Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Well damn have you seen this happen

Go down 
+2
ChrisC
Nocerisdave
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nocerisdave

Nocerisdave

Well damn have you seen this happen Empty
PostSubject: Well damn have you seen this happen   Well damn have you seen this happen EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:43 am

Any body have a front diff for a 09 S. Sprague carrier was in good shape. Notice the new one I bought from Super ATV. It looks like the pinion bearing went to hell and well the pinion and clutch (spider) gear is screwed. Oh well play you gotta pay right?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Nocerisdave

Nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Well damn have you seen this happen   Well damn have you seen this happen EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 12:48 am

Oh by the way I left the diff out popped out the outer cv's and I am gonna ride two wheel tomorrow. Should be interesting.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Well damn have you seen this happen   Well damn have you seen this happen EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 3:19 am

Damn Dave , you tore some shit up..... Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Well damn have you seen this happen   Well damn have you seen this happen EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 6:16 am

Did all of that carnage give you any warning or did it just let go all at once? The reason I ask is that I have the al sprague also but when under heavy stress, my diff will make a loud pop from time to time temporary ceasing front wheel drive........aint figured out whats going on with it yet scratch
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Well damn have you seen this happen   Well damn have you seen this happen EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:27 am

Was the front diff fluid contaminated, how often did you change it?
Back to top Go down
rzrscott

PostSubject: Re: Well damn have you seen this happen   Well damn have you seen this happen EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 4:53 pm

jerrzr wrote:
Did all of that carnage give you any warning or did it just let go all at once? The reason I ask is that I have the al sprague also but when under heavy stress, my diff will make a loud pop from time to time temporary ceasing front wheel drive........aint figured out whats going on with it yet scratch

If it is popping you pull it before you do more damage. That is what mine did the last time 2 pops and done. complete re build...again
Back to top Go down
Nocerisdave

Nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Well damn have you seen this happen   Well damn have you seen this happen EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 9:06 pm

After sinking it in that creek I change it 5 times, all within about 30 minutes, before it wasnt milky, and once since then. Since the pinion bearing came apart It damaged the seal....I would guess thats why it all the trash was in there. It did give warning so I unhooked the prop shaft, from both the front and rear diff, and road in two wheel a couple of times. The sound it made was consistent with what I have read about from folks who had the bearing carrier come apart.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Well damn have you seen this happen   Well damn have you seen this happen EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 11:13 pm

Good luck with the re build Dave 431114
Back to top Go down
Nocerisdave

Nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Well damn have you seen this happen   Well damn have you seen this happen EmptySun Feb 13, 2011 1:44 am

Anyone that sees a diff for sale let me know please. Those parts OEM are about $550.00.
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

PostSubject: Re: Well damn have you seen this happen   Well damn have you seen this happen EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 8:45 pm

Yeah, the S cage is around $600 OEM and I can get one on Ebay (think one of you guys make it. It looks like the bottom right picture in the banner above) for around $850. And the after market one is way better. OEM really breaks it off in ya!

Will keep an eye out for you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
Nocerisdave

Nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Well damn have you seen this happen   Well damn have you seen this happen EmptyMon Feb 14, 2011 9:28 pm

Triel wrote:
Yeah, the S cage is around $600 OEM and I can get one on Ebay (think one of you guys make it. It looks like the bottom right picture in the banner above) for around $850. And the after market one is way better. OEM really breaks it off in ya!

Will keep an eye out for you.

Triel I am not sure if you are talking about the whole diff or not. But the aluminum bearing carrier you see is from Super ATV for $140.00. There are a couple of OEM dealers that sell a complete diff for $850.00. Since I already have the carrier I would like to get a used one at a cheaper price.
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

PostSubject: Re: Well damn have you seen this happen   Well damn have you seen this happen EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:01 am

I should have made myself clearer. I was talking about the roll cage. Sorry, forgot people call the part of the dif a cage.

Ebay has a few. This one looks like crap, but internals are good.

Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

PostSubject: Re: Well damn have you seen this happen   Well damn have you seen this happen EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:10 am

From another site

Quote :
Front Gearcase input pinion brgs
1)SKF 61906 or Fafnir 9306k $30
1)SKF 16006 or SNF 16006 $20
1)Polaris seal kit needed comes with quad ring to seal pinion cap and oring to seal main case cap also 3 30mmx40mmx4mm double lip oil seals
Kit part #2203729 $35

Edited to prevent me from being stupid! 729242

Last edited by Triel on Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nocerisdave

Nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: Well damn have you seen this happen   Well damn have you seen this happen EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 12:28 am

Triel wrote:
From another site

Quote :
Front Gearcase input pinion brgs
1)SKF 61906 or Fafnir 9306k $30
1)SKF 16006 or SNF 16006 $20
1)Polaris seal kit needed comes with quad ring to seal pinion cap and oring to seal main case cap also 3 30mmx40mmx4mm double lip oil seals
Kit part #2203729 $35

Hell, I am not opossed to you sending it to me and getting my aftermarket warranty to cover it. I have blown out two inner CV joints, I already have them off, and just take the shaft into the dealer. Then they rebuild it and get full money. I used to work at a Ford dealer for 7 years and the guys at the Polaris dealer just let me do the work. They are so backed up that they actually are happy to help me!

The pinion and ring or clutch gear have damage. Chunks out of most all the teeth. I dont think I could get by with just a bearing and seal kit.

PM sent.
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: Well damn have you seen this happen   Well damn have you seen this happen EmptyTue Feb 15, 2011 7:20 am

I hate you had this happen. I haven't had a problem with mine but I installed the Holz sprague and their billet pinion support.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Well damn have you seen this happen   Well damn have you seen this happen Empty

Back to top Go down

Well damn have you seen this happen
Page 1 of 1