Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today

Go down 
+7
Big-R
JodyT
badride
Baditude
GunRunner
aweisgarber
ChrisC
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 11:19 am

ChrisC wrote:

I never liked that old lock and ride Bullshit.... No 
A good action packer or a tool bag and a cooler is all you need.... Wink 

Unless you have a Can Am , then you also need a Winch..... 729242 

No, you don't have to have a winch to pull a RZR out, you can also use a tow strap.....lol! 
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 12:37 pm

badride wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

No, you don't have to have a winch to pull a RZR out, you can also use a tow strap.....lol! 

A rzr needs none of that strap shit. You just push the button on the dash and you are out.
It works like a proper 4wd is suppose to.... icon13 

I think Can Am left some parts out of there Diff. Like the part that makes the right front wheel turn.... 729242
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 12:40 pm

ChrisC wrote:
badride wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

A rzr needs none of that strap shit. You just push the button on the dash and you are out.
It works like a proper 4wd is suppose to.... icon13 

I think Can Am left some parts out of there Diff. Like the part that makes the right front wheel turn.... 729242

Yeah I think there is a switch on mine that has something to do with four wheel drive. It also has a position on the shifter marked with an "L". I don't use them much so I am not really sure what you mean???????????248474 
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 1:35 pm

Of course you don't use them , Why would you , on a Canned Ham
They don't work anyway , So why would you waist time pushing the Button..... lol! 

Besides Archie is usually with you , So he will pull you out when you get stuck.... Razz 
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 2:07 pm

ChrisC wrote:

Of course you don't use them , Why would you , on a Canned Ham
They don't work anyway , So why would you waist time pushing the Button..... lol! 

Besides Archie is usually with you , So he will pull you out when you get stuck.... Razz 

The best I remember, Archie used his winch to get out of a place that the Maverick went through with no help. Come to think of it, I have a video of him being pulled across a little creek that the Maverick went through under it's own power.971386 
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 05, 2013 5:11 pm

I just like messing with you.... lol!  I already know what is going to happen , and you do to.
There is no need to deny it. That po po is far superior to any can am. you will go dump a boat load of money
in the can am. and in the end you will have a rzr 1000 I don't know when , but its going to happen.
Remember i said this , Cause i am going to remind you a Lot when it happens.... lol! 
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:02 am

ChrisC wrote:

I just like messing with you.... lol!  I already know what is going to happen , and you do to.
There is no need to deny it. That  po po is far superior to any can am. you will go dump a boat load of money
in the can am. and in the end you will have a rzr 1000 I don't know when , but its going to happen.
Remember i said this , Cause i am going to remind you a Lot when it happens.... lol! 

Nope, I am waiting on Kimco to come out with something REALLY nice. Yep, that will be the ticket!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:11 am

badride wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

There is no need to deny it. That  po po is far superior to any can am. you will go dump a boat load of money

Nope, I am waiting on Kimco to come out with something REALLY nice. Yep, that will be the ticket!

I still stand by what i said. You will have a RZR 1000 , its just a matter of when.
It is as absolute FACT.. Just remember i said this. yes1 
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:21 am

ChrisC wrote:
badride wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

I still stand by what i said. You will have a RZR 1000 , its just a matter of when.

I am not convinced that the Polaris motors are ANYWHERE as reliable as the Rotax motors. When I see them being put in ultra lite aircraft at the numbers there are Rotax I may be convinced. Nobody I know is dumb enough to use one yet.........lol! 
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 7:39 am

Very few RZR motors ever fail , from 800 or 900. So that should not be a problem.... Wink 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 9:01 am

badride wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
badride wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

I am not convinced that the Polaris motors are ANYWHERE as reliable as the Rotax motors. When I see them being put in ultra lite aircraft at the numbers there are Rotax I may be convinced. Nobody I know is dumb enough to use one yet.........lol! 
they use them in aircraft because it doesn't require 4wd...who would junk a perfectly good RZR for the motor? 780841 
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 9:13 am

utrzr110 wrote:
badride wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
badride wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

they use them in aircraft because it doesn't require 4wd...who would junk a perfectly good RZR for the motor? 780841 
Your life doesn't depend on the motor failing in a RZR, it very well could in an aircraft. THAT is why you see Rotax motors in them, NOT Polaris. 780841 780841 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 9:56 am

badride wrote:
utrzr110 wrote:
badride wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
badride wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

Your life doesn't depend on the motor failing in a RZR, it very well could in an aircraft. THAT is why you see Rotax motors in them, NOT Polaris. 780841 780841 
you obviously don't ride like we do....Your life depends on making it up rock ledges/high walls & shit canned hams are just observers on...I've rode with Ham owners who talk smack &  winched them until they finally called it a day. I don't know how long it's gonna take sxs riders to figureout more motor in our geography Is not always better.If we were riding in the  dunes or wide open range, maybe so.I still stand by my original statement that a  800s is a better machine in our riding areas than the other SXS of the week!
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 9:58 am

utrzr110 wrote:
badride wrote:
utrzr110 wrote:
badride wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
badride wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

you obviously don't ride like we do....Your life depends on making it up rock ledges/high walls & shit canned hams are just observers on...I've rode with Ham owners who talk smack &  winched them until they finally called it a day. I don't know how long it's gonna take sxs riders to figureout more motor in our geography I no always better.If we were riding in the  dunes or wide open range, maybe so.I still stand by my original statement that a  800s is a better machine in our riding areas than the other SXS of the week!

No, I guess I don't. You won't keep up with my group with an 800.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 10:16 am

badride wrote:
utrzr110 wrote:
badride wrote:
utrzr110 wrote:
badride wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
badride wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

you obviously don't ride like we do....Your life depends on making it up rock ledges/high walls & shit canned hams are just observers on...I've rode with Ham owners who talk smack &  winched them until they finally called it a day. I don't know how long it's gonna take sxs riders to figureout more motor in our geography I no always better.If we were riding in the  dunes or wide open range, maybe so.I still stand by my original statement that a  800s is a better machine in our riding areas than the other SXS of the week!

lmao I've heard that statement before & proven them wrong! You sound like the guy on the BMW who told me I couldn't ride with him on the dragon with my Hd's.. I was on my second beer before he arrived...
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 10:19 am

utrzr110 wrote:
badride wrote:
utrzr110 wrote:
badride wrote:
utrzr110 wrote:
badride wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
badride wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

lmao  I've heard that statement before & proven them wrong! You sound like the guy on the BMW  who told me I couldn't ride with him on the dragon with my Hd's..  I was on my second beer before he arrived...

You are more than welcome to come ride. I go about every Saturday. Leave from Windrock and ride North Cumberland. Bring lots of beer though and some extra gas. We usually ride between 60-95 miles. Oh, and food, food is good.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 10:48 am

Badride will show you a good time if you can keep up, it aint big talk its just how it is. There is no more hard core rider than roger, trust me ive ridden with him many times, the only reason we stayed with him and went where he did was with his help.
Back to top Go down
JodyT

JodyT

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 12:42 pm

badride wrote:
You are more than welcome to come ride. I go about every Saturday. Leave from Windrock and ride North Cumberland. Bring lots of beer though and some extra gas. We usually ride between 60-95 miles. Oh, and food, food is good.

I've seen Roger take a 3 legged RZR up the widow maker with out too much trouble...I don't think a tree legged Canam will slow him down much at all. There are Damn few that can keep up with him on the trails no matter what he is sitting in or riding on....nor what the chasing party is piloting...LOL

But is is always fun to try!!!971386 
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jodytompkins
badride

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 12:49 pm

I just want to know if anyone knows for sure how the "rev limiter" works on the new 1000. I saw where it is throttle by wire just like the Maverick (POS). The Maverick never actually hits a rev limiter. When the ECU decides it doesn't like something you are doing, (jumping, sliding, over revving) it just closes the throttle back even though you still have your foot to the floor. There are several companies trying to break the Can Am code for the ECU but no one has completely been sucessful. A total replacement ECU is also in the works I hear but not out yet. Looks like all the manufacturers are going that way.....madz 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 1:13 pm

badride wrote:
I just want to know if anyone knows for sure how the "rev limiter" works on the new 1000. I saw where it is throttle by wire just like the Maverick (POS). The Maverick never actually hits a rev limiter. When the ECU decides it doesn't like something you are doing, (jumping, sliding, over revving) it just closes the throttle back even though you still have your foot to the floor. There are several companies trying to break the Can Am code for the ECU but no one has completely been sucessful. A total replacement ECU is also in the works I hear but not out yet. Looks like all the manufacturers are going that way.....madz 

HD has utilized tbw for 6 years now & the way tuners get around it is by adding a tuning module or direct link tuning which overrides the ecu & creates it's own tune. I've utilized this method on the last (3) of my HD's w/o any issues at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 1:15 pm

JodyT wrote:
badride wrote:

I've seen Roger take a 3 legged RZR up the widow maker with out too much trouble...I don't think a tree legged Canam will slow him down much at all. There are Damn few that can keep up with him on the trails no matter what he is sitting in or riding on....nor what the chasing party is piloting...LOL

Ya'll talk more shit than a manure spreader! stroke 
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 1:24 pm

utrzr110 wrote:
badride wrote:

HD has utilized tbw for 6 years now & the way tuners get around it is by adding a tuning module or direct link tuning which overrides the ecu & creates it's own  tune. I've utilized this method on the last (3) of my HD's w/o any issues at all.    

Nobody make anything that will over ride the ECU closing the throttle.
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 1:24 pm

utrzr110 wrote:
JodyT wrote:
badride wrote:

How do you know, you won't come ride.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 1:44 pm

badride wrote:
utrzr110 wrote:
badride wrote:

HD has utilized tbw for 6 years now & the way tuners get around it is by adding a tuning module or direct link tuning which overrides the ecu & creates it's own  tune. I've utilized this method on the last (3) of my HD's w/o any issues at all.    

Nobody make anything that will over ride the ECU closing the throttle.
direct link requires nothing but someone to rewrite the ecu software. It's really not that big of a deal
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 EmptyTue Aug 06, 2013 1:45 pm

badride wrote:
utrzr110 wrote:
JodyT wrote:
badride wrote:

How do you know, you won't come ride.
I'll be at Trails End over the Holiday but right now is prime boating season & I'm either on the water or in the wind!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today   2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

2014 XP 1000 will be unveiled today
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next