Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.

Go down 
+8
badride
smith700
mason
ChrisC
DoddS
Flashgordon
GunRunner
wildmanMG
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. Empty
PostSubject: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 9:42 am

At first I really liked these tires and thought I could live with the extra weight if they performed up to par. They are not that great. They have worn very fast and do not hook up well at all in wet conditions . They may be ok for dry desert riding but for around here they SUCK! I would not recomend these tires to anyone that rides here.

Here is some picts at 250mile. This was before our Windrock ride.

The lugs erode like water being poured of a sand castle. They round off much more than the bighorns do and when a lug rounds like this it looses its bitting edge.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As far as thick bead protector goes, it is not as good as you would think. It creates an edge and I have had problems with it catching sticks and corners of sharp rocks. These tires go flat like any other tire. I have several cuts like this on every tire, but this is the only one leaking.

One other thing I have found is that if you have beadlock wheels YOU DO NOT WANT THESE TIRES. All of my tires wont hold air, they will leak out in about 4days. I started checking them out, and they all slightly leak at the thick part of the bead protector. The beadlock ring is starting to tear that thick rubber edge when the tire flexes. This is not leaking at the bead but in the middle of that thick rubber ledge of the tire.

These tires are pricey, heavy, eat away at your gas mileage, robs power, not good on anything wet, wear very fast and will go flat. So if you have a set in your garage waiting to run then (Roger), I would suggest selling them. You will like them at first, but trust me you will come to regret having them.
Back to top Go down
wildmanMG

wildmanMG

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 10:21 am

Thanks for the review Jerry. I was looking at the Growlers but after seeing this they may be worse. Now that I know how to keep from getting holes in my XTR's I may go back with them or the big horns. I like the XTR's but I learned real quick not to run below 10psi in them , the rim pinched the sidewalls when going over rocks and such but I have never had an issue with traction and the wear real well. I have well over 700 miles on them now.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 10:30 am

Sold mine, was not impressed with the traction and how fast they wore. Sticking with the bighorns till something better comes along
Back to top Go down
Flashgordon

Flashgordon

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 4:10 pm

I was told the Growlers were for dirt and mud and to get the Rockers for desert and rock riding. I have been told in the past that there compounds are soft.
I have a set of Rockers coming that I won in a drawing, for free there worth a try. I will be putting them on regular rims not bead locks and won't be using them all that often since 80% of my riding is in the sand. I am hoping to get back to Moab again next year and that is where I hope they work well.
I'm with you guys, in my opinion the Bighorn is the best all around tire but I'm willing to give a free set of tires a try.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/flashgordon19?feature=mhum
DoddS

DoddS

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptySat Dec 11, 2010 8:25 pm

Heck yea. If I had a free set I'd run em. I like the looks of them but as Gunny said the traction isnt that good for our type riding. I'm sure they would be great in Moab on the sandpaper rocks. I hope oneday to make it back there on a SXS. I was there in 2000 for EJS and had the time of my life!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 1:04 am

Yes , you all know my story on tires. i started with
XTR's and we all know how that went. I followed gunny around when he
had pit bulls and watch him slip and slide when my bighorns did not.
When i went to bighorns , i really saw no traction lose from XTR's
and i had more side bite and smother ride.
Bighorns are now the real MAN TIRE..... cheers
it is all i will use til someone comes out with something better..... 431114
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 2:13 am

Well its settled,

I am askin Santa for 27" Bighornes. If you think I should do different then please tell me before its too late!

Jerrzr...............
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 7:23 am

jerrzr wrote:
Well its settled,

I am askin Santa for 27" Bighornes. If you think I should do different then please tell me before its too late!

Jerrzr...............

Jerry , stay with 26's , if you go 27 you loose more low gear and power..... 431114
Trust me , been there done that. Wont make that mistake again.... Wink

Stock S has 26x9x12 front and 26x12x12 on the rear. stay with that.... 431114
Back to top Go down
mason

mason

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 7:35 am

grim reapers my choice 1400 miles no problems but do leak alittle air out around rim great wear and traction and side bite great on rock crawling 32749
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 8:26 am

mason wrote:
grim reapers my choice 1400 miles no problems but do leak alittle air out around rim great wear and traction and side bite great on rock crawling 32749

Yes Mason , Ronnie seems to like his too.... 431114
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 10:50 am

jerry, dont you run 14 inch rims, if so thats the reason you get so many flats, if so rather than buy 27 bighorns which really closer to 28'' tall, id look for a set of s take off tires w/wheels. I see them all the time for not much more than the cost of bighorns alone.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 2:00 pm

GunRunner wrote:
jerry, dont you run 14 inch rims, if so thats the reason you get so many flats, if so rather than buy 27 bighorns which really closer to 28'' tall, id look for a set of s take off tires w/wheels. I see them all the time for not much more than the cost of bighorns alone.

Yes I have 14inch rims and they were a mistake. I guess I will add 12" wheels to the X-mas list. I would like to try the grim reapers but I think I'm going to go back bighorn. I couldn't say it any better than Chris "polaris got the tires and wheel size right to begin with! 971386
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 2:15 pm

jerrzr wrote:
GunRunner wrote:

Yes I have 14inch rims and they were a mistake. I guess I will add 12" wheels to the X-mas list. I would like to try the grim reapers but I think I'm going to go back bighorn. I couldn't say it any better than Chris "polaris got the tires and wheel size right to begin with! 971386

order them tomorrow , explain to wife how she is going to pay for it for you.
then post pictures as soon as you get them..... lol!
Back to top Go down
smith700

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 3:38 pm

Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 3:49 pm

Dam , that tire is messed up.... affraid
Back to top Go down
Flashgordon

Flashgordon

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 3:59 pm

That is one messed up Pitbull Growler, I know they have alot of 6 ply tires out there and I believe they are available in 8ply now also.
When I receive my set of free Rockers, I will also be looking for a set of stock S rims to put them on!
I dont even want to dismount my Bighorns,they still have some life left in them.

Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 4:03 pm

Flashgordon wrote:
That is one messed up Pitbull Growler, I know they have alot of 6 ply tires out there and I believe they are available in 8ply now also.
When I receive my set of free Rockers, I will also be looking for a set of stock S rims to put them on!
I dont even want to dismount my Bighorns,they still have some life left in them.

You won't like them Flash.... No
you like to go fast. and they will slow you down. they take a good bit of power because of there weight.
if i was you , I would not even waist your time. Wink
if there free , sell them , and get you a new set of Horns.... 547228
Back to top Go down
Flashgordon

Flashgordon

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 4:15 pm

I might not like them but there free, I will use them mostly in the desert on hard pack. They will probably slow me down a little bit, Im clutched light already for the dunes so that will help when running a larger tire. Like them or not, if I can have tires to ride on and not have to buy them im happy. If I dont like them I will throw my Bighorns back on and get rid of them but I would like to see if they can get me buy a season or two.
I dont think my tires get as much abuse as you guys give them so they could last me a long time, I have over 3000 miles now on my 09 S and I would say more than half of that is in the sand on paddles.
I am interested in seeing how they ride, grip and track on desert terrain.
If I come back and ride with you guys some day I will definetly have a set of Bighorns on.
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 12:36 pm

smith700 wrote:

That one had to be ran when it was flat, any tire would do that.

I have had a set of Rockers on my Renegade for about a year that has around 1000 miles on them and they still look pretty good. They are holding up better than any Bighorn has. Plus, Bighorns don't have the traction the Rockers have. I usually have to replace the rears about every year when I run Bighorns. Looks like I may get two years out of these Rockers. I still have the new Rockers yet to be mounted but I plan to mount them this weekend since the weather is getting right.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 12:50 pm

A four wheeler is a lot lighter than a rzr. My rockers have worn twice as fast as my bighorns did. You will see.
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 1:09 pm

badride wrote:
smith700 wrote:

That one had to be ran when it was flat, any tire would do that.

I have had a set of Rockers on my Renegade for about a year that has around 1000 miles on them and they still look pretty good. They are holding up better than any Bighorn has. Plus, Bighorns don't have the traction the Rockers have. I usually have to replace the rears about every year when I run Bighorns. Looks like I may get two years out of these Rockers. I still have the new Rockers yet to be mounted but I plan to mount them this weekend since the weather is getting right.

Roger, you had growlers on the renegade unless you changed them.
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 1:16 pm

Yep, I meant I had Growlers on the Renegade. I have ran Bighorns on my Renegades since 2007 and the Growlers are lasting twice as long. I don't forsee ever putting Bighorns back on mine. The Bighorns lasted longer and held up better than anything I have tried but they just don't hold a candle to the Pit Bulls, at least for me.
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 1:17 pm

jerrzr wrote:
A four wheeler is a lot lighter than a rzr. My rockers have worn twice as fast as my bighorns did. You will see.

I ran Bighorns on the same 4 wheeler that I have the Growlers on. There isn't any weight difference????????????
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 1:22 pm

badride wrote:
jerrzr wrote:

I ran Bighorns on the same 4 wheeler that I have the Growlers on. There isn't any weight difference????????????
no because the growlers you have are only 6 ply and 25''. Those 26'' 8 ply rockers you have are heavy as hell, a good 48 -50 lbs heavier than a set of bighorns.
Back to top Go down
badride

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. EmptyMon Dec 13, 2010 1:28 pm

GunRunner wrote:
badride wrote:
jerrzr wrote:

no because the growlers you have are only 6 ply and 25''. Those 26'' 8 ply rockers you have are heavy as hell, a good 48 -50 lbs heavier than a set of bighorns.

Jerry was talking about the weight difference between a 4 wheeler and a Razor is why there was a difference in the wearing between them. What I meant was that I was comparing Bighorns, which I have ran since 07 on a Renegade to the Pit Bull Growlers that I have on a Renegade. Same bike, just different tires.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.   250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review. Empty

Back to top Go down

250mile Pitt Bull Rocker Review.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next