Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Rock sliders

Go down 
+2
Nocerisdave
badride
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Rock sliders Empty
PostSubject: Rock sliders   Rock sliders EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 6:33 pm

Since I now have a way to bend tubing I was thinking of making me a set like I want,but never seeing how they are bolted up to the RZR I need to ask: Are they bolted to the main frame or to the two gussets coming off the frame to the side,where the side panel is screwed to the small outside frame?
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

Rock sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock sliders   Rock sliders EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 6:42 am

I have to make some for mine. I am welding them to the frame. Just remember, you need to angle them up a little so they won't add extra drag when you have to cross water brakes and such. The main reason I want them is to help keep my fender flares from being torn off on some of the tighter trails where the trees reak havoc on them and my rear tires. I am building mine so they will angle out and end up almost even with my rear tires, just angled up some. Mine will tie to the frame front and rear.
Back to top Go down

Rock sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock sliders   Rock sliders EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 5:54 pm

Yes knocking the fender flares off is a problem,I'll show you what I made to keep mine from being knocked off friday,it's a simple fix until the rock guard can be made to protect them from hard hits..
Back to top Go down
Nocerisdave

Nocerisdave

Rock sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock sliders   Rock sliders EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 8:08 pm

boliver wrote:
Yes knocking the fender flares off is a problem,I'll show you what I made to keep mine from being knocked off friday,it's a simple fix until the rock guard can be made to protect them from hard hits..

Pics?

Back to top Go down

Rock sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock sliders   Rock sliders EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 8:36 pm

Dave I have no way to post pictures,but I will measure it in the morning and give you that,and try to explain how I shaped it with a heat gun..I found out you have to glue a piece of plastic behind the side panel because this plastic is thin,and the tuff locks pull out to easy when something is hit..

Maybe this friday someone will take a picture and post it here..Also these do not hold so tight that it will break something if you hit hard,it just pulls out the tuff locks..
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

Rock sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock sliders   Rock sliders EmptyTue Dec 28, 2010 10:17 pm

Hank , you don't have a digital camera?...... scratch
Back to top Go down

Rock sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock sliders   Rock sliders EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 8:37 pm

Chris wrote:

Hank , you don't have a digital camera?......

No but I will be ordering one soon,my grandson that lives with me wants one that has the AV out--I think- he said so he can pull pictures from the TV screen of his X box game shots or something..

He found a one on amazon that had what he wanted,but the reviews were not that good for what I would want it for..I guess I'll end up buying two..

Dave shoot me a pm and I'll figure a way to send you a drawing by snail mail if you want..
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

Rock sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock sliders   Rock sliders EmptyWed Dec 29, 2010 11:15 pm

I got my Rock Catchers from SuperATV. Just over $100 with the shipping. The reason I call them Rock Catchers is due to the fact that they have slits in the plate and they catch all the rocks you can find. They are more of a Nerf bar then anything.

SuperATV Nerf Bars

I also plan on building fender guards kinda like these.

I plan on building a front winch bumper and tubing the fender protectors from front bumper to rear bumper, with the contour of the fenders in mind.

Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
mkrazr

mkrazr

Rock sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock sliders   Rock sliders EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:28 am

i've seen some rock sliders from tony's toys that are pretty nice, the price is just to steep on price or i'd buy a set, they come out to protect your fender flares but they are 200+ i believe
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

Rock sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock sliders   Rock sliders EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 11:46 am

mkrazr wrote:
i've seen some rock sliders from tony's toys that are pretty nice, the price is just to steep on price or i'd buy a set, they come out to protect your fender flares but they are 200+ i believe

I have a brand new set of tonys toys rock guards, not the ones with the flared out piece that costs 269. but the same thing without that extra piece, brand new in the box for 115.00 including shipping. pm if interested.
Back to top Go down

Rock sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock sliders   Rock sliders EmptyThu Dec 30, 2010 7:45 pm

I still do not know if they bolt to the frame or brackets,guess I'll sneek a peak when I see some one with a set!!!!
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

Rock sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock sliders   Rock sliders EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:21 am

boliver wrote:
Chris wrote:

Hank , you don't have a digital camera?......

No but I will be ordering one soon,my grandson that lives with me wants one that has the AV out--I think- he said so he can pull pictures from the TV screen of his X box game shots or something..

He found a one on amazon that had what he wanted,but the reviews were not that good for what I would want it for..I guess I'll end up buying two..

Dave shoot me a pm and I'll figure a way to send you a drawing by snail mail if you want..

Hank PM gunny about the camera.
He is a professional Camera buyer...... lol!
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

Rock sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock sliders   Rock sliders EmptyFri Dec 31, 2010 1:14 pm

Mine bolt to the frame. Front bolts to front of the forward frame brace and the rear bolt to the back of the rearward frame brace.

I would not weld them on. It will be hard to get the side peices off and the frame is not that thick. It would warp the hell out of the braces.

When I installed my frame gussets, I had to turn the mig way down. I was just burning thru the thin crap popo used.
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
Sponsored content

Rock sliders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rock sliders   Rock sliders Empty

Back to top Go down

Rock sliders
Page 1 of 1