Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

RZR is King in the ice

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

RZR is King in the ice Empty
PostSubject: RZR is King in the ice   RZR is King in the ice EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 6:02 pm

We had a winter storm everything turned to ice this afternoon . I got to play God today...  lol! 
I pushed about 70 people this afternoon in the RZR that could not get up the hills on the ice. The S just hunkered
right down and got them going. I even had to help a four wheel drive ford get up a hill.... 431114 
Had to drive a guy across town in the buggy to save his wife that was to scared to try to drive.
There was a pile up , everyone was stuck in an intersection on a hill. I got them all out.
and everyone was Clapping....  547228  it was Fun but my hands feel like there frost biten now.
it is about 19 degrees out , and going down the street in the RZR it felt like - 19....  lol! 
Let the tires down to about 2 pounds. and nothing would stop it....  431114 
Back to top Go down
aweisgarber

PostSubject: Re: RZR is King in the ice   RZR is King in the ice EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 7:32 pm

316414 316414 316414 
I might get out in the streets tomorrow.It's probably going to be solid ice here tomorrow also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RZR is King in the ice   RZR is King in the ice EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 7:41 pm

I was toasty warm chris....summit heater and doors...get off that wallet and play hard.kept my heater on low ... 971386 
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: RZR is King in the ice   RZR is King in the ice EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 8:48 pm

RedNeckRanger wrote:
I was toasty warm chris....summit heater and doors...get off that wallet and play hard.kept my heater on low ... 971386 

Craig this stuff only happens here about every 5 years or so. I don't think that justifies the expense.
it is normally about 50 degrees here at this time of year.
The monkey suit did fine. I just grabbed some old cotton gloves. cause all i had plan to do was just
go down the street and see why all the traffic was at a stand still. Did not know i would be out there for hours. saving the Town.....  lol! 
The damn thing is i had some ski gloves in the closet , I wish i had , had them on....  431114
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: RZR is King in the ice   RZR is King in the ice EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 8:54 pm

Tomorrows high here is going to be about 29 , So what is here is going to stay here til
Thursday for sure. We only got about 3 or so inches of snow. but it was warm yesterday so when it first
started to snow , it was melting. then by noon it was in the 20's and it started to freeze.
That is when things got Shitty for everyone in a car , But fun for me.....  cheers 
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: RZR is King in the ice   RZR is King in the ice EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 3:55 pm

Well , the sun came out today. The roads are better , went to the store in the S-10 , there is still some bad spots.
Have to plan your rout to stay off hills. Cars crashed everywhere right in the middle of the road where they left them
yesterday. The stores are packed. people act like its the end of the world...  lol! its only 29 here right now.
Hell it will all be gone here in a day or two. but tonight will be bad. all the roads that melted and turn to slush will
freeze solid tonight. and it will be a rollercoster again . So i went and stocked up on food , So i would not have to
get out anymore today....  431114
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: RZR is King in the ice   RZR is King in the ice EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 9:12 pm

971386 302706
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: RZR is King in the ice   RZR is King in the ice EmptyWed Jan 29, 2014 10:20 pm

No pics of any of this. My hands were not capable of working the phone.
Besides it was to fast paced , every time i turned around somone needed help.
but now i wished i could of got a few pics to remember it all. it happened so fast , I never seen a storm come up so fast
around here. The problem was everyone went to work and school like normal cause everything was fine at 7 AM .
but by noon everything went to shit . temp fail like a rock everything froze and snowing So at noon they let everyone off work and school let out
at the same time in this mess. it was grid lock on ice....  lol! 
I never seen anything like it.
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: RZR is King in the ice   RZR is King in the ice EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 7:17 am

They let us out around 1:00pm Tuesday. It was pretty bad trying to get home. Some people just don't understand it takes momentum to get up hills with ice on them. Today is the first day back for me. The roads were pretty decent but my truck was showing -5 deg. I don't remember ever seeing it show that low before.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: RZR is King in the ice   RZR is King in the ice EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 12:22 pm

I drove past all the idiots stuck on the hills, never had a  tire spin on the Z71
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RZR is King in the ice   RZR is King in the ice Empty

Back to top Go down

RZR is King in the ice
Page 1 of 1