Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Registering for the street.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
RCjohn

RCjohn

Registering for the street. Empty
PostSubject: Registering for the street.   Registering for the street. EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 2:09 pm

Why is it that I can buy a chassis kit for a rail buggy, weld it together then go to the DMV and get it licensed and registered for the street but you can't register a RZR except with lots of additions and road restrictions?

Is it a VIN number thing, manufacturer thing, or what?
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: Registering for the street.   Registering for the street. EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 2:24 pm

I don't know, but what I do know is that the Oliver Springs Bussiness Association is almost ready to bring up to the city counsel meeting a proposal to let 4 wheelers and side by sides be able to drive on some of the city and county roads. So hopefully at least you won't have to worry about it there. Brimstone had approved a similar proposal a year or so ago but someone complained to the state and they shut it down. But, Brimstone management got their state senator to introduce a bill to make it legal. The bill was the "Tennessee Adventure Tourism Bill" which the govenor signed a month or so ago which will allow city and county governments to allow ATVs & side by sides to drive on certain roads if passed by a 2/3s majority. This will be a BIG boost to the area if the local governments will pass it. Then you could drive your side by side to town to eat and get gas.
Back to top Go down
RCjohn

RCjohn

PostSubject: Re: Registering for the street.   Registering for the street. EmptyThu Sep 22, 2011 4:01 pm

So that bill is waiting to be voted on?

I need to contact my rep about that. Julia needs to know dammit.
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: Registering for the street.   Registering for the street. EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:56 am

RCjohn wrote:

The bill was signed into law. Now it is just up to each city and or county governments to pass a city or county ordinance to allow it.
Back to top Go down
RCjohn

RCjohn

PostSubject: Re: Registering for the street.   Registering for the street. EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:24 pm

badride wrote:
RCjohn wrote:

The bill was signed into law. Now it is just up to each city and or county governments to pass a city or county ordinance to allow it.

Yeah, found that online. Is Windrock in Roane County? I noticed that the Bill covering this was a Yager bill. I would think that could work in our favor in this area.
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: Registering for the street.   Registering for the street. EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 1:30 pm

RCjohn wrote:
badride wrote:
RCjohn wrote:

Yeah, found that online. Is Windrock in Roane County? I noticed that the Bill covering this was a Yager bill. I would think that could work in our favor in this area.

I think most of it is in Anderson county. John, at the Windminn Inn is the "President" of the Oliver Springs Bussiness Association. From what I have been told, they are going to try to get Oliver Springs on board first then they will work on the county.
Back to top Go down
RCjohn

RCjohn

PostSubject: Re: Registering for the street.   Registering for the street. EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 4:26 pm

Sounds like a good plan.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Registering for the street.   Registering for the street. EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:42 pm

It would be nice to drive an RZR on the Street........ yes1
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Registering for the street.   Registering for the street. Empty

Back to top Go down

Registering for the street.
Page 1 of 1