Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

$10,000 race at Windrock November 5th

Go down 
+3
mason
GunRunner
badride
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

$10,000 race at Windrock November 5th - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: $10,000 race at Windrock November 5th   $10,000 race at Windrock November 5th - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 11:12 am

GunRunner wrote:
Jerrzr you da man, lol! Lighting fast, except where you almost stop so you want get mud on the buggy 729242 Thats when a big old truck will 345888 lol!

729242 I learned that move from Chris C. I hate mud...especially just starting the day out..I was hoping they would make this more of a cross country endurance timed race. If they set up a groomed course like Rogers showing then I wont have a chance.

But if it was marked out on some of the trails then its a whole different ball game. When you run the trails with some speed every rock becomes a potential land mine. Matter fact, in that vid when I stoped I smacked that rock pretty hard and thought for sure I broke a tierod. You aint got much time to decide to skirt bewteen, go around or just go over it and no need to slow down for any water breaks. I've riden with a few xp and some turbo rzrs, and this gets them every time. On most trails its floor it then brake, floor it and then brake continously and one thing I have noticed with the power house rzrs is that when they floor it, there is a lot of wheel spin and if the tires aint hooking up then all that power is not doing much good when the clocks tickin
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: $10,000 race at Windrock November 5th   $10,000 race at Windrock November 5th - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:15 pm

I do hate mud..... yes1
But if i got to go through it to get to where i am going.
then off we go, Weeeeeeee.... cheers
They make soap for this situation...... 431114
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: $10,000 race at Windrock November 5th   $10,000 race at Windrock November 5th - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 1:26 pm

Since the existing track is a little over a mile long I would expect they will add a woods section with new trails that would be some where close to the same distance so it won't all be in the open. I would also expect it will be so tight in the woods there will be little room to pass. Most of the passing will be out on the existing track. There WILL be wrecks on the track!!!!!!! I promise!!!!!!!!!! There are a couple of off camber turns that are a pain and usually end up biting someone at every race. I have seen a couple of RZRs roll over there. One of them was an S that had been set up just for racing. The seat was lowered, the roll cage chopped, had 1 seat in it, nitrous, suspension work, no lights, pretty much stripped for racing.
One reason they are having up there at the WWO track is that they can control (charge) the spectators. The other reason is it would be too hard to block off all the roads/trails that would connect the "track".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: $10,000 race at Windrock November 5th   $10,000 race at Windrock November 5th - Page 2 EmptyFri Jul 29, 2011 10:09 am

A few years back, at about the time the S came out, king of the hammers sponserd a race at Brimestone. They bragged about how hard the course was going to be with the planned obstacles and that it was garranteed that all that entered wouldn't finsh. A ordinary rzr with nothing special won that race. Most everybody else broke something and didn't finish......I would much rather see a race like that except space the people out and let the clock decide on who wins....but it will be fun anyway. But like you said (with with the rzr set up for racing turning over) It really goes to show how it just aint always about how well a rzr or side x side is set up....
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: $10,000 race at Windrock November 5th   $10,000 race at Windrock November 5th - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 30, 2011 12:05 am

jerrzr wrote:
A few years back, at about the time the S came out, king of the hammers sponserd a race at Brimestone. They bragged about how hard the course was going to be with the planned obstacles and that it was garranteed that all that entered wouldn't finsh. A ordinary rzr with nothing special won that race. Most everybody else broke something and didn't finish......I would much rather see a race like that except space the people out and let the clock decide on who wins....but it will be fun anyway. But like you said (with with the rzr set up for racing turning over) It really goes to show how it just aint always about how well a rzr or side x side is set up....

That is because A ordinary rzr is far Superior to anything else made.
Just Saying..... 547228
Back to top Go down
aweisgarber

PostSubject: Re: $10,000 race at Windrock November 5th   $10,000 race at Windrock November 5th - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 1:16 pm

aweisgarber wrote:
badride wrote:
It will be hard, but MAYBE I can get the turbo, ECU and injectors installed in three and a half months. It just depends on how much riding we get in on Saturdays. lol!
You haven't in the last 3 1/2 months. lol!
How much progress did you make last month? 729242 729242
Back to top Go down
badride

Location : Confederate States of America Fighting Terriorism since 1861

PostSubject: Re: $10,000 race at Windrock November 5th   $10,000 race at Windrock November 5th - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 11, 2011 1:27 pm

aweisgarber wrote:
aweisgarber wrote:
badride wrote:
It will be hard, but MAYBE I can get the turbo, ECU and injectors installed in three and a half months. It just depends on how much riding we get in on Saturdays. lol!
You haven't in the last 3 1/2 months. lol!
How much progress did you make last month? 729242 729242

Just as much as we did getting Gary to ride Moe's trail. lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: $10,000 race at Windrock November 5th   $10,000 race at Windrock November 5th - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

$10,000 race at Windrock November 5th
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2