Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

The xp best dealer?

Go down 
+4
ChrisC
edge22
Top Dog
mkrazr
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
mkrazr

mkrazr

The xp best dealer? Empty
PostSubject: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 2:00 pm

i have about talked myself into an xp i usually have found the best price at ritchie's is anyone else selling the xp cheaper, Also does anyone know if the roof and windshield from an s will work on the xp? What changed from the 2011 to 2012 xp, ritchies has one 2011 that is just a little cheaper did they make some upgrades to make the 2012 better or is it the same? any advice is appreciated!! lovetits
Back to top Go down
Top Dog

Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 2:57 pm

I got mine at Richie Powersports, yes the windshield and roof will work. They say they changed the front a-arm geometry but I can't tell and the OS handle bar is square not round.
Back to top Go down
http://www.topdogawards.com
edge22
edge22

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 5:56 pm

Im going to say Ritchie, well they had the best prices last year when I bought mine. Oh yea if you get one I want your speaker box out of your old one if it does not fit 85565
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 6:00 pm

call VP Power Sports in ooltewah tn ...just south on 75 about 30 mins from richies .423-238-4321...they r right on the interstate.they had a bunch of xps last week ...they will beat there price ...ask for shed or jamie ...tell them the locksmith told u to call them
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 9:41 pm

RedNeckRanger wrote:
call VP Power Sports in ooltewah tn ...just south on 75 about 30 mins from richies .423-238-4321...they r right on the interstate.they had a bunch of xps last week ...they will beat there price ...ask for shed or jamie ...tell them the locksmith told u to call them

Craig , if they know you told them to come.
They may through them out of the store..... icon13

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 12:03 am

mkrazr wrote:
i have about talked myself into an xp i usually have found the best price at ritchie's is anyone else selling the xp cheaper, Also does anyone know if the roof and windshield from an s will work on the xp? What changed from the 2011 to 2012 xp, ritchies has one 2011 that is just a little cheaper did they make some upgrades to make the 2012 better or is it the same? any advice is appreciated!! lovetits

I think, If I had all that work you have to do on your S, I would just go ahead and get the XP. But pm Roger first because he rides like us and get his take on how it handles. Maybe he let you try it out.. We did notice that he had a rear bent radius rod (heavy duty) this Sat. No telling when he did that and I dont think he did it Saturday because it was a calm ride.

Oh, the key is in the lock so come get the trailor anytime and if you come back with a XP, I get to be the first to drive it Laughing
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:18 am

I think the XP motor over all is a LOT better than an S. And with a good dual exhaust it sounds pretty good too.

My XP just doesn't handle as well as my S. That isn't to say the XP is bad, just different.

I haven't noticed a problem with the extra width at Windrock but, I haven't been over to Moe's trail on the WMA. The jury is still out on this one.

The best thing I have done to the XP was to put power steering on it. In stock form the XP is a PITA to steer compared to an S. But now it is REALLY easy. In twisty trails power steering will make you faster than adding more HP.

The trailing arms haven't been a problem like I thought they might but, I haven't been on 39 yet either.

The stock XP cage looks like crap! Cut 5-6 inches out of the back, it will look much better plus it will be easier to clear some of the low trees, lower the center of gravity just a little and put your speakers closer if you have them in the roof.

Like Jerry said, I put the heavy duty Racer Tech radius arms on mine and the right bottom one is already bent. I have not idea when I did it. It shouldn't be a problem to get straight. If it had been a stock one it would have been really bad!
Back to top Go down
mkrazr

mkrazr

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:19 am

ok thanks for the input guys, i called vp powersports this morning they are getting back to me on some pricing, going down to ritchies later and maybe to vp to see how bad i can get screwed trading mine in for one. Wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 10:38 am

Seems like the arms are a weak design for woods riders, stock ones are a joke and bend super easy, the high dollar replacements dont hold up either, seems like from already seeing several sets bent. Somebody will figure out something to protect them one day or maybe a retro a-arm set up to shit can that whole swingarm setup would be better.
Back to top Go down
mkrazr

mkrazr

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 7:55 pm

ritchies has an xp that is decked out with a price tag of 24k 918999 , it has all tony's toys accesories on it they have some radius arms that look like they are the real deal they are bent up out of the way and look to be made of some heavy duty material, so people with a xp should check them out i was impressed i looked at the racer tech one's to see how much my future problems would cost because i'm sure i will bend some, the tony's toys look a lot better in my opinion and stronger..... i did not go home with an xp today, but i think i'll have one in time to ride saturday 431114 vp powersports did have better prices than ritchies for future buyers i talked to the jamie guy he seemed to be real nice and professional and good to deal with.
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:31 pm

Any idea what kind of trade in they will give you?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 8:47 pm

If you are able to ride Saturday, lets run T39 backwards from the way we ran it before. Its a fun trail and wasn't that bad the last time I ran it (it was the day Rooster about hit me in the big white truck 729242)
Back to top Go down
mkrazr

mkrazr

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyTue Sep 27, 2011 9:35 pm

you know i cant say no but i'd hate to run 39 in my new rig lol thats just asking to break something!

they were going to give me somewhere around 7500 for my 2010 s...... but it's rough! i'm just going to sell it out pretty cheap to somone
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 6:26 am

Just remember, if you trade it in you save the taxes on the trade in value so you really need to find out how much tax you will save to be able to determine exactly how much to ask for it to make sure you come out.

Jerry, if your going to ride Saturday let me know. I called the package store, they stocked up so I am riding for sure.
Back to top Go down
mkrazr

mkrazr

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 8:19 am

roger it was going to save me about 500 on taxes, so i'm just going to try to sell mine out for somewhere around 8500 if you all know anyone who wants one, needs a little tlc 572317
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:00 am

mkrazr wrote:
roger it was going to save me about 500 on taxes, so i'm just going to try to sell mine out for somewhere around 8500 if you all know anyone who wants one, needs a little tlc 572317

What a deal! Someone should jump on that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 10:54 am

badride wrote:
Just remember, if you trade it in you save the taxes on the trade in value so you really need to find out how much tax you will save to be able to determine exactly how much to ask for it to make sure you come out.

Jerry, if your going to ride Saturday let me know. I called the package store, they stocked up so I am riding for sure.

As of now, I plan on riding Sat but I will defintly let you know something for sure later in the week.. Hopefully mkrazr will have a ride by then and can go also. But for now ,It will just be me.

Hey mkrazr, have you considered holding out and seeing what the Wild Cat turns out to be? Here is a one sided comparison video between the wild cat, commander and xp:
<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/-mqqThXilH4?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/-mqqThXilH4?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="360"></object>
Back to top Go down
mkrazr

mkrazr

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:13 pm

i had considered that, they look pretty sweet, i have never seen prices or when dealers will get them, and i have heard they dont back up their products like they should?
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 12:56 pm

mkrazr has a nice rzr so I wouldn't think it will last long at that price.
Either way he will have a ride so he should go saturday. You two need to get your hunting license and WMA small game stamp and lets go to WMA Saturday.
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 8:21 pm

Jerry I am riding sat.

The wild cat does look and sound impressive for sure, looks like you would get really muddy on it though...
Back to top Go down
mkrazr

mkrazr

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:14 pm

i was thinking the same thing about the wildcat, I just sold the S so i should be a xp owner within the next 48hrs im excited..... Jerry, i'll get your trailer back to you in time for saturday! thanks for letting me borrow it, see if you can get stacy to ride with us sat.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyWed Sep 28, 2011 9:48 pm

Post pics of your new machine soon as you get it..... cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 12:35 am

mkrazr wrote:
i was thinking the same thing about the wildcat, I just sold the S so i should be a xp owner within the next 48hrs im excited..... Jerry, i'll get your trailer back to you in time for saturday! thanks for letting me borrow it, see if you can get stacy to ride with us sat.

Cool! I'll give stacrzr a shout. I think we can talk him into it and then he'll be hooked again til spring. It looks like we have a fast group of people riding Saturday who likes doing the same kind of things--Sometimes I ride so hard, I scare myself so bad that I have to stop and pee a lot (or maybe its when I hear Roger open up his XP behind me that scares me---His XP sounds killer) and sometimes I need those extended breaks to rest and wait for my rzr to cool down so it will start affraid

I would like to run and learn some of the WMA trails with Roger, but I dont know if that will work for all of us Sat. especially you having a new machien it will take time to get use to it and I dont know how long I will be able to ride Sat so we might want to stay on trails we know. Just dont know yet on the WMA---what do you guys think.

Riding Saturday: Badride, jerrzr, edge22, mkrazr and hopfully stacrzr.
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 7:04 am

I can't wait! Unless an emergency comes up or the temperature isn't going to get above freezing all day or it will be pouring rain ALL day I will be riding every Saturday until after Memorial Day. 431114
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? EmptyThu Sep 29, 2011 9:34 am

badride wrote:
I can't wait! Unless an emergency comes up or the temperature isn't going to get above freezing all day or it will be pouring rain ALL day I will be riding every Saturday until after Memorial Day. 431114

Between you, me, mkrazr, winchworm and once stacrzr kicks into his riding season, I'm most certain one of us will be on the mountain every sat no matter what the weather. But one thing for sure is that I will be there this Saturday--but for now, I dont dont think we can get everybody on the same page with getting their WMA permits before Sat but I dont know....if not this sat maybe plan for it next Sat.......?????

I plan on being in the parking lot around 9 Sat. morning.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The xp best dealer?   The xp best dealer? Empty

Back to top Go down

The xp best dealer?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next