Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

I had a very interesting ride today!!!

Go down 
+2
GunRunner
The Reaper
6 posters
AuthorMessage
The Reaper

The Reaper

I had a very interesting ride today!!! Empty
PostSubject: I had a very interesting ride today!!!   I had a very interesting ride today!!! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 2:05 am

Today we went riding at the local trails with the friends and family. After making the loop around the trails and had gotten to what we call the "knob" it’s an old reclaimed strip mine, with a lot of climbs and mudding. after a few climbs and playing around having fun we stopped at the top and started talking to some of the others there. Naturally they were drinking but wasn't too bad. Still on their own balance. We were just out having a good time talking and seeing some locals we hadn't seen for some time then all at once a guy comes rushing up the hill, you could tell he was mad, and I was thinking to myself this can't be good. And on the back side of the knob is a slip of dirt basically a straight up and down high wall. He steps off the quad and just shoots the fuel to it goes flying down the slip flipping several times. Then starts ranting and raving about how some guy had taken his four wheeler for a ride without permission or something like that. Then he takes it a step farther and calls this guy and says if you want to get your quad back you need to come pick the pieces of it up I just launched it down the slip. I was thinking wow you’ve got to be kidding me. This guy didn’t really just do this. So he tells him to bring his ride back to him. And he would pay him for any damage he done to it. So the guy who took this fourwheeler for a joy ride comes up to the knob. And he looks at his fourwheeler sitting there in rubble and doesn’t even stop. He just bails off the fourwheeler, and punches this guy in the face and the fight is on. At this point we are sitting at the bottom of the hill in the playground area and I say it’s time to get outta here. I don’t know what else happened but its times like these that just make me want to stop riding. If you’re going to drink don’t get wasted and ride. Now these guys are going to be at it every time they meet all over nothing. I mean really? A joy ride. He should have just meet and dropped off the quad and fought it out not destroy the other ones ride. It was not good by either one on what they did. This is what happens when drugs and alcohol mix. It’s just any more times can turn bad out on the trails. A lot of times over nothing that matters. Needless to say we got out of dodge quick on this one, cause I didn’t know just how bad it was going to get before someone was hurt or killed and having the family with us and wife’s and stuff they didn’t need to be around that. I just didn’t know what to do. For once I wasn’t able to settle down the conflict. After seeing him launch it off the cliff I wasn’t going to say nothing to the guy hitting him. I mean yeah he didn’t need to do a joy ride drunk on someone else’s fourwheeler but I could have been handled different. Than him getting mad at him for the joy ride, and totaling out his quad. I hope he did kick his “arse” for it. That is just crazy. That is all I can say for it. What’s your guys input on this? It basically ruined my day of riding. I know I shouldn’t let it but that was hard to witness, I had never seen anything like it before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I had a very interesting ride today!!!   I had a very interesting ride today!!! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 5:15 am

Having the family with you I fell you made the right decision to leave the area quickly. Many people carry weapons on the trails and it could have turned alot worse quick and in a hurry.

If it had been me and I had just witnessed that, I would have probably ended my day of riding and headed on home.
Back to top Go down
The Reaper

The Reaper

PostSubject: Re: I had a very interesting ride today!!!   I had a very interesting ride today!!! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 5:59 am

Rooster wrote:
Having the family with you I fell you made the right decision to leave the area quickly. Many people carry weapons on the trails and it could have turned alot worse quick and in a hurry.

If it had been me and I had just witnessed that, I would have probably ended my day of riding and headed on home.

i was thinking i did. i mean with myself i never leave the house with out a weapon. but having the family there it just wasn't worth it to try to ease the dispute. it did end our day. we were heading out this was the last little play area left. it just made us take a little more pedal down and get out a little faster cause you never know what could turn up. i just didn't know if i should've done something different, and giving you guys a heads up to watch out cause with pretty weather brings alot of riding in big crowds and in that can lead to big troubles out on the trails fast with alcohol and drugs these days. thought i would share a good story of a crazy event with you all...
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: I had a very interesting ride today!!!   I had a very interesting ride today!!! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 10:55 am

trail rage same as road rage, ive seen it several times thats one reason many carry guns, protection from the nut cases out there
Back to top Go down
stacrzr

stacrzr

PostSubject: Re: I had a very interesting ride today!!!   I had a very interesting ride today!!! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 9:30 pm

Take care of family first, then if safe, act on what you can do to help.....
Back to top Go down
http://smalenovsky@gmail.com
Hollon

Hollon

PostSubject: Re: I had a very interesting ride today!!!   I had a very interesting ride today!!! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 9:39 pm

One A-Hole meets another. You made a good choice to leave. You can't reason with people that stupid. 46498 32749
Back to top Go down
The Reaper

The Reaper

PostSubject: Re: I had a very interesting ride today!!!   I had a very interesting ride today!!! EmptyMon Apr 16, 2012 11:51 pm

yeah i tried to reason but listen it wasn't happening. so i said lets go. espically when the other showed up. i knew it was time to get outta dodge.
Back to top Go down
Nocerisdave

Nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: I had a very interesting ride today!!!   I had a very interesting ride today!!! EmptyTue Apr 17, 2012 10:19 pm

affraid
Back to top Go down
RCjohn

RCjohn

PostSubject: Re: I had a very interesting ride today!!!   I had a very interesting ride today!!! EmptyWed Apr 18, 2012 10:07 am

Dumb question but are you sure they weren't brothers? lol!
Back to top Go down
The Reaper

The Reaper

PostSubject: Re: I had a very interesting ride today!!!   I had a very interesting ride today!!! EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 7:01 am

RCjohn wrote:
Dumb question but are you sure they weren't brothers? lol!

lol i am not so sure but i wouldn't put it past them either. but i dont think so cause one said you hurt my ride and you'll pay me with your life. you can find the pieces of yours up here. it was crazy but interesting
Back to top Go down
Nocerisdave

Nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: I had a very interesting ride today!!!   I had a very interesting ride today!!! EmptyThu Apr 19, 2012 1:26 pm

Sounds like a good move to GTFO.
Back to top Go down
RCjohn

RCjohn

PostSubject: Re: I had a very interesting ride today!!!   I had a very interesting ride today!!! EmptyMon Apr 23, 2012 3:19 pm

Sounds like time for comfortable chairs and a big bowl of popcorn. 729242
Back to top Go down
The Reaper

The Reaper

PostSubject: Re: I had a very interesting ride today!!!   I had a very interesting ride today!!! EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 2:49 am

RCjohn wrote:
Sounds like time for comfortable chairs and a big bowl of popcorn. 729242

lol well i would've if the wifes and kids hadn't been there.
Back to top Go down
RCjohn

RCjohn

PostSubject: Re: I had a very interesting ride today!!!   I had a very interesting ride today!!! EmptyTue Apr 24, 2012 9:28 am

Makes sense.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I had a very interesting ride today!!!   I had a very interesting ride today!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

I had a very interesting ride today!!!
Page 1 of 1