Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

XP Carrier Support Bearing

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
chipper

XP Carrier Support Bearing Empty
PostSubject: XP Carrier Support Bearing   XP Carrier Support Bearing EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 5:42 pm

I'm headed over to a buddy's house to help him work on his ride and I'm thinking his carrier bearing is going out. I looked at all the posts from the last couple months on here on sunday and couldn't find what I was looking for.

Do I remember reading in the last few weeks that someone found an aftermarket bearing for the propshaft that is supposed to be better than the stocker? Any help would be great, I'm really sure I read it here but I looked til I was sick of looking and about convinced myself that it was just a flashback.
Back to top Go down
seweljj

seweljj

PostSubject: Re: XP Carrier Support Bearing   XP Carrier Support Bearing EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 8:13 pm

I think this is the thread you are thinking of:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Here is the number if you are going to use the bearing insert with the set screws: UC206-30MM. This is basically the exact replacement part for the PoPo version, but should be much better quality. If you want to go with a solid mounted pillow block bearing, then check out the FYH UCP206-19G5. It will bolt directly to the factory mounting holes, but some people have reported a slight increased vibration when using high speed 4WD. I don't use 4WD at high speeds so it wasn't an issue for me, although they sent me the wrong bearing, so I am going with the bearing insert (UC206-30MM) in the interm.
Back to top Go down
aweisgarber

PostSubject: Re: XP Carrier Support Bearing   XP Carrier Support Bearing EmptyWed Apr 25, 2012 8:35 pm

Try this,
Back to top Go down
chipper

PostSubject: Re: XP Carrier Support Bearing   XP Carrier Support Bearing EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 5:14 pm

seweljj wrote:
I think this is the thread you are thinking of:

Here is the number if you are going to use the bearing insert with the set screws: UC206-30MM. This is basically the exact replacement part for the PoPo version, but should be much better quality. If you want to go with a solid mounted pillow block bearing, then check out the FYH UCP206-19G5. It will bolt directly to the factory mounting holes, but some people have reported a slight increased vibration when using high speed 4WD. I don't use 4WD at high speeds so it wasn't an issue for me, although they sent me the wrong bearing, so I am going with the bearing insert (UC206-30MM) in the interm.

I knew I wasn't completely crazy. I think I spent at least an hour looking, I just didn't realize it was hidden under another topic heading. Thanks. I found out last night that there is a Dodge bearing that is a replacement bearing, and heavier than the stock so I think he was going to hunt it down today. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
seweljj

seweljj

PostSubject: Re: XP Carrier Support Bearing   XP Carrier Support Bearing EmptyThu Apr 26, 2012 5:40 pm

The dodge number crosses from the number I provided above, so that should be a good replacement.
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

PostSubject: Re: XP Carrier Support Bearing   XP Carrier Support Bearing EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 8:31 pm

Any one got any fixes and part numbers for the 2012 model? Mine took a shit this weekend. I researched it some on the big fourm and found that they changed the designe a little which makes it more of a challange to get the pillow block to work.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: XP Carrier Support Bearing   XP Carrier Support Bearing EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 11:22 pm

edge22 wrote:
Any one got any fixes and part numbers for the 2012 model? Mine took a shit this weekend. I researched it some on the big fourm and found that they changed the designe a little which makes it more of a challange to get the pillow block to work.

I thought i read over at RZR.net there is a toyota bearing that crosses a 11 and a 12.
you would have to do a search , and there forum is not search Friendly though.
There so big , its hard to find shit... 248474
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

PostSubject: Re: XP Carrier Support Bearing   XP Carrier Support Bearing EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 8:22 pm

Yea I think you can but you have to reuse the rubber damper and mine is tore all to shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: XP Carrier Support Bearing   XP Carrier Support Bearing Empty

Back to top Go down

XP Carrier Support Bearing
Page 1 of 1