Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

2011 S, my first impresions

Go down 
+2
muddy-one
GunRunner
6 posters
AuthorMessage
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

2011 S, my first impresions Empty
PostSubject: 2011 S, my first impresions   2011 S, my first impresions EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 1:05 pm

Well now that i had a chance to ride it some, here are my thoughts.

Gearing is a little lower than my 2010, more low end and mid range.

Fox shocks are diffidently softer and valved different, much more squishy , i will be putting the swaybar back on to try for the next ride.
Clutch sucks as to how fast it goes into freewheel mode. Parts ordered and that will be fixed soon with a GunRunner clutch kit 971386
I Like the new speedo,

Like the 9&10 roll cage with back bars better.

Rode good had good power and gas mileage was much better it seemed after the Saturday ride i had only used 3 bars, my 10 would have been about empty.

Polaris screwed up on the paint, black is not the color for off roading and shows everything but looks good when new lol!

bighorns seemed to work good, so i guess i will keep them on it for now.

Stock headlights were 50% better than my 10, and now with lo and high beams i could actually see the trail but no match for HID's

All in all i like it, and will even better with a few adjustments.

Back to top Go down
muddy-one

muddy-one

PostSubject: Re: 2011 S, my first impresions   2011 S, my first impresions EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 2:59 pm

That is great fuel mileage. I only had two bars left.

I do know one thing for sure it looks good. 431114
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: 2011 S, my first impresions   2011 S, my first impresions EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 5:52 pm

GunRunner wrote:
Well now that i had a chance to ride it some, here are my thoughts.

Gearing is a little lower than my 2010, more low end and mid range.

Fox shocks are diffidently softer and valved different, much more squishy , i will be putting the swaybar back on to try for the next ride.
Clutch sucks as to how fast it goes into freewheel mode. Parts ordered and that will be fixed soon with a GunRunner clutch kit 971386
I Like the new speedo,

Like the 9&10 roll cage with back bars better.

Rode good had good power and gas mileage was much better it seemed after the Saturday ride i had only used 3 bars, my 10 would have been about empty.

Polaris screwed up on the paint, black is not the color for off roading and shows everything but looks good when new lol!

bighorns seemed to work good, so i guess i will keep them on it for now.

Stock headlights were 50% better than my 10, and now with lo and high beams i could actually see the trail but no match for HID's

All in all i like it, and will even better with a few adjustments.

it would use more gas if you would mash on it a little more..... icon13
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

PostSubject: Re: 2011 S, my first impresions   2011 S, my first impresions EmptyTue Sep 28, 2010 11:42 pm

I know it is a bit bitchy, but I want the clock. Sux that they removed it.

Did they add engine temp to the speedo?

Glad they did a bit better job on the shocks, but all my buddies have theirs turned up to clear the rocks better.

GunRunner, do you know if the Hi/Low beams are one or two bulbs? I wish my 09 was dual bulbs. I am sick of getting blinded by passing cars since all I have is 35w HID's. Should fix that this weekend with added lights.

I was talking with my dealer after he came back from the big Polaris meeting. Seems next year may get even slower. He stated that "Polaris wants to slow them down, but maintain the HP. So, they are going to clutch the S to only run 55 like the standard RZR". That actually pissed me off. He said Polaris does not care if the Commander can out run it. Dealer stated "When you go up a hill with a RZR and a Commander, you will see them side by side". I do not really care for thinking like that. But, with the right clutching you can walk away from the Commander. For all that may be wondering, he would not talk about a new model.
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
yellow660

PostSubject: Re: 2011 S, my first impresions   2011 S, my first impresions EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 5:52 am

The 2011 bulbs are a single unit with dual filaments. Just installed a set of Hi\Low HID's on a buddies 2011 and what a PITA! Alot more wires to deal with unless you want to start cutting them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: 2011 S, my first impresions   2011 S, my first impresions EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 10:14 am

Triel wrote:
I know it is a bit bitchy, but I want the clock. Sux that they removed it.

Did they add engine temp to the speedo?

Glad they did a bit better job on the shocks, but all my buddies have theirs turned up to clear the rocks better.

GunRunner, do you know if the Hi/Low beams are one or two bulbs? I wish my 09 was dual bulbs. I am sick of getting blinded by passing cars since all I have is 35w HID's. Should fix that this weekend with added lights.

I was talking with my dealer after he came back from the big Polaris meeting. Seems next year may get even slower. He stated that "Polaris wants to slow them down, but maintain the HP. So, they are going to clutch the S to only run 55 like the standard RZR". That actually pissed me off. He said Polaris does not care if the Commander can out run it. Dealer stated "When you go up a hill with a RZR and a Commander, you will see them side by side". I do not really care for thinking like that. But, with the right clutching you can walk away from the Commander. For all that may be wondering, he would not talk about a new model.

Bulb is now a H-13 bulb, single one bulb setup, the 2011 S has been slowed down to est 55mph, all rzr's are running the same motor now, guess it was done thru gearing. yes there is now a temp gauge in the speedo too.
Back to top Go down
Nocerisdave

Nocerisdave

PostSubject: Re: 2011 S, my first impresions   2011 S, my first impresions EmptyWed Sep 29, 2010 9:35 pm

You would think they would learn from Yamaha's stagnate UTV sales.....
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

PostSubject: Re: 2011 S, my first impresions   2011 S, my first impresions EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:58 am

Very interesting! I guess I will not be trading for awhile. I do love the new lights and speedo though.

FYI, buddy ordered a new rocker panel for his 2010 and got the 2011 version. Seems plastic all subs to the new numbers. The dealer ended up giving him both sides and sent Polaris his complaints.
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 S, my first impresions   2011 S, my first impresions Empty

Back to top Go down

2011 S, my first impresions
Page 1 of 1