Southern RZR Riders
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home Of The Ultimate Trail Machine

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to the the Southern RZR Riders Your Ride Hard - Play Hard RZR Forum

How good is Brimstone?

Go down 
+6
bush
AIRBORNE
DoddS
yellow660
ChrisC
WoodsRider
10 posters
AuthorMessage
WoodsRider

How good is Brimstone? Empty
PostSubject: How good is Brimstone?   How good is Brimstone? EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 11:15 pm

I have had 3 rides at Brimstone (my only 3 rides on my new RZR)and really like the place. I am getting more comfortable on the red trails and look forward to them. I was thinking about making a trip to the Hatfield McCoy trail system or Windrock trails. Of the three how would they be rated on how challenging they are?
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: How good is Brimstone?   How good is Brimstone? EmptyMon Aug 22, 2011 11:40 pm

Welcome to the site Woodsrider....... 23521

I would say Brimstone #1 Windrock 2nd.
I don't know that much about the other...... 248474
We are going to Windrock on Sept 3rd.
You are welcome to come if you want..... cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: How good is Brimstone?   How good is Brimstone? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 5:38 am

Hatfield McCoy spends alot of time grooming their trails. Very Few hard trails. The trails change elevation rapidly but that is about it. It is a fun place to visit and being able to ride your ATV into town is an experience. Everyone should go to H/M at least once.
Back to top Go down
yellow660

PostSubject: Re: How good is Brimstone?   How good is Brimstone? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 6:02 am

Brimestone #1
Windrock #2
HM #3 (I was very disappointed with HM)
Back to top Go down
DoddS

DoddS

PostSubject: Re: How good is Brimstone?   How good is Brimstone? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 10:51 am

Brimstone 1
Windrock 2
Black Mountain 3
HM #10
Back to top Go down
WoodsRider

PostSubject: Re: How good is Brimstone?   How good is Brimstone? EmptyTue Aug 23, 2011 8:35 pm

DoddS wrote:
Brimstone 1
Windrock 2
Black Mountain 3
HM #10

have been to HM a few times several years ago on my dirt bike and thought the single track was very good. I never thought about what it would be like with a RZR because I didn't even know what that was back then. I think I will join the group for the Windrock ride. I would like some more info on Black Mountain. I have never heard of that.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE

AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: How good is Brimstone?   How good is Brimstone? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 6:16 am

Brimstone 1
Black Mountain 2
Windrock 3
Pickett and Royal Blue are both worth a look.

I am from West Virginia and I will not pay for a permit to ride H/M if that tells you anything. I have never been, and I don't plan to. Too many other good places to ride, including a wealth of places in WV that you can ride for free.

Sums up my point of view.
Back to top Go down
AIRBORNE

AIRBORNE

PostSubject: Re: How good is Brimstone?   How good is Brimstone? EmptyWed Aug 24, 2011 6:18 am

Black Mountain is in Harlan County, KY. Eastern KY, near the VA border.

Check out the HCRR. Awesome place to ride and some of the best folks you would ever want to meet.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
bush

bush

PostSubject: Re: How good is Brimstone?   How good is Brimstone? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 12:44 pm

1. brimstone
2.windrock
3. H&M
if you add evarts/blackmountain its 3 and H&M 4th

H&M trails are all easy. the hard trails are like brimstones green.i rode all weekend at H&M and never use 4x4

if you want to ride WV check out the outlaw/wagon wheel trails or east lynn.
Back to top Go down
WoodsRider

PostSubject: Re: How good is Brimstone?   How good is Brimstone? EmptyThu Aug 25, 2011 2:05 pm

Why is HM spending money to maintain trails to the extent that they are driving their customers away because their is no challenge? Are they worried about a law suite from someone getting hurt?
Back to top Go down
gimpy

gimpy

PostSubject: Re: How good is Brimstone?   How good is Brimstone? EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 9:42 pm

The southernsxsriders.net club ride at HM was the worst experience that most of us ever had. The campground owners suck and Barney sucks. IMO. That is the system in Gilbert. Outlaw trails I hear are better. Wind Rock, Brimestone are some of the best.
Back to top Go down
WoodsRider

PostSubject: Re: How good is Brimstone?   How good is Brimstone? EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 9:19 am

I will see you guys at Windrock this weekend. I am a newbee and have been to Brimstone 3 times. We went to Black mountain last weekend and I was very impressed. My first impression is that Brimstone is a much nicer place but the trails at Black Mountain appeared to be more challenging. I had to pass on several of them but I have been able to ride the red trails at Brimstone.
Back to top Go down
Triel

Triel

PostSubject: Re: How good is Brimstone?   How good is Brimstone? EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:40 pm

Is Brimstone or Huntsville area a dry county?
Back to top Go down
http://www.entropyinitiative.com
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: How good is Brimstone?   How good is Brimstone? EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 10:03 pm

Triel wrote:

Not if your there with some of the people we ride with...... 729242 729242 729242
Back to top Go down
chipper

PostSubject: Re: How good is Brimstone?   How good is Brimstone? EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 10:51 pm

Triel wrote:

I'm thinking that they sell beer at the convienient stores there.
Back to top Go down
ChrisC
Admin
ChrisC

PostSubject: Re: How good is Brimstone?   How good is Brimstone? EmptyWed Aug 31, 2011 12:27 am

And if you see Big-R there he may sell you a Beer.
cause he always has plenty....... lol!
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe

RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: How good is Brimstone?   How good is Brimstone? EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 8:56 pm

Brimstone #1 All around great place - huge.
Callalantee #2 If it where larger it would be #1. Some of the most technical trails you'll ride.
Have not rode Winrock yet so can't say
CAW #3 Great family place to ride
Back to top Go down
WoodsRider

PostSubject: Re: How good is Brimstone?   How good is Brimstone? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:13 am

Thanks for bringing up Callalantee. Someone told me about that the other day and I just dismissed it thinking it was not worth the trip.
Back to top Go down
RZR_Joe

RZR_Joe

PostSubject: Re: How good is Brimstone?   How good is Brimstone? EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 9:18 am

WoodsRider wrote:
Thanks for bringing up Callalantee. Someone told me about that the other day and I just dismissed it thinking it was not worth the trip.

Great place, great trails, and the scenery is awesome. Do a search for some of the videos.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How good is Brimstone?   How good is Brimstone? Empty

Back to top Go down

How good is Brimstone?
Page 1 of 1