Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Bajacross tires

Go down 
+6
The Big Show
roadie
ChrisC
GunRunner
badride
mkrazr
10 posters
AuthorMessage
mkrazr

mkrazr

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 10:57 am

I know everyone here is a big horn fan as i am, but i'm looking to upgrade on my xp to something a little stronger, every ride i have to put plugs in my tires, weight is not an issue i'd rather not be plugging tires every trip. Has anyone used the Bajacross they are an 8ply......... i know the pitbulls were suppposed to be good and witnessed first hand by jerrzrs ride that they sucked! Does anyone have any suggestions on a tire the rocks wont pinch as easily?
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 11:44 am

Just remember, air pressure is your friend, run as much as you can and still get traction. If I am going to rock crawl I will let it down to 5-6# but, you half to take it easy. If I am going to haul a$$ on the trails I will pump them up to around 9-10#.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 1:54 pm

I saw a set of bajacross on a rzr they lokked good, but more like a truck tread to me. hard to beat bighorns, pittbulls suck
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 2:28 pm

Bighorns Rule... cheers
Back to top Go down
mkrazr

mkrazr

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 3:18 pm

i rode with a guy this weekend who had them and seemed to like them on a teryx, but i dont wanna be the test dummie with the rzr rather waste my $ on 971386 866808
Back to top Go down
roadie

roadie

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 4:52 pm

I had BH there a nice tire if you don't mind getting flats every 20 miles or so. I'm running the Bajacross tires now and 700 miles and no flats. BH last me about 200 -300 miles before I would have to through them out . There would be to many pluges in the sidewalls to keep them aired up. Tire tubes are your best friend when you run BH.[img][You must be registered and logged in to see this image.][/img]
Back to top Go down
The Big Show

The Big Show

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 7:19 pm

I have always ran BH's, but have found their new replacement!!! GBC Grim Reapers
are the new king of the hill IMHO!!! They are an 8 ply radial with built in rim guard.
These tires ride smooth and dig great when your in mud or climbing hills!!! They
wear like iron just like the BH's.

Last edited by The Big Show on Tue Nov 22, 2011 4:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mason

mason

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyMon Nov 21, 2011 9:36 pm

i have grim reapers and love them wouldn't have anything else 431114
Back to top Go down
stacrzr

stacrzr

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 7:37 am

The GBC Grims look good, like terra cross on steriods......
Back to top Go down
http://smalenovsky@gmail.com
mkrazr

mkrazr

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 8:45 am

how are the sizes on the grim's, is a 26 really a 26 or is a 26 really a 27 like big horn?
Back to top Go down
The Big Show

The Big Show

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 7:54 pm

mkrazr wrote:
how are the sizes on the grim's, is a 26 really a 26 or is a 26 really a 27 like big horn?

The Grim Reapers run close to true in size. I think my 26's run 26 1/14'' with 8lbs tire pressure. Pull
the trigger on these you won't be disappointed!!!!
Back to top Go down
mkrazr

mkrazr

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 7:58 pm

thanks for the help folks
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts

Mud-and-Guts

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 9:34 am

The Big Show wrote:
mkrazr wrote:

The Grim Reapers run close to true in size. I think my 26's run 26 1/14'' with 8lbs tire pressure. Pull
the trigger on these you won't be disappointed!!!!

X2

many of you know I have tried several different tires and the Grim Reaper is by far the best tire I have ran for the way I like to ride... I have never tried the Big Horn but personally I have always liked being different so I always looked for something better... lol Knowing how well the Grim Reapers did I just got a set of GBC's Dirt Commanders in and plan on mounting them and trying them out this Saturday at Pickett.. You all are all invited if you want to join us!

I did try a set of Motorsport alloys motogrip tires which look similar to the BajaCross and was not impressed with traction due to tread design. They did great in the hard pack and if they had a root or something to bite to they would go but if wet but it took a lot more tire spin..
Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
Top Dog

Top Dog

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 1:32 pm

I had Baja cross tires on my rzr 800 and thought they were the great, longest lasting, rock climbed really well, I have bighorns on my XP right now and do not care for them at all, I will be ordering a set of 28" baja cross tires very soon on 14" beadlocks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.topdogawards.com
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 4:08 pm

Might want to rethink the 14'' wheels, they are nothing but flat magnets, worthless, been there done that.
Back to top Go down
Top Dog

Top Dog

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 4:14 pm

Why are they flat magnets? I was told I will get less tire sidewall roll with 14" wheels. The bighorns don't seam to hook up well in a fast corner situation. I have been endurance racing at durhamtown and it really gets squirly coming hot out of a corner on hard pack or the slick stuff. I do like them for slow trail riding, but don't think they have anything in the tread pattern to keep you from sliding out.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 10:40 pm

14's are just less sidewall , why more pinch prone.... yes1
Back to top Go down

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyThu Dec 01, 2011 11:37 pm

ChrisC wrote:

14's are just less sidewall , why more pinch prone.... yes1

X2- Overall, 14" wheels SUCK! Also, if you have 14"bead lock wheels and a tire with that thick rim protector, you risk the beadlock ring digging into the tire causing it to leak. This is exactly what happen to my over glorified pittbull rockers. So one thing I learned from that is that I will never put a tire with that thick rim protector on a bead lock rim--its not a good idea. I could go into the mechanics behind it but a doubt anyone would want to hear it geek study
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 10:29 am

Here's what happens, in off road situations 14'' wheels just suck, you have a very small sidewall, hit any rock or stump or other debris on the track or trail and it compresses down cutting a slit in two places on the tire by the rim edge, the only way to stop it would be to run a high tire pressure but that still is no guarantee. Now if everywhere you ride is smooth and clean you might get by with them. On 12''s all you need to do to get what you want is bump up the air pressure for high speed, let it down for trails.
Back to top Go down
Top Dog

Top Dog

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 11:18 am

Would you have the same risk of a pinch with a 14" rim and 28" tire as a 12" rim and 26" tire? Wouldn't they both would have 7" of sidewall.

Last edited by Top Dog on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 11:19 am

Same reason the motocross guys run 19" rims and the enduro/gncc racers run 18". The 19" has less side wall and will handle better on the track because they have less flex. The 18" has more sidewall and gets better traction in the woods because you can vary the air pressure to accomidate for the conditions and be less likely to pinch a tube.

You couldn't give me a brand new set of 14" wheels if I had to keep them and use them. Now, if I could sell them that would be a different story. cheers
Back to top Go down
Top Dog

Top Dog

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 11:24 am

badride wrote:
Same reason the motocross guys run 19" rims and the enduro/gncc racers run 18". The 19" has less side wall and will handle better on the track because they have less flex. The 18" has more sidewall and gets better traction in the woods because you can vary the air pressure to accomidate for the conditions and be less likely to pinch a tube.

You couldn't give me a brand new set of 14" wheels if I had to keep them and use them. Now, if I could sell them that would be a different story. cheers

I agree, it all comes down to what kind of riding you will be doing. I think I will keep the 12"s and BH's for trails but will go 14"s and 28"s Bajacross for racing. The race course is very well groomed and is very smooth, there is no rocks, roots, etc. It is basically like a 14 mile hard packed dirt road.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 2:02 pm

in that case you will probily be ok, till you get lazy and go trail riding with them, then Call us if you need tire plugs 882779
Back to top Go down
Top Dog

Top Dog

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:04 pm

lol, I carry tony of plugs and a compressor. Man, I didn't think adding a lightbar would be such a pain, I just installed a 32" Dragon Fire stealth lightbar, they sent me bolts that were too short for the clamps, so off to the hardware store I go.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires EmptyFri Dec 02, 2011 4:58 pm

Yes that happens to me all the time lol! gotta love ace hardware and the fastener section!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bajacross tires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bajacross tires   Bajacross tires Empty

Back to top Go down

Bajacross tires
Page 1 of 1