Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

the S on steroids

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

the S on steroids Empty
PostSubject: the S on steroids   the S on steroids EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 5:44 pm

New S 900 is bad ass!

Back to top Go down
aweisgarber

the S on steroids Empty
PostSubject: Re: the S on steroids   the S on steroids EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 7:42 pm

GunRunner wrote:
New S 900 is bad ass!

They have no ground clearance.I was behind one a couple weeks ago and it drug over everything.The rear frame was only about 6" off the ground.
Back to top Go down
gimpy

gimpy

the S on steroids Empty
PostSubject: Re: the S on steroids   the S on steroids EmptyFri Dec 05, 2014 8:50 pm

No ground clearance, probably springs were already sagging. On my 2010 when new sagged so bad after each ride it sucked. To get the height back, I kept loosing all my smoothness in the ride. Got Smoothride set up now.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

the S on steroids Empty
PostSubject: Re: the S on steroids   the S on steroids EmptySat Dec 06, 2014 11:12 am

13.2'' is advertised, but they could have adjusted them, no way to know.
Back to top Go down
Mud-and-Guts

Mud-and-Guts

the S on steroids Empty
PostSubject: Re: the S on steroids   the S on steroids EmptySat Jan 17, 2015 9:58 am

I love mine, stock ground clearance with just a couple miles on it was 11.25 front and 11 in the rear. I worked with RacerTech designing their medium and heavy rate springs which should be shipping any day now and they work wonders on the new 900S. With the medium rates I have 12.25 up front and 11.75 in the rear (after break in). 1/4" preload on the fronts and 1/2" preload on the rear.

I am now working with them trying to get a lift like on the 800s that will offer stability and lift without giving axle issues, we have the rear about done but are in the process of making some small changes to the front.

The new 900 has a lot of improvements over the 800s, I can't come par it to the xp's because I have never had one.

The front a-arm setup is a lot better with more bushings and more bolts and with 300+ miles on mine they are tight, my 800s had play in them from day one it seemed.
It has a full size battery and I have heard an upgraded charging system but that I don't know.
The power is a lot better then the 800s was, on the 800 I could basically run it to the floor all the time without worry where as on the 900 I have to watch and back off the throttle.
The maintenance is easier with three drain plugs and three fill plugs (including the engine) that are all really easy to get to.
The frame is all tubing and wraps around in front of the radiator for better protection.
The shock bushings are designed better.
the area the exhaust travels is more open so the plastic doesn't get as hot.
The ride is better
The rear sway bar is real easy to remove/install, and with the Racertech lift and springs i don't think I will be needing it.
More room in the cab.
East access to switches and wiring under the dash.
Easier to change the belt.
Access panel in the bed is priceless.
Air filter is in the center of the rzr behind the access panel in the bed
And I am sure I am missing a bunch.

Did I post this video when I got mine?

Back to top Go down
http://www.mudandgutsoffroad.org
Sponsored content

the S on steroids Empty
PostSubject: Re: the S on steroids   the S on steroids Empty

Back to top Go down

the S on steroids