Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Cant get my Kubota tractor started.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Cant get my Kubota tractor started. Empty
PostSubject: Cant get my Kubota tractor started.   Cant get my Kubota tractor started. EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 9:07 pm

My tractor has set all winter and now it wont start, Its a three cylinder diesel and it wont fire up...I dont know jack about a diesel except for changing the fluids and air filter.... How do I bleed the fuel? How can I tell if the glow plugs are ok? I need to get some excavating done for some additions before my wife tells me that I cant ride the rzr anymore.....Any help will be greatly appreciated. 113872
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Cant get my Kubota tractor started.   Cant get my Kubota tractor started. EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 12:56 am

Jerry , how old is the machine?
check the site glass and see if you see water in the bowl?
Back to top Go down
BigBore

BigBore

PostSubject: Re: Cant get my Kubota tractor started.   Cant get my Kubota tractor started. EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 8:30 pm

Also could have lost prime to fuel pump.. Check for a small lever on fuel pump which is a primer lever. Use that lever till pressure builds in the line. If it still doesn't start you might have to bleed the injector lines... Have you tried ether? If you have glow plugs you should have a light on dash board that stays lit till glow plugs go out...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cant get my Kubota tractor started.   Cant get my Kubota tractor started. EmptySat May 07, 2011 10:57 pm

ChrisC wrote:

Jerry , how old is the machine?
check the site glass and see if you see water in the bowl?
I missed all of your guys responses when the forum acted screwy when trying to log in. When I changed the fuel filter last winter, I let air in the lines. I noticed this when the fuel filter bowl was half full. I had to bleed it to get it going again..
My Kubota is an awesome tractor....thanks for your help on it. 431114
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cant get my Kubota tractor started.   Cant get my Kubota tractor started. Empty

Back to top Go down

Cant get my Kubota tractor started.
Page 1 of 1