Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

SXS Disappointment

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

SXS Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: SXS Disappointment   SXS Disappointment EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 11:48 am

Well i can tell you im disappointed in all the major companies new machines. I dont think any of them stepped up and did it right.

Yamaha does nothing except call a 2009 model a 2011.
Kawasaki about the same.
Can-am produces a long awaited sxs but it falls way short of expectations.
Polaris basically does some rearranging of parts combining a Le and S to get a cheaper priced S model and same as last year deletes a few good things and add's some good items (lost rear down cage, added a plastic glove box) new speedo, new metal front diff cage, upgraded transmission, better skid plates (now covers gas tank)

I say BOOOOOOOOOOO to the designers and engineers. 729242

Last edited by GunRunner on Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

SXS Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: SXS Disappointment   SXS Disappointment EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 11:57 am

I am not so sure Gunny. Now at least I don't even have to think about getting something new. I can keep that money and just ride what I have, it's paid for and I have pretty much everything done to it that I want except building a new cage. Heck, just look at the money they are saving everybody! 971386
Back to top Go down
Big Ed

Big Ed

SXS Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: SXS Disappointment   SXS Disappointment EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 2:22 pm

Polaris just indicated to everyone the current state of the economy. Sales of unnecessary pleasure items are struggling, be it ATVs, boats, SXSs, RVs, etc. Manufactors are being forced to stick with what works, make minor improvements, add new graphics, remove a few items, etc and try to produce an item that ultimately helps their profit margin. Look at automobile manufactors, in years past they would produce a run of vehicles that would remain basically unchanged several years before making drastic changes (body style, drivetrain, etc). Today we expect new models, big changes and major improvements to everything we purchase every few years. I think this has attributed to the financial troubles of many major manufactors. IMO, until the economy shows major improvements, we will continue to see less drastic changes to product lines, and longer runs of the same item so they can remain in business. 32749
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

SXS Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: SXS Disappointment   SXS Disappointment EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:00 pm

Everybody , take very good care of your buggy.... 431114
what you have is better than what you can buy , I am sad to say..... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
badride

SXS Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: SXS Disappointment   SXS Disappointment EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:05 pm

ChrisC wrote:

what you have is better than what you can buy , I am sad to say..... Rolling Eyes

Why be sad? You should be happy! I am, now I can save more money for beer!

Do you have any idea how much beer I can buy by not having to go buy a new S? 729242 971386
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

SXS Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: SXS Disappointment   SXS Disappointment EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:10 pm

badride wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

Do you have any idea how much beer I can buy by not having to go buy a new S? 729242 971386

it wont matter roger. the way you spend money. i am sure you will find something
to spend it on. a new boat or camper or motorcycle or something...... 971386
Back to top Go down
badride

SXS Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: SXS Disappointment   SXS Disappointment EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 3:54 pm

ChrisC wrote:
badride wrote:
ChrisC wrote:

it wont matter roger. the way you spend money. i am sure you will find something
to spend it on. a new boat or camper or motorcycle or something...... 971386

No, don't need any more boats. I have only been to the lake twice this year.
No, I have enough motorcycles.
I don't have time to do anything else.
I just want the weather to cool off some. I have never wanted summer to end as bad as I do right now. I am ready to get back in the woods and ride with my buddies. 971386
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

SXS Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: SXS Disappointment   SXS Disappointment EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 4:20 pm

You got buddies? Razz lol!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

SXS Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: SXS Disappointment   SXS Disappointment EmptyTue Jul 27, 2010 4:26 pm

That sounds like a plan....... 431114
Back to top Go down
badride

SXS Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: SXS Disappointment   SXS Disappointment EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 6:51 am

Hey, I have to work for a living.

I don't get an oboma check to suppliment drug sales like some I know. (not on here, just want to make that clear)
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

SXS Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: SXS Disappointment   SXS Disappointment EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 1:13 pm

I understand for sure....... 431114
Back to top Go down
badride

SXS Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: SXS Disappointment   SXS Disappointment EmptyWed Jul 28, 2010 1:24 pm

Now that I have had time to think about this. I do want 3 more motorcycles. I want a 1972 Kawasaki H2 750 and a 1973 model Honda 750 and a 1968 Honda Z50. That should just about do it.
Back to top Go down
smith700

SXS Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: SXS Disappointment   SXS Disappointment EmptyThu Jul 29, 2010 11:42 pm

I am anxious to see what Yamaha has redesigned in October. I sure hope it has a twin 513317 but I am about convinced that it won't. But I like my Rhino, especially with the new shocks on the way. It has over 3700 miles in a little over a year and a half, and has took me anywhere I pointed it, with no problems. Except it could use a 750+ V-Twin Motor with factory Power Steering, and about 57" wide from factory.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

SXS Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: SXS Disappointment   SXS Disappointment EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 2:43 am

smith700 wrote:
I am anxious to see what Yamaha has redesigned in October. I sure hope it has a twin 513317 but I am about convinced that it won't. But I like my Rhino, especially with the new shocks on the way. It has over 3700 miles in a little over a year and a half, and has took me anywhere I pointed it, with no problems. Except it could use a 750+ V-Twin Motor with factory Power Steering, and about 57" wide from factory.

thay done showed what thay will have for 2011 , its just a Rhino.
it looks just like your and its unchanged. So nothing new next year..... Wink
Back to top Go down
smith700

SXS Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: SXS Disappointment   SXS Disappointment EmptyFri Jul 30, 2010 10:31 am

They released the "2011" model year ones back in Febuary. And will have something new out in October. But I would be shocked to find anything more than the same single 686cc motor. In that case, it's time for a new machine.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SXS Disappointment Empty
PostSubject: Re: SXS Disappointment   SXS Disappointment Empty

Back to top Go down

SXS Disappointment
Page 1 of 1