Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Polaris, good for America

Go down 
+3
ChrisC
rzrrider1
GunRunner
7 posters
AuthorMessage
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

Polaris, good for America Empty
PostSubject: Polaris, good for America   Polaris, good for America EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 2:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
rzrrider1

rzrrider1

PostSubject: Re: Polaris, good for America   Polaris, good for America EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 3:14 pm

431114 Polaris, good for America 409795
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Polaris, good for America   Polaris, good for America EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 11:46 pm

cheers
Back to top Go down
mason

mason

PostSubject: Re: Polaris, good for America   Polaris, good for America EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 9:25 am

547228 Polaris, good for America 89060 Polaris, good for America 495779
Back to top Go down
RCjohn

RCjohn

PostSubject: Re: Polaris, good for America   Polaris, good for America EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 3:34 pm

That's cool but I'm not going to pat their backs too much considering they moved facilities to Mexico after obtaining that nice fat DoD contract.
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: Polaris, good for America   Polaris, good for America EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 6:45 am

RCjohn wrote:
That's cool but I'm not going to pat their backs too much considering they moved facilities to Mexico after obtaining that nice fat DoD contract.

I agree!

Can Am shut down a plant in Canada and built one in Mexico too.
Back to top Go down
RCjohn

RCjohn

PostSubject: Re: Polaris, good for America   Polaris, good for America EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:44 am

badride wrote:
RCjohn wrote:

I agree!

They should change their name to MexiCan Am? lol!
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: Polaris, good for America   Polaris, good for America EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:28 am

RCjohn wrote:
badride wrote:
RCjohn wrote:

I agree!

No, just Mexi Can. The American part is no longer needed as that came from the time when the Can Am dirt bikes were made with American help.

In 1973, under the direction and leadership of an American Engineer named Gary Robinson and former motocross World Champion, Jeff Smith working with a team of California desert racers, Can-Am began producing motocross and enduro bikes using engines provided by the Austrian Rotax company, another Bombardier subsidiary.
Back to top Go down
RCjohn

RCjohn

PostSubject: Re: Polaris, good for America   Polaris, good for America EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 9:55 am

badride wrote:
RCjohn wrote:
badride wrote:
RCjohn wrote:

I agree!

No, just Mexi Can. The American part is no longer needed as that came from the time when the Can Am dirt bikes were made with American help.

In 1973, under the direction and leadership of an American Engineer named Gary Robinson and former motocross World Champion, Jeff Smith working with a team of California desert racers, Can-Am began producing motocross and enduro bikes using engines provided by the Austrian Rotax company, another Bombardier subsidiary.

That's taking it back old school now. One of my friends had an old Can-Am dirtbike back when we were kids. lol!

Bombardier had(still does) their hands in a lot of stuff especially when it came to snow.

Have you ever looked up the Hodaka history? That is an interesting story. 431114
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: Polaris, good for America   Polaris, good for America EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:19 am

RCjohn wrote:
badride wrote:
RCjohn wrote:
badride wrote:
RCjohn wrote:

I agree!

That's taking it back old school now. One of my friends had an old Can-Am dirtbike back when we were kids. lol!

Bombardier had(still does) their hands in a lot of stuff especially when it came to snow.

Have you ever looked up the Hodaka history? That is an interesting story. 431114

No, but I remember riding with a guy that had a Hodaka. That had to be the toughest bike I had ever seen at that time. He rode the crap out of that thing and it lasted longer than my Kawasaki 100 Trail Boss.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Polaris, good for America   Polaris, good for America EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:34 am

I owned a few Hodaka's back in my youth, a 100 and a 125 wombat they were great bikes, and they came with chrome gas tanks lol!

I ran enduro's back then, many great bikes in those days that most have never heard off now, Ossa, Penton, Bultaco, Husqvarna, CZ, Jawa, cool stuff!
Back to top Go down
RCjohn

RCjohn

PostSubject: Re: Polaris, good for America   Polaris, good for America EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 10:43 am

My brother raced a Hodaka. I think his was a SuperRat. Our next door neighbor and his wife had Hodakas they raced. That's how my brother ended up with one. I believe the neighbors had a King Rat and Wombat if I remember correctly.

I can't remember the historical details since I read it awhile back but interesting trivia is that at one point John Deere owned the brand. I had always thought was a foreign machine(given the name) but it was American. If I'm not mistaken Can Am was involved at some point too... maybe for engines.

When I get a chance I'll look it up again.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Polaris, good for America   Polaris, good for America EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 6:18 pm

I loved the chrome tank on a Hodaka cheers
Back to top Go down
aweisgarber

PostSubject: Re: Polaris, good for America   Polaris, good for America EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 8:27 pm

If Polaris would start making their replacement belts,bearings and bushings in the U.S.,that would add 100's of jobs to the economy. lol!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Polaris, good for America   Polaris, good for America EmptyWed Jan 11, 2012 11:12 pm

aweisgarber wrote:
If Polaris would start making their replacement belts,bearings and bushings in the U.S.,that would add 100's of jobs to the economy. lol!

I agree , only problem is a belt would then cost $200 dollars..... lol!
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Polaris, good for America   Polaris, good for America EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 10:44 am

Thats the problem, we can make it good but not cheap. But if our government would use our tax dollars to help American business's in place of giving it to every third world country we could make things here.
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: Polaris, good for America   Polaris, good for America EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 11:35 am

GunRunner wrote:
Thats the problem, we can make it good but not cheap. But if our government would use our tax dollars to help American business's in place of giving it to every third world country we could make things here.

Amen! And we should also cut the nuts off the EPA. They drive the cost of EVERYTING up not to mention hurting the off road sport.

Archie is right though, I had to replace a lower ball joint just the other day as well as the carrier bearing......again.
Back to top Go down
aweisgarber

PostSubject: Re: Polaris, good for America   Polaris, good for America EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 12:19 pm

ChrisC wrote:
aweisgarber wrote:

The XP belt is $200 now. lol!
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: Polaris, good for America   Polaris, good for America EmptyThu Jan 12, 2012 2:07 pm

aweisgarber wrote:
ChrisC wrote:
aweisgarber wrote:

The XP belt is $200 now. lol!

And I have a spare thank God.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Polaris, good for America   Polaris, good for America Empty

Back to top Go down

Polaris, good for America
Page 1 of 1