Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Steering quickner

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Steering quickner Empty
PostSubject: Steering quickner   Steering quickner EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 7:07 pm

I purchased a Howe brand 2 to 1 sterring quickner to install onto my 09 rzr s,I was wondering if anybody else has done this before & if it worked out or not.I just always seem to be chasing the sterring wheel around ... 248474
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

Steering quickner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering quickner   Steering quickner EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 12:31 am

Now that is one I had to look up. Let us know how this goes with install and if it works good. Does not look to hard to put right under the dash. Just chop you steering shaft and weld new couplers in. At 4" it should be easy to hide it above your brake pedal.

In my dirt track days we just had a racing rack that had less teeth. Not sure I would want it on a RZR though. Would just turn way to fast and I would probably flip it (wait already done that), lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
Nocerisdave

Nocerisdave

Steering quickner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering quickner   Steering quickner EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:24 pm

x20001
Back to top Go down

Steering quickner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering quickner   Steering quickner EmptyMon Feb 21, 2011 7:35 pm

Well I am still trying to find the correct u-joints, I need 2 3/4"x36spline on one end x 5/8"weld on end.
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

Steering quickner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering quickner   Steering quickner EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 12:27 am

rzrrider1 wrote:
Well I am still trying to find the correct u-joints, I need 2 3/4"x36spline on one end x 5/8"weld on end.

Was that supposed to read "two (2) 3/4" x 36 spline"?

2 3/4" sounds pretty big for a RZR, LMAO!

I see what you mean. Howe only has a 3/4" x .620-36.

Call Woodward Steering @ 1-307-472-0550 and order # 107. Here is the data sheet on their joints.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com

Steering quickner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering quickner   Steering quickner EmptyTue Feb 22, 2011 8:59 am

I guess I will have to get a 3/4"x36 spline x 3/4" weld on. Not a big deal but the steering shaft on my 09 rzr s in 5/8" od. This is one of those make it work situations. 971386
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Steering quickner Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steering quickner   Steering quickner Empty

Back to top Go down

Steering quickner
Page 1 of 1