Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Want to see what 150 miles look like on a Holz Stage 3 Big Bore Engine

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
backwithavengenance

Want to see what 150 miles look like on a Holz Stage 3 Big Bore Engine Empty
PostSubject: Want to see what 150 miles look like on a Holz Stage 3 Big Bore Engine   Want to see what 150 miles look like on a Holz Stage 3 Big Bore Engine EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 5:18 am

Back in Aug, I decided that I would purchase the Holz Stage 3 Big Bore Engine Kit and pickup another engine, due to the fact that I presently have an HPD engine that is pretty strong. Anyway, a member on the RZR Forum advertising that he would be selling his stating that he had only put 150 miles on the engine since the Kit was installed and that he would throw in a few extras.

Guys, Let me get your impressions and/or opinions on this
AWESOME DEAL that I was led to believe that I was purchasing. affraid

WELL, long story short, when the engine arrived, IT WAS A LONG BLOCK,
N O T A Complete engine. It was missing the starter,fuel rail, injectors, temperature sensor, thermostat, dip stick just to mention a few items. I obviously did not install the engine due to the MISSING parts. But while locating the missing items, I did a partial upper engine tear down. The mag side is the one with ALL the oil and the closeups of the exhaust ports clearly show Burnt Oil on the valve stem as well as inside the exhaust port. There is also a strange wear pattern on the cyclinder wall of the PTO but not on the MAG wall.

The link to the Top End teardown pictures is below.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

After this rude discover, I went ahead and did a TOTAL teardown discovering that Water Pump was toast and most of the journal bearings showed enough wear to be replaced.

The link to the Bottom End teardown pictures is below.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Since the initial purchase, I have spend about another $800 replacing EVERYTHING except the upper/lower engine halves. She's now Blueprinted, with documentation as to ALL purchases and I'm in the process of reassembly. As soon as that's done, going to drop her into the RZR and do a little dyno work.

Trying not to VENT, cause as we all know there as A-HOLES out there everywhere.
Just when purchasing from an individual, have ALL your questions lined up, submit them in writing to the seller and ONLY accept Written Reponses to your questions,
NOT Verbal.

Happy Now cause I believe that she'll be one of a Kind, JUST a LITTLE BROKE 3859

See the reason for the NEW Handle NOW..... Rolling Eyes

Bart

HECK almost FORGOT. I going to post detail pictures of ALL the engine components as well as a Step by Step Disassembly or Reassembly depending on which way you look at them. 431114 Perhaps this would be of some assistance to anyone wanting to know what's inside the engine or what is involved if you want to tackle a rebuild on your own. It's REALLY not that Hard. 547228

Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Want to see what 150 miles look like on a Holz Stage 3 Big Bore Engine   Want to see what 150 miles look like on a Holz Stage 3 Big Bore Engine EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 10:21 am

I try to only buy from well known and respected sellers, so far no problems. glad you were able to salvage it. keep us posted 431114
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Want to see what 150 miles look like on a Holz Stage 3 Big Bore Engine   Want to see what 150 miles look like on a Holz Stage 3 Big Bore Engine EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 1:23 pm

Dam that looks Bad........ affraid
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Want to see what 150 miles look like on a Holz Stage 3 Big Bore Engine   Want to see what 150 miles look like on a Holz Stage 3 Big Bore Engine Empty

Back to top Go down

Want to see what 150 miles look like on a Holz Stage 3 Big Bore Engine
Page 1 of 1