Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

It's Official Something new is coming!!

Go down 
+10
mason
Top Dog
Big-R
badride
Big Ed
bush
Stealth
ChrisC
S
GunRunner
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Stealth

Stealth

It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 23, 2010 12:26 pm

Big Ed wrote:
Stealth wrote:
I just got word that it will be wider than the S. One of the truck drivers that deliver for polaris said to day that they are going to have to modfie there ramps that they were not wide enough.

I thought they came in crates on flat beds and were handled with forklifts? scratch

The RZR and Rangers come in rolling chassie in a box trailer double stacked and they are driven off the trucks. The truck drivers use a battery pack to start them. The dearlers have to install the roll cage and add the battery and there ready to go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 26, 2010 11:41 am

jerrzr wrote:
The new rzr sounds like its going to be racy to me. Listen to the end of this promo vide, he says "And now, RZR Performance taken to the extreme"
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/0tfFv9znvRs?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/0tfFv9znvRs?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

This is the direction I think polaris is going with the new class. Especially if it is wider as rumored. This is the way I look at it. The 4 and the 170 branched from the original 08 rzr into a new breed of rzr so to speak. But the S evolved directly from the 08 rzr and if you put the two stock machines beside each other, its easy to see the marked increase in performance. Now polaris is saying the new one is "RZR Performance taken to the extreme" and in their promo vid they define rzr performance as the ultimate combination of power, suspension, and agility. What kind of machine can I put beside the S and say the S was just the beginning and here is what it has evolved into 1/1/11? True, I am probably 100% wrong but It points in this direction to me.. but doing it RZR style

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/kWuJaK9vB5E?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/kWuJaK9vB5E?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>
Back to top Go down
wildmanMG

wildmanMG

PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 2:50 am

with Robbie Gordon testing the prototype you may be on the right track Jerry. i'm thinking of a baja type racer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:18 pm

Not to change the subject Wildman but do you know the Alan brothers from there that build their own rock crawlers?
Back to top Go down
wildmanMG

wildmanMG

PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 9:25 am

boliver wrote:
Not to change the subject Wildman but do you know the Alan brothers from there that build their own rock crawlers?

Name rings a bell. I think I have heard of them but don't know them personally.
Back to top Go down
wildmanMG

wildmanMG

PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 6:10 pm

Ok after reading through some threads on some of the other forums I'm making my speculation.

1) New engine around 850 true cc's with 90hp at the crank.

2) 6 inches wider than the current S model which would make it around 66 inches wide.

3) Longer wheel base than the current S around 80 to 87 inches.

4) Higher ground clearance at around 13.5 to 14 inches.

5) Will do smoky burnouts on pavement at the touch of the throttle lol.

Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 8:13 pm

if its 66 inches wide , it wont do any of us a dam bit of good.
no matter how much power it has.
cause it wont fit through the tree's at Brimstone.
and that is a total deal breaker for me.... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Stumpduster

Stumpduster

PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 10:45 pm

Maybe Jerrzr is on to something.
A new class of side by sides? hmmm, sport/ute ......say they take a 850 and tweak it a little = 900,960 whatever they want to call it. Now stick that into a Ranger 400 sized (Polaris calls it "Mid-size") vehicle, and add some improved "S" style suspension under it and you would have a direct competitor for the Commanders. This would allow them to continue to claim Rzr is the only true sport style SxS ………….never mind, I’m just typing out loud!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 12:07 am

Stumpduster wrote:
Maybe Jerrzr is on to something.
A new class of side by sides? hmmm, sport/ute ......say they take a 850 and tweak it a little = 900,960 whatever they want to call it. Now stick that into a Ranger 400 sized (Polaris calls it "Mid-size") vehicle, and add some improved "S" style suspension under it and you would have a direct competitor for the Commanders. This would allow them to continue to claim Rzr is the only true sport style SxS ………….never mind, I’m just typing out loud!

Nothing wrong with typing out loud....but beware of it because it usually makes you look like an a$$! I know because I've done it several times 729242
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 6:59 am

I don't think it will be for us. I think it will be wider and built for the west coast guys. So I wouldn't put mine up for sale yet.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 1:38 pm

The biggest thing people have to realize is , alot of our
folks done got there buggy decked out with doors , roof , winch
and all kinds of stuff that may not fit on a whole new designed machine.

that mean you got to start completely over.
and spend 18 to 20 grand all over again.

I bet a lot of people ant ready to do that for a machine
they have not even had a year.... 431114
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 5:07 pm

I dont want one and dont even know what it is 729242 Mines fixed up and paid for lol! but im sure people will be lined up to get them.
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:04 pm

I just hope the engine fits the current models. That way I can upgrade my RZR to long travel and 1000cc.

I agree with you guys that it will be a West Coast Duner. Running around 66" wide, longer, and taller. All of the trails I ride are narrow and my buddies in their S's follow me everywhere. 6" more is not really that bad. You just have to have a skinny one like the RZR when you ride tight trails.
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 6:49 am

It just all depends on where you ride. 6 more inches won't cut it where I ride. I had to sell my beadlocks that came on my S and have original S wheels beadlocked just because the other wheels made mine 3" wider and I was having a really hard time getting it through a couple of trails. And several other trails it was just slowing me down. One trail is 57 at Windrock. You have to fit between two rocks about twice as big as a RZR. You can't go around. A standard width RZR S has a hard time making it. I have even thought about selling my Jeep and buying a Redline Revolt just to play with. The 66" width is what is holding me back.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 7:12 am

You need something to hold you back Roger.
you spend to much money ..... lol!
you don't have anymore power steering units to sale.... Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 12:57 pm

Whats wrong with having the best of both worlds. If this new rzr is a bad as rumored I wont be able to resist it. I will give it a year in production so the bugs can be worked out. I said the same about the commander but it fell way short of my expectation. This one will probably fall short too..it just depends, but I will always keep my old rzr regardless
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 5:22 pm

Well here it is, the new rzr will be 88 hp from a 875cc motor, polaris couldnt shut the goverment up from spilling the beans, check out the info on the CARB site, here. Its called the ranger rzr xp

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bush

bush

PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 7:07 pm

cheers 547228 780798 208555
Back to top Go down
wildmanMG

wildmanMG

PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 8:37 pm

875cc with Polaris marketing that would make it a 900 and with 88hp thats gonna be a blast to drive I bet. I really cant wait to see what it looks like now.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:19 am

Yal would shit , if it was a Ranger with a 900 motor in it.
it would let the air out of a lot of sails.... 729242
Back to top Go down
bush

bush

PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:29 am

ChrisC wrote:

Yal would shit , if it was a Ranger with a 900 motor in it.
it would let the air out of a lot of sails.... 729242

i like.

i would like a sporty ranger. 196705
Back to top Go down
Nocerisdave

Nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 2:47 am

I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 01, 2011 10:16 am

Nocerisdave wrote:
I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cheers Its a first, I agree with Dave-- I want one too!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Official Something new is coming!!   It's Official Something new is coming!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

It's Official Something new is coming!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2