Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Rooster's Pickett Night Ride 5/15/2010

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JodyT

JodyT

Rooster's Pickett Night Ride 5/15/2010 Empty
PostSubject: Rooster's Pickett Night Ride 5/15/2010   Rooster's Pickett Night Ride 5/15/2010 EmptySun May 16, 2010 5:27 pm

Here is Rooster's ride Report from last night...

Rooster wrote:
What a wonderful ride.......Well until the end.....For me anyways.....

It was a little wet when we arrived at Pickett. Well ALOT wet. We left the Parking Area at 4:15. Moving along at a pretty good pace we headed for the WaterFall Rockhouse. After some playing around in the mud and rain we took off for the Lower Preacher Rock Trail (26) over towards Trail 45 then onto Trail 1 to the Dry Hollow Church. The trails were plenty wet and slick in some spots. We ended up over at Edwards Mtn Mill Point overlook for supper. Supper was nice with plenty of food and laughs. If anybody went away hungry then they should have asked Jacklyn for some Hot Sauce and Crackers...

Right after supper which was about 7:00pm is when the troubles started. I started my wheeler and rolled about 50 feet and it died. After tearing some plastics off and removing the spark plug it was determined that I fouled a plug. Had the spare and got it changed and all was well. But by now it was dark and after a 30 minute delay I changed the route a little to shorten things. We left Edwards Mtn down the Black Top by the Baptist Camp. Turned Right at Sandy Valley road and went across the creek. For as much rain as they had up there I expected the creek to be running pretty good but not.

We got on Trail 54. Now the loggers have been busy and you could see in the dark that the skidders have been everywhere with tress push and tops in the trail. They have made this trail a little rough. Then Rooster's second bad JuJu appeared. I had JodyT's Video Camera mounted to my back box with a Ram Mount. Turned around to turn it on and guess what. It was not there. I asked Jody on the Radio if he had taken it off but no. Apparently it came loose from the Ram Mount and was gone. Swallowed up by the Trail Fairys.

We came out on the end of 54 and Turned Left on 9. A quick stop for Health Breaks and we were off. For about 200 yds. We came upon a big washed out drain culvert in the middle of the trail. This is the second washed out section of Trail 9 now. The other section is down where Trail 51 comes into Trail 9. It will only be a few more hard rains till Trail 9 will be impassable at this new washed out section. We might have to go see it during the daylight to see if a bypass can be constructed.

Now with all the rain we have had, Trail 9 has become a cobblestone road. Alot more rocks have come to the surface with all the washed out rain we have had. Coming to end of Trail 9 we turned and head on Trail 3, Trail 1 and back home.

For the most part we did not have any incidents. Great Group of Riders, and very nice evening. We arrived back to the Trucks around 12:30 with 45 miles on the odometer. Thanks to the following riders for coming out to the Night Ride. We will do it again. This is the second time we have rode at night up at Pickett.

Riders:

Rooster
JodyT / daughter Elizabeth)
Ky Kodiak / Jacklyn
Bubbanewf
Mud-N-Guts
Jack Owens
Big Red 1 and Friend (forgot his name)
HondaSaki (formely TN400exRider)

Till Next Time....
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/jodytompkins
muddy-one

muddy-one

PostSubject: Re: Rooster's Pickett Night Ride 5/15/2010   Rooster's Pickett Night Ride 5/15/2010 EmptySun May 16, 2010 8:31 pm

Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Rooster's Pickett Night Ride 5/15/2010   Rooster's Pickett Night Ride 5/15/2010 EmptySun May 16, 2010 11:05 pm

Great review jody...... 431114

Sounds like a good time..... cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rooster's Pickett Night Ride 5/15/2010   Rooster's Pickett Night Ride 5/15/2010 Empty

Back to top Go down

Rooster's Pickett Night Ride 5/15/2010
Page 1 of 1