Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy

Go down 
+13
toradi2
Highlander
stacrzr
rzr340
jhoncho4x4
bonzo
rwesterwal
edge22
TNDan
seweljj
ChrisC
Baditude
GunRunner
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy Empty
PostSubject: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 12:32 pm

Well Guys this is the dumbest thing ive ever heard of but if you ever intend to go to Brimstone Recreation area you need to know this and decide if you want to spend your money with them.

BIG NEWS!! that we were just made aware of is that if you are not staying at one of the ''approved'' places listed YOU ARE NOT WELCOME AT BRIMSTONE! THEY WILL NOT SELL YOU A PASS TO RIDE! This appears to be an attempt to put trailsend campground out of business. I just talked to Ronnie (bigr) and chris about our ride and I called and talked to a person at brimstone and she confirmed if you are staying at trailsend you will not be allowed to ride on brimestone property. I tried to talk to them about this being a illegal action as a business selling to the public cannot discriminate in such a way and if they held to this that we would have no choice but to relocate our ride to windrock and spread the word to the sxs world that riders not going along with their new plan are not welcome!!!! She is going to get back in touch by Friday with a answer, hopefully they realize this is a very flawed plan and end it. I will start a separate thread on this and welcome all to respond how they feel so brimestone can read if they want to. Here is there press release stating the approved places you can stay, anywhere else will bar you from being able to ride on Brimstone property.

Access to Brimstone trails and facilities will be limited to those overnight Brimstone Resort Passholders staying only at the following Brimstone Resort sponsored facilities:

Brimstone Retreats Grand Vista Hotel

Comfort Inn Big South Fork Cabin Rentals

Wilderness Retreats Cornerstone

Longhorn Ranch Cabin Rental Oneida Guest House

Unique Mountain Getaways Elk Run Cabins
Back to top Go down
Baditude

Baditude

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:50 pm

Two words: Bull Shit

I may never ride there again even though it is (was) my favorite place. Love the folks at trailsend. My guess is they will be doing cooler checks even when no events soon.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 3:26 pm

Its easily settled, they need to make trailsend an approved place to stay.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 4:11 pm

Ya , this is really going to Fuck Shit up , if they let this
Continue........ madz
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 4:37 pm

I just talked to the Scott County chamber of commerce and advised them of this, they were not pleased at all. Trailsend campground is a member of theirs. I had her look up brimestones new rules and as she read them she immediately said she was going to call the head of the chamber and let him know.

If you want to let them know as well here is a link.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 4:57 pm

Hell Ya , Lets stir up some Shit..... 971386 ....... 547228
Back to top Go down
seweljj

seweljj

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 5:29 pm

This pisses me off, but even more so because the assholes offer a discount on yearly passes purchased in Jan, then turn around and implement this policy in Feb. I have no doubt it was intentional! No way i would have purchased the year pass had i known they were going to pull this shit that is obviously just a fued with Trailsend. madz
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 5:36 pm

seweljj wrote:
This pisses me off, but even more so because the assholes offer a discount on yearly passes purchased in Jan, then turn around and implement this policy in Feb. I have no doubt it was intentional! No way i would have purchased the year pass had i known they were going to pull this shit that is obviously just a fued with Trailsend. madz

If this turns out to be what they stick with i say everyone who purchased a year pass demand a refund and if they refuse, do a charge back with the credit card company and state that they imposed discriminatory rules not disclosed at time of purchase, you will get a refund!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 5:53 pm

If this shit continues , we need to just pile up some Can am's
and artic cats around the place and set it on Fire...... 431114
That way we will kill to birds with one match.... 729242 729242 729242
Back to top Go down
TNDan

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 6:02 pm

The best message is to demand your money back...

I honestly believe that Steve can get an injunction to halt that practice... it is illegal... very illegal.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/northcumberlandtrailsmap
edge22
edge22

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 6:02 pm

What a bunch of horse shit!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 6:07 pm

edge22 wrote:
What a bunch of horse shit!

Ant it though..... 248474
Back to top Go down
rwesterwal

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 7:43 pm

779611 I was planing on going to brimstone next weekend on the 14 and 15 not now windrock here i come. needs to be an all out boycot till some money hungry asswipe figure out that it is going to hurt his bottom line too.
Back to top Go down
bonzo

bonzo

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 8:05 pm

What a bunch of shit. I just bought a permit at the first of the month with none of these bullshit restrictions. I will continue to ride or they can give me my damn money back. What a bunch of chicken shits. madz
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4

jhoncho4x4

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 1:08 am

I don't understand how they are going to enforce this policy.
Assuming you have already purchased a one year pass online before you show up;

"For day ride and not overnight Brimstone Resort Passholders , parking at our secure parking facility is mandatory and requires checking in at our offices in Huntsville, prior to entry on the Brimstone property."

If you did not stay overnight at one of their sponsored facilities and trailer'd to their mandatory secure parking facility as a day rider, how would they know?

When you check in at their office, how will they know if you came from the secure parking facility or rode in on your RZR from whatever close by sponsored facility or from Trails End?

I have never been there, so I do not know how the place is laid out.

What all is involved in "checking in at our offices in Huntsville"?

Even if at check in everyday you get a new colored band, I don't see how that will enforce any of the above policies.

According the link below, the “Brimstone Band” can simply be purchased online using that link at the bottom of the page. I went through the steps, it is just the same as buying a yearly pass. There was no charge for the "band" itself. Just your personal info. and $85 payment for the years pass. I wonder if they then send you your years pass, parking permit and a re-usable band?
The header across the top of their website says you can "PURCHASE YOUR BRACELET ONLINE OR PREREGISTER @ [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
"Available online at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Seems to me if the "sponsored facilities" was giving them access to their guest book or handing out some sort of a token and the "secure parking lot" was handing out a token to bring to the registration office at sign in, they would have mentioned it on their website to be sure to ask for the token from the facility.
But then again, that still would not work for overnighters that did not stay at sponsored facilities posing as day riders parking in their parking lot.

It all just sounds like an unenforceable scare tactic to me.
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4

jhoncho4x4

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 4:17 am

It's getting around

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
jhoncho4x4

jhoncho4x4

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 4:30 am

It might also help to post on the Facebook pages of the "sponsored facilities" that you will no longer be patronizing Brimstone due to this new policy and that by them joining Brimstone in this venture, it will actually be costing them business.
If the "sponsored facilities" also have to constantly monitor their Facebook to delete posts and complain to Brimstone about the policies backlash, that would definitely put pressure on Brimstone to change it.
Back to top Go down
rzr340

rzr340

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 4:53 am

I don't think what they are doing I legal....there is a feud going on...small town politics. I would say trails end has an attorney hired. Word keeps getting out, they will lose a lot of business.
Back to top Go down
stacrzr

stacrzr

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 5:40 am

I live within a hour from there. I don't plan on staying over night any. Can they stop 1 day riders?
Back to top Go down
http://smalenovsky@gmail.com
seweljj

seweljj

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:40 am

stacrzr wrote:
I live within a hour from there. I don't plan on staying over night any. Can they stop 1 day riders?

The way they have it worded you would have to purchase a parking pass and have it on you at all times to prove that you paid at an approved parking location. Of course, this is in addition to purchasing the riding pass.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 10:45 am

stacrzr wrote:

you can ride as long as you obey the rules, if i bought a year pass before the other day when they released the new rules i would demand my money back if they dont then do a chargeback on the credit card you used and state they imposed discriminatory rules after the purchase and you will get your money back!
Back to top Go down
rzr340

rzr340

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 6:42 pm

I talked to the lady at trails end today, she said she appreciates everything everybody is doing, they have had alot of supporters. She contacted the mayor about the matter, the mayor is watching the forums, including this one and they are going to contact an attorney to see if this is legal...The best way to help would be contacting the Huntsville chamber of commerce, the mayors office, and sponsors of Brimstone
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 7:02 pm

Something needs to be done. This is just not acceptable .... No
Back to top Go down
Highlander

Highlander

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 7:40 pm

thereGuys just went to the Brimstone Receration FB page and they have taken the comment section off of their page so all of the comments are gone. Giess they are asahamed or got tired of deleting. So i hope every one will go to the BOYCOTT BRIMSTONE RECREATION FAACEBOOK PAGE AND POST COMMENTS THERE SO THERE CAN BE A RECORD
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 11:43 am

The chamber of commerce has been alerted, i talked with them wed for about 30min, the lady said she would let the head of the chamber know about the problem, trailsend is also along with brimstone members of the chamber of commerce.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy   Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy Empty

Back to top Go down

Important !!! All read, New Brimstone Policy
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next