Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Bare Essentials

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Bare Essentials Empty
PostSubject: Bare Essentials   Bare Essentials EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 5:09 am

1. Spark plugs (I started out on bikes)-- I never leave home without a new set no matter what I'm riding. It doesn't seem to be that
big of an issue with the rzr but rest assure I go a set.

2. Air compressor and tire plug kit. Bead lock wheels are nice and will get you home with a flat that is unrepairable, but 90% of the time
a plug will fix the tire so you dont trash the tire while running the tire flat. BeadLocks Rule--sometimes.

3. Drive belt comes next. I dont care what belt you have, they are very unpredicable of when and where they will break so make sure
you have a spare.

4. Spare battery or a way to boost it!

5. A spare tierod for the ones that break, or a hammer that straighten the ones that just bend.

And of course all the right tools!
Aint even scratched the surface...fuel, flashlight..etc.

What has left you guys stranded and that you wished you had with you at the time so you could just get home!

Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

Bare Essentials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bare Essentials   Bare Essentials EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 6:41 am

Beer.

One time I ran out of beer on trail 57 and that is a looooonnnnnngggg way from the house. It seemed like it took me 2 hours to get home. Man, I never want to be in that situation again. Beer, never leave home without more than enough. 971386
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

Bare Essentials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bare Essentials   Bare Essentials EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 10:54 am

I always carry extra gas, along with most of what jerzr does, also cell phone, 2 way radio, snacks, plenty of drinks (non beer) extra valve stem, tow straps, zip ties, tape, fuses, flashlights, rags, first aid kit, pain reliever, sunscreen, even have a can of high power mace in case a wild something or other wants some shit and i dont want to shoot it 729242
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

Bare Essentials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bare Essentials   Bare Essentials EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 11:23 am

Rope, Have had to pull a lot of people home. (Can also be used to hang people if needed.)

Ratchet tie down, can be used for lots of things. I had to use one to keep the front wheel straight so I could get my Rhino back home.

Lighter, can be used with WD40 to seat tires.

Paper towels, to get the mud out of my eyes.
Toilet paper, works a lot better than dry leaves or poison ivy.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

Bare Essentials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bare Essentials   Bare Essentials EmptyFri Aug 13, 2010 11:51 am

badride wrote:
Rope, Have had to pull a lot of people home. (Can also be used to hang people if needed.)

Ratchet tie down, can be used for lots of things. I had to use one to keep the front wheel straight so I could get my Rhino back home.

Lighter, can be used with WD40 to seat tires.

Paper towels, to get the mud out of my eyes.
Toilet paper, works a lot better than dry leaves or poison ivy.

I have all that too, except rope. I have 2 tow straps,
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bare Essentials Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bare Essentials   Bare Essentials Empty

Back to top Go down

Bare Essentials
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Southern RZR Riders :: Discussion :: General RZR Discussion-
Jump to: