Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Need info on Pickett

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Muddy Melvin

Need info on Pickett Empty
PostSubject: Need info on Pickett   Need info on Pickett EmptyWed Jul 31, 2013 1:49 pm

I

Last edited by Muddy Melvin on Wed May 21, 2014 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rzr879

rzr879

PostSubject: Re: Need info on Pickett   Need info on Pickett EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 5:51 pm

You still need info on Pickett?
Back to top Go down
Muddy Melvin

PostSubject: Re: Need info on Pickett   Need info on Pickett EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 5:58 pm

Y

Last edited by Muddy Melvin on Wed May 21, 2014 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rzr879

rzr879

PostSubject: Re: Need info on Pickett   Need info on Pickett EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 6:49 pm

The safest place to park is in the field at the Old Sunnybrook Store. GPS coordinates for the store are N36 38.114' W084 59.151'. You have to pay $5 to park and you need the exact amount because you put the money in a box at the back of the house. I wouldn't ride there alone and would ride with someone that knows their way around Pickett a few times if at all possible. The GPS map will get you around decent if you have a GPS that gets good signal in the hills, but I would still have a map in case gps dies. I think I have seen a decent map of Pickett on one of the forums before. Most of the trails are not marked. There is very little cell phone coverage, so being able to use your phone will be limited. Trail 100 and car hauler are some of the most difficult trails. There is ways around most of the rougher places. Ground clearance and skid plates will help a lot "several rock steps to go up and down". You will need to make sure your rig is in good shape before you go because you can be several miles from the truck at times and usually not many people on the trails to help. There is too many overlooks and rock shelters to name them all. You have Pall Mall, yellow doors, and tea cup to name a few of the overlooks. A lot of video of Pickett on youtube that will give you an idea of what its like also. Pickett is my favorite place to ride and has great scenery so be sure to take a camera.
Back to top Go down
Muddy Melvin

PostSubject: Re: Need info on Pickett   Need info on Pickett EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 7:16 pm

T

Last edited by Muddy Melvin on Wed May 21, 2014 3:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Need info on Pickett   Need info on Pickett EmptyTue Aug 13, 2013 10:40 am

Looks like rzr879 summed it pretty good 431114   Jodyt is the expert their, maybe he will chime in with something beneficial to add.
Back to top Go down
rzr879

rzr879

PostSubject: Royal Blue   Need info on Pickett EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:25 pm

I will try to look you up next time I head to royal blue Muddy Melvin. Sounds like you know your way around there. I will holler at you next time I head back to Pickett. Hope to make it back there for the fall ride after leaves change. It's nice there then.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need info on Pickett   Need info on Pickett Empty

Back to top Go down

Need info on Pickett
Page 1 of 1