Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Using liquid nails for beadlock

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Using liquid nails for beadlock Empty
PostSubject: Using liquid nails for beadlock   Using liquid nails for beadlock EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 6:22 am

When I rode with the crawlers last weekend, I noticed that none of them had inner beadlocks on their wheels, They said they use liquid nails on the inner bead and that it is there to stay.. but the only thing is that you pretty much have to cut the tire off when changing.......At first, I thought I didn't want no part of that until I just noticed a chunk of my wheel missing on the inside bead which is leaking. It makes me wonder if I would have mounted the tire using the liquid nails if it would have strengthen my wheel and kept me from breaking a chunk of it off.....Anybody think its worth trying?
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Using liquid nails for beadlock   Using liquid nails for beadlock EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:03 am

I doubt it would have stopped it from breaking the wheel, but who knows. I guess if you air the tires way down like crawlers do then gluing the bead on would be helpful.
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: Using liquid nails for beadlock   Using liquid nails for beadlock EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 12:24 pm

Once upon a time in a garage far, far away I needed to remove a Bighorn tire from my Renegade rim. I didn't have my $50 tire machine with me. In my infinite wisdom I decided to change the tire without the little cheap machine. I reasoned that I could just cut it off. Why not, I even had my trusty DeWalt battery powered saw and a couple of charged batteries. Couldn't be that hard. Cutting most of the tire off was a breeze! UNTIL I tried to get the bead off. I don't remember how many steel wires there were in that bead but trust me, IT TOOK A LONG TIME to cut them into with side cutters. The saw was usless as you couldn't get the blade in there. It took me probably an hour to get it off. I WILL NEVER EVER CUT A TIRE OFF AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course, you may have better luck than I did.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Using liquid nails for beadlock   Using liquid nails for beadlock EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 8:33 pm

Roger , i did not know you had infinite wisdom........ 729242

Just drive up on the side of the tire with your truck and break
the bead , then you can roll it off with a couple of large screw drives..... 431114
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: Using liquid nails for beadlock   Using liquid nails for beadlock EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 6:59 am

I tried that but it just didn't work for some reason. Maybe if I had somebody helping watch might have helped. I didn't want to get too close and bust a rim. I will just keep my beadlocks. That way I can change a tire without much effort and I don't get dirt/mud/bark between the tire and wheel! cheers
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Using liquid nails for beadlock   Using liquid nails for beadlock EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 3:55 pm

badride wrote:
I tried that but it just didn't work for some reason. Maybe if I had somebody helping watch might have helped. I didn't want to get too close and bust a rim. I will just keep my beadlocks. That way I can change a tire without much effort and I don't get dirt/mud/bark between the tire and wheel! cheers

Just have your girlfriend stand out there and guide you
up on the tire. Make her earn her keep.... lol!
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: Using liquid nails for beadlock   Using liquid nails for beadlock EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 6:53 am

Can't do that, she might be mad at me and let me run up on the wheel and bust it.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Using liquid nails for beadlock   Using liquid nails for beadlock EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 7:00 am

badride wrote:
Can't do that, she might be mad at me and let me run up on the wheel and bust it.

Back to top Go down
Smokindiesel

Smokindiesel

PostSubject: Re: Using liquid nails for beadlock   Using liquid nails for beadlock EmptySun Mar 27, 2011 10:07 am

good sharp chisel always did the trick for me but we got one of them there trusty cheap tire machines we got it used for like 15 bucks best 15 we ever spent 971386
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using liquid nails for beadlock   Using liquid nails for beadlock Empty

Back to top Go down

Using liquid nails for beadlock
Page 1 of 1