Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

OVER HEATING PROBLEM

Go down 
+3
gimpy
GunRunner
jackhammer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jackhammer

OVER HEATING PROBLEM Empty
PostSubject: OVER HEATING PROBLEM   OVER HEATING PROBLEM EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 2:36 pm

heys guys...i have and 11 s this weekend while riding slow tails it got really hot i mean to the point of quiting my first thought was the circuit breaker for fan i ve been reading about but after checking the radiator it was low but it was cool to the touch it seem no water had been moving i removed the cap starting pouring water in it after a min.it started taken it its like it was air locked or does it sound like the termostat...as i was headed out of the woods i hit a big hole and it like did it again temp ran up to 247 got hot boiling the water out fill it up again to make it back ....any thoughts would be appreciated....
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: OVER HEATING PROBLEM   OVER HEATING PROBLEM EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 4:28 pm

either your fan is not working, or your thermostat is bad, many have had issues with fan relay cause its under the seat and gets all crudded up.
Back to top Go down
gimpy

gimpy

PostSubject: Re: OVER HEATING PROBLEM   OVER HEATING PROBLEM EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 5:24 pm

Most of the 11's have the issue with the relay under the floor board. It will let the fan run, but at a lower speed. Is the fan coming on at all??
Back to top Go down
rzr340

rzr340

PostSubject: Re: OVER HEATING PROBLEM   OVER HEATING PROBLEM EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:13 pm

Fan relay. My buddy just had the same problem...put a new relay on and relocated it. works fine now.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe

RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: OVER HEATING PROBLEM   OVER HEATING PROBLEM EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:46 pm

It's not a relay but rather a circuit breaker.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: OVER HEATING PROBLEM   OVER HEATING PROBLEM EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:48 pm

Replace relay and put it inside a balloon and zip tie it to seal it.... 431114
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe

RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: OVER HEATING PROBLEM   OVER HEATING PROBLEM EmptyTue Sep 04, 2012 8:57 pm

ChrisC wrote:

Replace relay and put it inside a balloon and zip tie it to seal it.... 431114

It's not a relay, a relay requires a min of four wires. A single pole sngle throw (SPST) relay - Gnd & 12v+ to energize the coil and then a set of contacts (NO/NC depends).

It is a thermal overload circuit breaker. Piss poor design to place it in an inaccessable location and susceptable to water damage. Just cut it out, solder the wire together and an inline 30A fuse at the fan...problem solved for good.
Back to top Go down
jackhammer

PostSubject: Re: OVER HEATING PROBLEM   OVER HEATING PROBLEM EmptyWed Sep 05, 2012 8:27 am

fan seems to be working radiator was cool to touch yet temp showed 247 after adding some water it was like something broke aloose then water started boiling out ....im going to replace cb and thermostat hopefully that will cover the problem can you get the cb from auto zone what amp is it
Back to top Go down
jackhammer

PostSubject: Re: OVER HEATING PROBLEM   OVER HEATING PROBLEM EmptyMon Oct 01, 2012 10:16 am

i did find my cb to be rusted so went ahead and moved it to higher ground and replaced ...my main problem was the termostat replaced filled and bleed system all is good.....thanks to all that repiled...
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

PostSubject: Re: OVER HEATING PROBLEM   OVER HEATING PROBLEM EmptyTue Oct 02, 2012 8:43 pm

Sounds to me like you need to bleed your coolant system. If the rad is cool and the motor is overheating your not geting water circulating in the system. Thats what happens when their is air in it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OVER HEATING PROBLEM   OVER HEATING PROBLEM Empty

Back to top Go down

OVER HEATING PROBLEM
Page 1 of 1