Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Green grease for cv joint?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Green grease for cv joint? Empty
PostSubject: Green grease for cv joint?   Green grease for cv joint? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 12:48 pm

Turns out that one of my problems is a broken outer cv joint on one of my front axles. Superatv will warranty it but I still have to pay at least $50 for shipping plus no telling when to get it back....It just so happens that I have a boot and cv joint that will work but not any "specific" cv grease.

Do you all think that the waterproof (not that it needs to be) Green grease would be ok to use??
Back to top Go down
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

PostSubject: Re: Green grease for cv joint?   Green grease for cv joint? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 1:20 pm

I think so, but you can buy cv grease at any parts store.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green grease for cv joint?   Green grease for cv joint? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 7:41 pm

Use the cv joint grease Jerry,like Gunny said you can buy it at any auto store..

Grease has different properties for different uses,and as cv joints are not cheap i think I would use what they call for..Although any grease may work I do not know for sure...
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: Green grease for cv joint?   Green grease for cv joint? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 7:44 pm

Use ONLY CV Grease...... yes1
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Green grease for cv joint?   Green grease for cv joint? EmptyWed Feb 23, 2011 8:10 pm

The autozone in harriman did not have any cv grease. But I had the wife pick some cv grease up elsewhere while i am here at work, so when i get I home tonight I will get er done...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Green grease for cv joint?   Green grease for cv joint? Empty

Back to top Go down

Green grease for cv joint?
Page 1 of 1