Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Man killed himself at Windrock

Go down 
+3
mkrazr
aweisgarber
badride
7 posters
AuthorMessage
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

Man killed himself at Windrock Empty
PostSubject: Man killed himself at Windrock   Man killed himself at Windrock EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 7:08 am

A guy riding a 4 wheeler killed himself Saturday at Windrock. Details are sketchy but it looks like the guy was by himself. Somebody came by and found him somewhere between 57 & 53. He had a map out on his seat and left his helmet on it. I don't know who he was or where he was from.
Back to top Go down
aweisgarber

PostSubject: Re: Man killed himself at Windrock   Man killed himself at Windrock EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:23 am

Sounds fishy,why a map?
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: Man killed himself at Windrock   Man killed himself at Windrock EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:26 am

I can't even find anything about it in ANY papers or on the web. I confirmed the info with Brent the Coal Creek manager yesterday but it sure isn't in the news that I have found yet. It doesn't make since why he would have a map out and then kill himself.
Back to top Go down
mkrazr

mkrazr

PostSubject: Re: Man killed himself at Windrock   Man killed himself at Windrock EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 8:30 am

When i came off the mountain about 5 i was wondering why there were several cops and an ambulance in the parking lot
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man killed himself at Windrock   Man killed himself at Windrock EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 9:47 am

badride wrote:
A guy riding a 4 wheeler killed himself Saturday at Windrock. Details are sketchy but it looks like the guy was by himself. Somebody came by and found him somewhere between 57 & 53. He had a map out on his seat and left his helmet on it. I don't know who he was or where he was from.

There was an apparent suicide. The called in reports got a little sketchy. We arrived in the parking lot Saturday evening to find the Sheriff and Ambulance from out group ride. We talked and they said they had a call that someone had been shot on Trail 17. We took the Rescue squad and deputy up to Trail 17 After much running around and searching the area it was determined by dispatch that there were two calls. Briceville was the given location but I believe from what was found out, G53 is the haul road and the Truck Marker Sign 17 was the location. You know those signs you see on the Haul Roads for the Coal Trucks to pull over.

Now here is the weird thing. We had a group ride. About 3pm we went to the Radar Base coming off T57 from Clinchmore up G53. When we came out of the Radar Base there was an older gentlemen dressed in Camo on a Camo CanAm. He had a map or something out looking at it. Anyways he looked to be a hunter or something. No Orange on but Camo. He was sitting on G53 on the side trail that goes up to the Radar Base. Not the main road. but the other trail. He waved and smiled as we went by.

Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: Man killed himself at Windrock   Man killed himself at Windrock EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 10:11 am

I wonder why it hasn't been on the news?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man killed himself at Windrock   Man killed himself at Windrock EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 11:06 am

Not sure why it was not on the news. Like I said, there was alot of confusion as to where it was exactly. After it all came out and we were down in the parking lot talking, we remembered the guy sitting up there on G53. We told Ray and the deputy about that. I am not sure it was even him. We did not pass anyone on Trail 57, G53 or other places up in that area.
Back to top Go down
rzrrider1

rzrrider1

PostSubject: Re: Man killed himself at Windrock   Man killed himself at Windrock EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 1:25 pm

3859 This is terrible news.... thissux
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Man killed himself at Windrock   Man killed himself at Windrock EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:23 pm

Dang , i hate to hear this... Sad
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: Man killed himself at Windrock   Man killed himself at Windrock EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 2:37 pm

Yeah, I hated to hear it too but it just seems weird that it didn't make the news ANYWHERE.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Man killed himself at Windrock   Man killed himself at Windrock EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 3:40 pm

badride wrote:
Yeah, I hated to hear it too but it just seems weird that it didn't make the news ANYWHERE.

It may be that they have not notified the next of kin yet.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Man killed himself at Windrock   Man killed himself at Windrock EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 4:27 pm

Just cant see a man getting a map out , like he is trying to find something,
then kill his self. seems strange to me...... scratch
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Man killed himself at Windrock   Man killed himself at Windrock EmptyMon Nov 28, 2011 5:19 pm

Sad but tis the season, the holidays are not the best time for a lot of people.
Back to top Go down
bush

bush

PostSubject: Re: Man killed himself at Windrock   Man killed himself at Windrock EmptySat Dec 03, 2011 2:55 am

almost all suicides are not put on the news. i know we never report them to the news unless its seems fishy. and only half of what you hear about stuff like this is true. 90% of suicdes the people leave a note. all the ones i have been on there was a note.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Man killed himself at Windrock   Man killed himself at Windrock Empty

Back to top Go down

Man killed himself at Windrock
Page 1 of 1