Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Superatv s conversion kit review

Go down 
+3
RZRS-EDGE
ChrisC
mason
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Superatv s conversion kit review Empty
PostSubject: Superatv s conversion kit review   Superatv s conversion kit review EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 11:08 am

For anybody interested in this kit, I just wanted to pass along some info about it. The A- arms are off set 1.5inch in front and rear which allows you to gain 3inchs to your overall wheel base. The A-arms seem to be fairly durable and they bolted up perfect with no issues. You have to use your old ball joints but I went ahead and put new (I would have preferred heim joints, but at the price of this kit I couldn't turn it down).

The heavy duty rhino brand axles that come with the kit seem to be very good quality. The first thing I noticed about them is how much and easy they bend at the cv joint (I got the complete axle kit but you can save some $ and get only the axle and swap out your cv', but I think getting the complete axle kit is best). The axle have gotten great reviews from people running them with no problems. They actually feel better than the Gorrilas I had on but time will tell..

Things I didn't like is that they only give you two brake lines and you have to switch your stock drivers side brake line with the stock passenger side which makes it a little longer than it needs to be ---I dont like the idea of extra brake line flopping around to get caught up on stuff. Also, the brake lines you get are braided but not covered with the clear tube like the stock. There were a couple of frayed places on the brake lines that stuck the crap out of me when installing. madz

The biggest problem with the kit concerns the rear sway bar but I could care less about the sway bar, I prefer not to have it. But its a matter of principle to me that something should work right if you buy it and here's the deal. The sway bar doesn't work with the rzr mount. It slides back and forth bending and breaking the linkage. Its a universal problem for everybody trying to use it. People have been complaining about it on the other forum and so far Superatv has been very quite about it.

Overall I'm very pleased with it but I'm sure I'll be cussing it when I hit my first tree as Chris C suggests 729242
Back to top Go down
mason

mason

PostSubject: Re: Superatv s conversion kit review   Superatv s conversion kit review EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 12:55 pm

good post and review 780798
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Superatv s conversion kit review   Superatv s conversion kit review EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 2:55 pm

Good review Jerry. .... 431114

But yes the trees are come the trees are coming....... yes1
Back to top Go down
RZRS-EDGE

RZRS-EDGE

PostSubject: Re: Superatv s conversion kit review   Superatv s conversion kit review EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 3:35 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Superatv s conversion kit review   Superatv s conversion kit review EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 9:41 pm

Forget the trees Jerry,watch out for those wash outs with bolders lodged in them--you know like the one in your avatar 729242
Back to top Go down
Stealth

Stealth

PostSubject: Re: Superatv s conversion kit review   Superatv s conversion kit review EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 10:19 pm

Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

PostSubject: Re: Superatv s conversion kit review   Superatv s conversion kit review EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 4:39 am

Hey Jerry,

Any updates on this kit? You still using it? I have been researching kits. I am looking at the 6" lift kit, the 4" billet alluminum LT, and this one (all from Super ATV). I seen some of your posts on the other forums and wondered if anything changed.

Also, does DuraRZR still have the 6" on his ride or did he give up on it? He has not been on here since the middle of 2010, so figured it would best to ask here.

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
Big-R

Big-R

PostSubject: Re: Superatv s conversion kit review   Superatv s conversion kit review EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:37 am

Triel wrote:
Hey Jerry,

Any updates on this kit? You still using it? I have been researching kits. I am looking at the 6" lift kit, the 4" billet alluminum LT, and this one (all from Super ATV). I seen some of your posts on the other forums and wondered if anything changed.

Also, does DuraRZR still have the 6" on his ride or did he give up on it? He has not been on here since the middle of 2010, so figured it would best to ask here.

Thanks in advance!

You should consider the stock Polaris +5 long travel also. It is the exact thing that is on a RZRS. It comes with all new bushings, rods, bolts, ball joints, FOUR brake lines, axles and a steering rack (the whole thing not just extensions). You should be able to purchase it for about 1500 bucks. I found that it was the best deal. You need to buy nothing else except shocks.

I bought mine at my dealer. I have a very good relationship with them so they match the ebay price.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://southernsxsriders.forumakers.com/
RZRS-EDGE

RZRS-EDGE

PostSubject: Re: Superatv s conversion kit review   Superatv s conversion kit review EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 7:38 pm

Big-R wrote:
Triel wrote:
Hey Jerry,

Thanks in advance!

You should consider the stock Polaris +5 long travel also. It is the exact thing that is on a RZRS. It comes with all new bushings, rods, bolts, ball joints, FOUR brake lines, axles and a steering rack (the whole thing not just extensions). You should be able to purchase it for about 1500 bucks. I found that it was the best deal. You need to buy nothing else except shocks.

I bought mine at my dealer. I have a very good relationship with them so they match the ebay price.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I looked at both and got the Polaris kit, glad I did.....Like Big-R say's they have everything you need in the kit. Also the axles
come complete with cv's I got mine off E-Bay $1475.00 shipped
Back to top Go down
Nocerisdave

Nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Superatv s conversion kit review   Superatv s conversion kit review EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 10:18 pm

UUUMMMM thats weird (secret door weird) I would a thought you should pony up and get the best first. Someone on here said sometimes you should spend the extra money to get the best or your an idiot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Superatv s conversion kit review   Superatv s conversion kit review EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 11:02 pm

Triel wrote:
Hey Jerry,

Thanks in advance!

I still run that kit and really like it. The rhino axles and cvs have been the best I have used. They are much better than the gorilla axles that I did have. One thing to note about this kit is that Tyler from superatv said the a-rms with this kit has a lifetime warranty and they will offer any spare parts you may need.. I'm pretty hard on my rzr and the superatv +5 kit has performed perfect.

As far as Justine (durarzr) goes, I seen him when he first got his kit and he was loving it. He ain't rode with us in a while. I think some of his other hobbies have taken priority. Next time we see him, he will probably have an XP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Superatv s conversion kit review   Superatv s conversion kit review Empty

Back to top Go down

Superatv s conversion kit review
Page 1 of 1