Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Clutch kit install video with much needed info!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

Clutch kit install video with much needed info! Empty
PostSubject: Clutch kit install video with much needed info!   Clutch kit install video with much needed info! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 12:00 pm

If you are changing your secondary clutch from the Rapid reaction type found in all 2011 , 2010 regular and S models or all post 10-2008 build date regular RZR models( does not include the 09S) to the older tunable Team Roller or installing a Dirty Dawg full kit this may save you some headaches. Some including me have had a problem with the secondary spinning constantly making shifting between gears very hard and even grinding gears. This is what i found to fix the issue. :ride:

You need to add one or possibly 2 more shim's to the secondary shaft, mine had 2 now it has 3. I had the issue while installing my full clutch kit from Dirty Dawg. I went thru weeks of adding and removing shims from inside the secondary cause Dale thought that was where the problem was, even tried a new belt but nothing helped. I found out from watching a you tube video of a upgrade being done to a ranger where the tech stated to add additional shims to the secondary's shaft to get the proper alignment. My secondary was always spinning and i could only shift if i turned off the motor. Once i added the shim, all was perfect, and still works perfect. Here is the video, it shows adding 2 extra shims for a ranger but i found 1 did the trick on my RZR, also note this video is made by Team Industries the people that build the clutch systems for polaris.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/hBh7RwrhdQI&hl=en_US&fs=1?color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/hBh7RwrhdQI&hl=en_US&fs=1?color1=0xcc2550&color2=0xe87a9f" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>
Back to top Go down
Big Ed

Big Ed

PostSubject: Re: Clutch kit install video with much needed info!   Clutch kit install video with much needed info! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 2:59 pm

good info Gunny, Did you put the clutch kit back in yours or are still running the factory stuff?
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Clutch kit install video with much needed info!   Clutch kit install video with much needed info! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 3:43 pm

Big Ed wrote:
good info Gunny, Did you put the clutch kit back in yours or are still running the factory stuff?

Im running a 09 S secondary with a lime green spring and the same primary set up as 09 S.
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

PostSubject: Re: Clutch kit install video with much needed info!   Clutch kit install video with much needed info! EmptyWed Aug 11, 2010 5:23 pm

Here is a solid link. The video would not play on my PC.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
backwithavengenance

PostSubject: Re: Clutch kit install video with much needed info!   Clutch kit install video with much needed info! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 4:43 am

GunRunner wrote:
Big Ed wrote:

Im running a 09 S secondary with a lime green spring and the same primary set up as 09 S.

Hey Dave,
FYI, that is the SAME Clutch Spring setup that Holz uses with the Stage 3 Big Bore KIt with the exception that they run 62 gm Belly Buster Flyweights from EPI
Back to top Go down
sstandefer

sstandefer

PostSubject: Great info   Clutch kit install video with much needed info! EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:57 pm

very informative, something i haven't changed on my rzr but probably next mod .
Back to top Go down
http://www,s3ATVSalvage.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clutch kit install video with much needed info!   Clutch kit install video with much needed info! Empty

Back to top Go down

Clutch kit install video with much needed info!
Page 1 of 1