Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Hard to shift RZR XP

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ukistopps

ukistopps

Hard to shift RZR XP Empty
PostSubject: Hard to shift RZR XP   Hard to shift RZR XP EmptySun May 06, 2012 3:12 pm

Anyone,

I just purchased a used 2011 RZR XP with about 700 miles and it has the 3 year extended warranty. I have noticed, that sometimes, when sitting on level ground, that its very hard to shift into gear. I had a RZR S, it it was nothing like this. The dealer tells me that this is normal on the 2011 model. Does anyone know if this is true? I would liek to have this fixed if not. Does anyone know what could be wrong. its hard to shift into any gear and then back to park. Just takes a lot of force most of the time.

Any help here?

Chad
Back to top Go down
toradi2

toradi2

PostSubject: Re: Hard to shift RZR XP   Hard to shift RZR XP EmptySun May 06, 2012 3:21 pm

I've got an 11 me too, I think I got a cable in a bind
Back to top Go down
ukistopps

ukistopps

PostSubject: Re: Hard to shift RZR XP   Hard to shift RZR XP EmptySun May 06, 2012 3:24 pm

So yours is hard to shift as well? The dealer checked it out on my last service and said it was normal. I usually fix everything on my RZR, but since its under warranty, I figures I will let them if its anything major. Where is your binding at? Should I maybe detach the cable from the transmission and see if its binding? What would you do?
Back to top Go down
toradi2

toradi2

PostSubject: Re: Hard to shift RZR XP   Hard to shift RZR XP EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:46 pm

If they didn't find the problem along with every thing else , I'll check a the linkage on trans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hard to shift RZR XP   Hard to shift RZR XP Empty

Back to top Go down

Hard to shift RZR XP
Page 1 of 1