Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Slow leak around tire bead

Go down 
+2
ChrisC
HayStack
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Slow leak around tire bead Empty
PostSubject: Slow leak around tire bead   Slow leak around tire bead EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 10:49 pm

Takes about a week for rear tire to leak down,found tire was leaking around bead..What's good to put around the rim to stop leak but not so slick it would cause tire to spin on rim?
Back to top Go down
HayStack

PostSubject: Re: Slow leak around tire bead   Slow leak around tire bead EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:01 pm

Good ole coke cola 971386 It works great 431114
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Slow leak around tire bead   Slow leak around tire bead EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 11:59 pm

Coke for glue...... 431114
Back to top Go down
mason

mason

PostSubject: Re: Slow leak around tire bead   Slow leak around tire bead EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 7:11 am

take rubber hammer and hit rim and tire where it is leaking probaly has dirt between tire and rim
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: Slow leak around tire bead   Slow leak around tire bead EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 8:40 am

Take the wheel off, break the tire down and clean both of them and reinstall. A PIA, but really the right way. That is why I bought bead locks. It really solved my problems.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slow leak around tire bead   Slow leak around tire bead EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 12:13 pm

Thanks for the reply men...I tried the hammer thing and doing some cleaning...seems the leak is where (I guess the tire mold leaves theses things like rubber whiskers sticking up around the tire and some seem to fold back under the rim bead)

I'll try the coke thing and if that does not work will take it off and give it a good cleaning..Thanks again..
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Slow leak around tire bead   Slow leak around tire bead EmptyTue Aug 10, 2010 1:09 pm

most times bead leaks are from dirt getting between the bead and rim from tight turning in mud or dirt. Save yourself the headache and break the tire down and clean the tire bead and rim with alcohol and fix it right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Slow leak around tire bead   Slow leak around tire bead EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 8:15 pm

The coke around the bead worked,but this had been leaking from the time I bought it,new tires,new rims,so if dirt had been ground in around the bead it might not have worked out so good..

I thought it was still leaking because it was still losing air over time,I checked the bead with soap and water today ,no leak but found a punchure in center of tire(Don't tell Gunny)..More than likely did this on last ride when there was a lot of broken beer bottles on one of the trails..
Back to top Go down
mason

mason

PostSubject: Re: Slow leak around tire bead   Slow leak around tire bead EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 8:51 pm

i put bead seal on mine not leaking any more hope it stopped it
Back to top Go down
Nocerisdave

Nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Slow leak around tire bead   Slow leak around tire bead EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:44 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Slow leak around tire bead   Slow leak around tire bead Empty

Back to top Go down

Slow leak around tire bead
Page 1 of 1