Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Another first for Polaris

Go down 
+3
ChrisC
njcraddock
GunRunner
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

Another first for Polaris Empty
PostSubject: Another first for Polaris   Another first for Polaris EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 5:04 pm

This is cool, 971386 How long before someone puts those tires on a RZR? I bet someone already has!

Back to top Go down
njcraddock

njcraddock

PostSubject: Re: Another first for Polaris   Another first for Polaris EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 5:18 pm

I got an email from them today advertising that thing. Those non-pneumatic tires look pretty cool and they seem to conform to the terrain pretty well but don't look like they have a very aggressive tread. I would think that there would have to be a different design with a higher load range in order for it to work on a RZR though. A RZR is going to be roughly 400+ lbs heavier than a Sportsman before you add in an extra passenger.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Another first for Polaris   Another first for Polaris EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 5:38 pm

yes im sure they will have a heavy duty set for the rzr if they hold up good.,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Another first for Polaris   Another first for Polaris EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 10:25 am

Looks like if they made sets for the rzr the way they flexed on the rocks it sure would smooth out the ride on rocky roads(not the ice cream rocky road) trail rocky roads:lol!:
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Another first for Polaris   Another first for Polaris EmptyWed Nov 20, 2013 9:49 pm

A Recycling center close to where my auto shop was , had some just like this for over 10
years  on a bob cat driving over steel and all kinds of shit. and there still on there today.
they were busting air tires every other day. if they make more aggressive thread they
would be bad ass.... 431114
Back to top Go down
seweljj

seweljj

PostSubject: Re: Another first for Polaris   Another first for Polaris EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 11:07 am

Yeah, they look promising. I am looking forward to seeing if they decide to go with a more aggressive tread. Also, i wonder how bad mud would cake up in all those holes? It seems like it could really pack in. I don't ride mud, but sometimes it can't be avoided.
Back to top Go down
Baditude

Baditude

PostSubject: Re: Another first for Polaris   Another first for Polaris EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 2:00 pm

Those tires are expensive I read somewhere, cool concept and more aggressive read would be cool. Think what a stick through one would do though
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Another first for Polaris   Another first for Polaris EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 4:10 pm

Stick thru the spokes was always a bad thing on bicycles 729242 
Back to top Go down
rzrrider1

rzrrider1

PostSubject: Re: Another first for Polaris   Another first for Polaris EmptyThu Nov 21, 2013 7:00 pm

I believe that they need some kind of sidewall on them to keep the mud from packing into them. But I think the plan for them were hard packed and sand riding mainly.32749 
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: Another first for Polaris   Another first for Polaris EmptyFri Nov 22, 2013 7:11 am

I am not sure how they will handle while sliding sideways through the turns on the trails and on the gravel roads.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another first for Polaris   Another first for Polaris Empty

Back to top Go down

Another first for Polaris
Page 1 of 1