Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

Bushings Bad ??

Go down 
+3
edge22
GunRunner
stacrzr
7 posters
AuthorMessage
stacrzr

stacrzr

Bushings Bad ?? Empty
PostSubject: Bushings Bad ??   Bushings Bad ?? EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 12:41 pm

I posted a couple weeks ago about a questionable busted hub. The dealer said hub is fine, my bushing are bad and had to order A arms, bushings. They said it is still under warrenty. I grease all the fittings about every ride, wonder what happened? My old RZR never did that.....
Back to top Go down
http://smalenovsky@gmail.com
GunRunner
Admin
GunRunner

Bushings Bad ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bushings Bad ??   Bushings Bad ?? EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 2:09 pm

If you grease them EVERY time using "green grease" they will last 10 times longer. Ive found that every ride adds water in the bushings just from running thru mudholes add a creek crossing or two and it gets a lot, green grease is water proof almost and it will keep a lot out but still when i hit the lever i hear it pop air and push a little out. Same goes for making your tie rod ends last, put a needle on the grease gun and fill the rubber cover up as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

Bushings Bad ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bushings Bad ??   Bushings Bad ?? EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 2:13 pm

stacrzr wrote:
I posted a couple weeks ago about a questionable busted hub. The dealer said hub is fine, my bushing are bad and had to order A arms, bushings. They said it is still under warrenty. I grease all the fittings about every ride, wonder what happened? My old RZR never did that.....

How many miles do you have on yours? Mine is in the shop also, worn out lower ball joints around 450miles
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

Bushings Bad ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bushings Bad ??   Bushings Bad ?? EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 8:12 pm

stacrzr wrote:

Was your old RZR an S ? . An S has a lot more leverage on the A arms
than a regular RZR , so they will wear faster.
specially under rough conditions... 431114
Back to top Go down
stacrzr

stacrzr

Bushings Bad ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bushings Bad ??   Bushings Bad ?? EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 6:50 pm

my old one was 08 rzr. about 400 miles
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

Bushings Bad ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bushings Bad ??   Bushings Bad ?? EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 1:01 am

stacrzr wrote:
my old one was 08 rzr. about 400 miles

Grease them with green water proof grease and it will help.
but to be honest like i said an S has a lot more leverage on them
than a regular RZR , its just the nature of the beast.
and the way you ride. there not going to live much over 500 miles.
may want to try looking into after market bushings. they may be better.
i have the derling bushing in the rear of mine.... 431114
Back to top Go down
stacrzr

stacrzr

Bushings Bad ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bushings Bad ??   Bushings Bad ?? EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 12:35 am

never had problem with standard,,,, s should be stronger.......................... will not get parts until 4-29...... sucks a big 1

Last edited by stacrzr on Fri Apr 22, 2011 1:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

Bushings Bad ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bushings Bad ??   Bushings Bad ?? EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 1:27 am

Should be..... yes1
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

Bushings Bad ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bushings Bad ??   Bushings Bad ?? EmptyFri Apr 22, 2011 10:12 pm

stacrzr wrote:
never had problem with standard,,,, s should be stronger.......................... will not get parts until 4-29...... sucks a big 1

Well mine is their also gettin ball joints. Dont know how long it will take
Back to top Go down
bigmike

bigmike

Bushings Bad ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bushings Bad ??   Bushings Bad ?? EmptyTue Apr 26, 2011 11:24 pm

828 miles on my rzr s and went to tommys motorsports in Clinton today to pick up all 8 front a arm bushings, rears seems ok for now.6 out of 8 of the front had a lot of slop in them. Tommys had them in stock.

I'm gonna reverse engineer one of these and order some delrin so by the time I need them again ill have a set of delrin ones ready to put in, just make them myself.
Back to top Go down
mason

mason

Bushings Bad ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bushings Bad ??   Bushings Bad ?? EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 7:41 am

super dave on this site has a arm bushings that are real good have over 800 miles on mine and they are still tight you have to change the rod inside to because it wears to also if you put new ones on and still has play grind some off the rods to take out play it works lets it tighten up more [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bigmike

bigmike

Bushings Bad ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bushings Bad ??   Bushings Bad ?? EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:14 am

Thanks Mason! I have looked into superdaves stuff before, looks like some good quality parts but I can purchase the delrin rod myself and a few hours on the lathe and I'm done. I usually do replace the rod but couldn't find one in stock. I gotta a bunch of friends coming in from Indiana end of next week so I didn't wanna get caught still waiting on parts.

I took one of the new stock ones out of the package last night, no wonder they don't last long.
Back to top Go down
roadie

roadie

Bushings Bad ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bushings Bad ??   Bushings Bad ?? EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 7:45 pm

I got Delrin bushings for my Teryx that I had . I got them from UTV crap and thats what they were crap. The Delrin they use is not the self lubing kind so they don't last. Be sure to get the good Delrin .
Back to top Go down
mason

mason

Bushings Bad ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bushings Bad ??   Bushings Bad ?? EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 7:58 pm

super dave has free shipping and he sends it thru the mail
Back to top Go down
bigmike

bigmike

Bushings Bad ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bushings Bad ??   Bushings Bad ?? EmptyWed Apr 27, 2011 9:27 pm

roadie wrote:
I got Delrin bushings for my Teryx that I had . I got them from UTV crap and thats what they were crap. The Delrin they use is not the self lubing kind so they don't last. Be sure to get the good Delrin .

They must have used a delrin "equivalent". Delrin is a brand name and other plastic manufacturers make types of PTFE which doesn't have the exact same properties as delrin. We use delrin all the time for bushings at work. I make sure to use Black delrin which is what I have always known as the self lubing type.
Back to top Go down
roadie

roadie

Bushings Bad ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bushings Bad ??   Bushings Bad ?? EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 5:42 am

I read that they don't use the self lubing because of the cost.
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

Bushings Bad ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bushings Bad ??   Bushings Bad ?? EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:49 pm

Well shit! Mine was in the shop for two and a half weeks for what I thought was worn ball joints. Got it back after they replaced them and still has play in it. After further inspection it is the A- arm bushings that are bad.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

Bushings Bad ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bushings Bad ??   Bushings Bad ?? EmptyThu Apr 28, 2011 11:53 pm

Damn , That sux's.... pale
Back to top Go down

Bushings Bad ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bushings Bad ??   Bushings Bad ?? EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 1:49 am

I will never send mine to Ultimate Toys for any work again...I can understand if warranty covers it. When I broke my first axle I took it there for warranty work and they had it for 7weeks. I wasn't happy. There was no excuse for them not to inspect the a-arm bushings on your RZR and replace them...If its warranty work, give Virgil a call and tell him about it, he will get it fixed in a jiffy for you... madz
Back to top Go down
bigmike

bigmike

Bushings Bad ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bushings Bad ??   Bushings Bad ?? EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 7:56 am

edge22 wrote:
Well shit! Mine was in the shop for two and a half weeks for what I thought was worn ball joints. Got it back after they replaced them and still has play in it. After further inspection it is the A- arm bushings that are bad.

That's a bunch of horse manure! There is no reason why they shouldn't have caught that. Takes a whole 10 minutes to figure out the root cause.
Back to top Go down
edge22
edge22

Bushings Bad ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bushings Bad ??   Bushings Bad ?? EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 9:50 am

Hell i dont want to take it up their and leave it again. Thinking about just seeing if they will give me the bushings and let me do it myself
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

Bushings Bad ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bushings Bad ??   Bushings Bad ?? EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 10:59 pm

I would rather do it myself anyway..... 431114
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bushings Bad ?? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bushings Bad ??   Bushings Bad ?? Empty

Back to top Go down

Bushings Bad ??
Page 1 of 1